Screamfeeder's Joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
...inevitably popular threads would get completely derailed by your 'but I'm not wrong, and I'm not trolling' asshattery.
You mean threads I created, fermented, nurtured and protected?

Cool cool.

I care about you Erronius. You're a rando dude I have interacted with over the years in one capacity or another. I put you in where I put Tuco, Soy and a few others on my "weird dude I know stuff about but are still an internet stranger".

But thats not the point at all. The point is, I like this comnunity. Its my one and only internet vice. I dont do Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Never have and never will. I'll browse me some 4chan when im feeling edgy but never post. So I do get overly invested in this place. It's brought me a lot of laughs over the years. Most of those laughs have come from unique and personalized interactions with the members and the interplay between them.

So when I see it turn into a cock-gobbling, poor mans /pol/ I get salty. Not because of how it is, but because people are so open to just letting it be. If even 1/4 of the people who post here stopped shrugging their weak ass shoulders and spoke up, we would have avoided all the issues that currently rub amok.

But in our current climate, asking anyone to give any amount of fuck just gets you mocked.

Oh well.

• 1Clown World
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You mean threads I created, fermented, nurtured and protected?

Yes. That's what I meant.

So when I see it turn into a cock-gobbling, poor mans /pol/ I get salty. Not because of how it is, but because people are so open to just letting it be. If even 1/4 of the people who post here stopped shrugging their weak ass shoulders and spoke up, we would have avoided all the issues that currently rub amok.

But in our current climate, asking anyone to give any amount of fuck just gets you mocked.

Your mistake is thinking that if you just argue hard enough, or get enough people to argue with you, that everyone will just stop what they're doing and go "well, shit, I guess you're right..."

But they won't.

Maybe you've missed just how bad things have become because you aren't on social media at all. In the last few years I went from arguing nonstop with certain friends, to having to unfriend one or two people here and there, to finally realizing that right now people are choosing what they want to believe and that no arguments to the contrary will sway them. I watched as the majority of my FB friends list swung into deep-Red territory, complete with idiotic and easily disproved conspiracy theories, thinly veiled racism, calls for violent action against minorities/liberals/others...all served up with copious amounts of confirmation bias. I finally just nuked FB from orbit, because who wants to have to deal with that nonsense?

You can't change the minds of people who are too stupid to understand whatever debate your having, when they've been given easy-to-chew mindless partisan talking points to embrace. Nor can you change the minds of intelligent people who have ceded open discussion or thought, in favor of a warm and comforting echo chamber and the ever-attractive possibility of 'always being right'. Just look around and see how many people just refuse to acknowledge the validity of anything that runs counter to their preferred narrative, before going right back to restating their beliefs as fact.

The only place I can have an effective discussion or debate anymore, is IRL. With face to face interaction. But if you think that you can do differently, do better, then by all means do your best. I wish you the best of luck.

You're wanting to go into the politics thread and change the tiger's stripes. I think it's a lost cause. That's also why I've given up on most of the forum, and my favorite threads. We've lost a lot of good people over the years, and while FOH was never a 'good' forum, it's certainly a lot worse than its ever been and that's because so many of the people left are just absolute garbage. You can't moderate your way out of that. You can't Admin your way out of that. And you most definitely can't argue your way out of it.

Remember when FOH would make the funniest (and stupidest) homebrew memes, and that was the most hilarious shit ever? Now we're stuck with people reposting shit from Reddit/Twitter/etc nonstop, and the rest of the forums applauds that 'effort' as if that's the pinnacle of content to be had here.

This place is shit, because the vast majority of the current userbase is shit.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
giphy.gif

People have jobs now, not lost. Most of us come here to relieve nostalgia / shitpost. Or keep corona insanity at bay. It’s all good. Miss your shoops and wit, Erronius Erronius - put on them rose colored glasses and brawl a bit. We’re not getting any younger.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
So finally read Art of the Deal huh?
Sure did! Got my million dollar loan, my access to a bunch of WASP banker information, my mob connections and I'm ready to live life like one of you regular, normal "Americans"!

Oh man sport ball! Relatable right‽

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Sure did! Got my million dollar loan, my access to a bunch of WASP banker information, my mob connections and I'm ready to live life like one of you regular, normal "Americans"!

Oh man sport ball! Relatable right‽

Your forgot Soros and Adenochrome.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Yo Lithose.

Why did your "Greatest President Ever" pay less taxes than your High School janitor?

• 2Trump
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I hear he’s working pro bono. Got to play a lot of golf too, since noone else is. Probably getting ready to pay 500B dollars worth of Nike. How many sneakers are 750 dollars, 7?
I'm sure glad we're saving that 400k!

Good thing we aren't spending hundreds of millions directly to his properties that he still profits from! That would be some bad math.

That "Platinum Plan" looks to be about as good as The Wall too. Boy oh boy! Can we get foler in here with a hearty MAGA?

• 1Trump
Status
Not open for further replies.