Sea of Thieves (PC / Xbone)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's fun screwing around in coop for a while but yeah definitely not worth 60 in the slightest. I played with an old EQ/EJ guildie (Haven't played games together in a hell of a long time) and had a blast. We were on an island looking for a chest, dug it out and were in the process of carrying it back when we see a ship come at us... "Oh shit.... he's going to ram our ship" and wham. We were trying to swim under water and come up and hijack their boat but they were on to that and decked us in the water.

14 day free trial game pass material. But without anything but cosmetics and 3 mission types which never vary much, it's pretty ridiculous this was launched as a 60 dollar game.

Probably the best looking water I have ever seen in a game though. Especially with HDR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i've got a 18 gig update on xbox not sure what the fuck is going on, that was as big as the game download iirc

on era people are saying those who have downloaded the update can't run the game anymore, it says you don't own the game on both W10 and Xbox
also gamerscore (achievements) are locked for a week, you cant earn any right now apparently.

great game

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Probably didn't write it to patch the game without re-downloading a whole new client. Haven't seen that ineptitude happen since TESO.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
There's very little to do in this game but I've been having a lot of fun with it for a week. I think I'm going to let my GamePass expire once the trial is over but if this is ever on sale for a more modest price I will definitely pick it up.

Mikey

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This game is amazing fun to play with friends. The coordination of successfully captaining a 4 person boat is rewarding to me. I'm having more fun playing this than anything else I've played in recent memory. I can also understand how this is an outlier opinion, but I think it's great.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
It is, there are two types of people playing SoT. The players who log in solo or into a dysfunctional pug crew seeing no linear treadmill carrot on a stick game with open world pvp they confuse with griefing and the player who has a solid crew experiencing the open world player v player and ship v ship interaction, fighting over the pvp raid hotspot, experiencing any number of random events that occur when players cross paths all occurring over beautiful world with great atmosphere. I get the $60 complaint but Ive spent more time with my friends in SoT having blast than I have in the last four games I purchased.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This game is amazing fun to play with friends. The coordination of successfully captaining a 4 person boat is rewarding to me. I'm having more fun playing this than anything else I've played in recent memory. I can also understand how this is an outlier opinion, but I think it's great.
Yeah, I don't think anyone is arguing that the core gamplay (with friends) isn't fun. It definitely is. It's just that there is no carrot on the stick to really hook you and your friends. After a few sessions, we've pretty much lost all interest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yep. If this had more to do aside from the 3 standard mission types and the same skeletons to kill over and over again, with the occasional “oh hey a ship let’s kill it” with items to progress to aside from cosmetics (which you yourself cannot even see) it would be at least worth 40. Right now the price tag of 60 for this is ridiculous. Although myself, I did the gamepass trial. Rule 1) don’t make a cosmetic shop for the only carrot when you cannot even see yourself. 2) you better come out with more cosmetic options than what they have, by say, times 34 squared. 3) if you don’t have this done yet, and have a shell of a game, charge 19 and call it early access.

The least they could have done was add cool shit to find on those islands out side of missions so exploring could have been rewarded. Not much there but an occasional larger chest.

Sell this for 19 as early access, and it would be fine. I doubt anyone would be complaining. But a full retail game price for this is assanine.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yep. If this had more to do aside from the 3 standard mission types and the same skeletons to kill over and over again, with the occasional “oh hey a ship let’s kill it” with items to progress to aside from cosmetics (which you yourself cannot even see) it would be at least worth 40. Right now the price tag of 60 for this is ridiculous. Although myself, I did the gamepass trial. Rule 1) don’t make a cosmetic shop for the only carrot when you cannot even see yourself. 2) you better come out with more cosmetic options than what they have, by say, times 34 squared. 3) if you don’t have this done yet, and have a shell of a game, charge 19 and call it early access.

The least they could have done was add cool shit to find on those islands out side of missions so exploring could have been rewarded. Not much there but an occasional larger chest.

Sell this for 19 as early access, and it would be fine. I doubt anyone would be complaining. But a full retail game price for this is assanine.

Yeah, I dropped $60 on it after a friend told me to get it and go fuck around with him on it. Concept was cool, but I knew after closing it the one time I played that I had wasted $60.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This was THE main item and major push for Microsoft at PAX East and the Chips Ahoy Sea of Thieves gaming area was designed as a victory lap... Clearly they thought it was better than it is

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I don't think any of the higher ups at gaming studios or definitely publishers play games anymore. We've watered down the term "gamer" so much that I could've played Pong once in 1979 and I could call myself a gamer. Then again, I don't want a neckbeard on adderall who's been up for 30 hours grinding his ass off just to be considered a gamer.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I got the controller that was linked a few pages back, just because i needed/wanted a gaming pad. It's fucking awesome. It also comes with some codes for the games (ferryman dlc) and a 14 days Live gold pass for the xbone. I will not use any of them. If anybody wants to exchange them for a cheapo indy game or whatever on steam. Send me a pm. The controller kicks ass. So cool looking, thinking of buying the charging stand for it also. Well, if anybody is interested, send me a tell.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
They’re adding a PvP mode called The Arena early next year. Short on details at the moment. This could be enough to pull my friends and me back in for a little while—unlike every other “expansion” announced/released.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wait, I thought PVP was pretty much the only thing you could do in that game at launch?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
wait, I thought PVP was pretty much the only thing you could do in that game at launch?

Now you get to PVP for ladder points against other people who actually want to PVP. Rather than rove around trying to prey upon the casuals who are just trying to quest.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
there were some hilarious streams for this over the weekend

summit and his crew are fucking hillarious to watch

they recently figured out that carebears would form up and organize a 50 man "alliance" to take over and completely fill a server, so that they could quest and not get pirated. well, summit's and pace's viewers that are in on these alliances have been inviting them in and they just wrecked so much shit and got sooo rich, really fun to watch when action going on, but can be boring at times

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
summit and his crew are fucking hillarious to watch

they recently figured out that carebears would form up and organize a 50 man "alliance" to take over and completely fill a server, so that they could quest and not get pirated. well, summit's and pace's viewers that are in on these alliances have been inviting them in and they just wrecked so much shit and got sooo rich, really fun to watch when action going on, but can be boring at times

Pirate Larping faggots mad that they got... attacked by pirates in a game called Sea of Thieves.

It's poetic to be honest.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Pirate Larping faggots mad that they got... attacked by pirates in a game called Sea of Thieves.

It's poetic to be honest.

the funny thing is they're crying while being the actual ones gaming the system by setting up save haven carebear servers

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users