Sea of Thieves (PC / Xbone)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So played this last night in an attempt to get some more gold. Did a cargo run, and then ran into two slopes and for once didn't try to kill them outright, and I am glad I didn't! They were super cool - invited me into their alliance, and then I reaped some awesome rewards. When In an alliance you can see them on your map, and when they turn stuff in you get 50% of the gold rewards (person turning in gets 100%). Played for about 4 hours. They even gave me a higher level quest to work on with bigger rewards. Around hour 3 after dropping off some chests, I heard one of them having problems with another pirate sloop, so I came in and rammed the bastard full speed, fired a couple cannon shots while the alliance member was "WHATDYA THINK NOW!? SLOOP ALLIANCE BITCHES!"

Was epic :)

TJT TJT What time tonight? And do you have me on your friends list on Xbox?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So played this last night in an attempt to get some more gold. Did a cargo run, and then ran into two slopes and for once didn't try to kill them outright, and I am glad I didn't! They were super cool - invited me into their alliance, and then I reaped some awesome rewards. When In an alliance you can see them on your map, and when they turn stuff in you get 50% of the gold rewards (person turning in gets 100%). Played for about 4 hours. They even gave me a higher level quest to work on with bigger rewards. Around hour 3 after dropping off some chests, I heard one of them having problems with another pirate sloop, so I came in and rammed the bastard full speed, fired a couple cannon shots while the alliance member was "WHATDYA THINK NOW!? SLOOP ALLIANCE BITCHES!"

Was epic :)

TJT TJT What time tonight? And do you have me on your friends list on Xbox?

Around 7. I'll be in discord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So, this game got good then? I always was sad when it launched and was so empty.

They have made and added a lot of stuff. I'll list a few:

1) New Ship.

2) Ghost Pirate Ships which will attack you on site - kind of tough to take down solo because the skeleton pirates respawn in the ship once killed so you either have to hit them hard and fast with a Galleon or Brig, or board the ship to take down the respawns so they cannot repair their ship and it sinks. Resulting in loot obviously.

3) Quest types have expanded.
A) Merchant quests: Cargo runs to people on islands, along with the hunt and find quests like capture 3 chickens and bring them back.
B) Chest runs are more fun. A combination of X marks the spot is still there but they have more detailed riddle quests now, with stages as well.
C) Bounty missions can have more stages.
D) You can find quests in the wild in barrels or bottles (This may have always been there but I do not remember it at launch)
E) New Islands which have some unique game play challenges

4) Game loads faster and is way less buggy.

5) New instrument to play (I know... I know....) and more cosmetics to buy with your Gold.

6) Shark hunting and Monster hunting

7) Forts have expanded and actually work correctly.

All in all it's still the same game with more to do now, with the end goal still being just buying cosmetics. They have a new patch coming out soon which will introduce a new faction "The Sea Dogs" which is intertwined with a new Arena style PvP mode.

All in all, a majority of the fun is still hilarious shenanigans when running into other people. I pretended to be a Kamakazii pirate the other day yelling "YOU CWAZY ME NO BOMB PEAWL HARBA! BONAZIIII!" as I crashed my sloop into a ship I stood no chance against beating, with a voice trumpet, from the front of my ship jumping up and down... What was even better was as I did that I didn't realize I had a ghost ship following me and as I didn't care if I lived or died, while they were repairing (After I had jumped from my sloop before it hit them) the ghost ship zeroed in on those guys as they were reparing and destroyed their ship and all their valuables along with it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just seems weird that there’s no stats and gear with stats I guess.

Yeah all cosmetic. But you can do a lot with the options. Sail, boat, cannons, lights, guns, swords, instruments, outfits, gloves, hat, boots, insigias, flags, etc ,

But really the fun to be had is the open world shenanigans and unforgiving nature of PvP. It's an all you can eat open PvP experience. If anything, if you have windows 10 and a dollar you can try it out for 30 days.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok I’ll meet you in there. Need to friend each other in your Xbox app. Get in game chat working and it’s cross play with PC. I play on my one X

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Picked it up for the dollar deal (also 50% off if you want to outright buy it) and it's a lot of fun. I'm playing on my gaming PC with some friends so can't say much for how it plays on XBOX and/or with random people but if you have some homies and a little teamwork, it's some pretty good times.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
TJT and I had some duo fun tonight. We allied with a group that had more loot on their ship than Christ and I think they were afraid we were going to sink them, so they allied with us and we made 12k doing nothing lol

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Picked it up for the dollar deal (also 50% off if you want to outright buy it) and it's a lot of fun. I'm playing on my gaming PC with some friends so can't say much for how it plays on XBOX and/or with random people but if you have some homies and a little teamwork, it's some pretty good times.

We should team up sometime with an foh group. :)

• 2Like

rad

Lord of Guk
Picked this up, I'll try and catch ya skallywags on in the next few days.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
We should team up sometime with an foh group. :)

Absolutely! I'll be out for a couple days with the fam but we'll have to get a crew together sometime in the next few days.

I'll give an update while i'm posting on my experience thus far. We spent a little bit of time just looking for people to plunder and had much more downtime than I expected last night. However, we decided to go after a ghost ship and attempt to stock up by searching some islands. I'm not a big fan of the PvE side of things (quests and island hopping) but the ghost ship encounter was pretty cool. A Meg jumped us mid battle and a solo try to get his hands on the loot at the end.

Thus far, when there's action, the game is incredibly fun, especially with friends. If you start doing quests, float around, or island hop I think it's fairly painful. I think the idea that if you do find yourself working on some side stuff, you'll run into players. They need to make sure they keep the server population as dense as possible. It would be nice to have some cosmetic items to come from achievements by doing some PvE stuff that way if you are forced to some downtime that you're at least working towards something. Maybe some "epic" quest for cosmetic items or addition ship decor... just anything.

• 2Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
We typically don't run into a lot of people during the week but when we played on a Sunday afternoon last week it was non-stop contact with PC ships.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Absolutely! I'll be out for a couple days with the fam but we'll have to get a crew together sometime in the next few days.

For sure :) This weekend is off and on - but next weekend is drunk gaming weekend so Friday night, all day Saturday, all Saturday night would be a definite.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They need to make sure they keep the server population as dense as possible.

Servers are limited to 6 ships max. There are also lots of PVE carebears who use a discord to communicate and fill their own servers so they can pve without being attacked.

• 1Like