Sea of Thieves (PC / Xbone)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Last night I was watching the Summit video where he snuck onto some newbs' ship. Funny stuff.

How this game coming along? I've been waiting to see how content was progressing. I see it is on sale now but it seems like the purchase page only allows for purchasing for xbox, which I don't have. Is it all the same license?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Last night I was watching the Summit video where he snuck onto some newbs' ship. Funny stuff.

How this game coming along? I've been waiting to see how content was progressing. I see it is on sale now but it seems like the purchase page only allows for purchasing for xbox, which I don't have. Is it all the same license?

Yeah it's a play anywhere title. So you could actually sign up for the XBox One Gamepass trial (Even without an Xbox One, I believe) and download SoT on PC for free to give it a shot.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah if you wanna try it on PC sign up for xbox gamepass here
Xbox Game Pass | Xbox

its only a $1 i think your first month (you can even get free 7 or 14 day trial codes but you'd have to find someone who got it with a new game they bought).

It AUTO SUBSCRIBES YOU so make sure you turn off auto renewal after you pay $1 or in 30 days they will get you for $10/mo. But even after you cancel you have that entire first 30 days to do whatever the fuck you want.

Make sure also you are using the same login as your windows 10 store, run the win10 store and click the little people icon to see what account your are logged in there and that its the same one you are buying for $1. If you only play on PC you won't need xbox gold for multiplayer, but if you plan on playing on Xbox you will also need GWG to get MP access, but thats also on a $1 month trial.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Signed up, downloaded, fired it up this morning and...very impressive Microsoft. Very impressive.
impressive.png

• 1Salty

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's just maintenance. Which takes a long time for such a simple game, but it'll be back up in an hour. I also don't get why this thing is 46gb. Fuckin BDO is only 32gb.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
watching summit dick around in this the last week or so has been the best free entertainment ever

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Having fun playing it with some friends. The main issue I see long term is that there is no progression outside of cosmetics. Hard as fuck to hit another ship in cannon battles.

• 1Like

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
watching summit dick around in this the last week or so has been the best free entertainment ever

75k last night watching his gilded Athena heist, and they pulled it off perfectly. Summit's sneak plays have given this game a much needed boost in public perception. Tim and Doc started playing it yesterday, and when The Arena launches its going to really drive numbers.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Yeah. I am looking forward to when they improve this game enough that I want to buy it. It has so many elements I would like to enjoy. Especially with the Utnayan Utnayan team! They would really benefit from some of these elements to make the game more, "fair" and competitive for all levels of play here. I mean this shit is top of my head it wouldn't even be hard.
  • Aiming Spyglass - User can see the trajectory of a cannon on his ship. At best this creates another teamwork aspect where the spyglass guy has to communicate to the canoneer whether or not he will make a hit. A single user will have to move in and out of the canon and spyglass to try and make it work. Give the toggle into the canon and spyglass some 1s delay to give this some disadvantage when compared to an effective team.
  • Allow the ladder onto the ship to be pulled up by the crew. This creates a dynamic where you need to strategically lower it to retrieve teammates and bring the ladder up to deny sneakity sneak shenanigans like summit is using. Now you make it a point to stay on your ship and not jump around in the water all willy nilly.
  • Ammunition Room Upgrade to a ship. This places your ammo box/cannons/health/gunpowder barrels/etc in a room that has a door. By default this door is locked to anyone who is not on your crew. But it has to be manually closed/opened. Creates another dynamic where securing the ammo room when you've been boarded can give you an advantage to prevent the boarders from just spawn killing you with your own ammo, eating your bananas for health and jihading your ship with your own explosives. For fariness sake make this door destroyable if two people are bashing on it effectively. Treasure chests cannot fit in here.
  • Treasure Room upgrade. Similar to Ammunition Room. I feel these should be a one or the other upgrade to a ship.
  • Hookshot type grappling hook. This will make you be able to board a ship if you can get close enough to use it. So you have to strategize in getting your ship close enough to do so. Or teaming up with the cannon guy/aiming spyglass to have a strong boarding shot. Give it the downside of 1. it uses your ammo pool to fire. 2. Long reload time 3. It is very heavy and if you're in the water with it you will sink and drown 4. Let a user, "discard" it to the briny deeps if he is drowning so getting into the water with it isn't an instant death. 5. Takes up an item slot. 6. Modest range. 7. Can't be fired from underwater.
  • Create an item that allows you to knockback enemies off your ship. IDK a gigantic pirate themed leafblower.
  • Create another item that gives a player, "weight" so they can't be knocked back with a leafblower or minor explosions. But move slightly slower because of it.
  • Magical wind grog. Drink it and let out a massive burp that gives you a speed boost in the direction you use it. Dependant on sail positioning. Having a case of wind grog on your ship has idk 5 uses and comes at the cost of some other item. Gives scaredy cat casuals a means of escape if used effectively.
  • Make resupply an element. If you spawn a new.boat you still need to go get resupplied forax.ammo and such. Have a modest amount of ammo baseline. But no health pots..

Because I really. Really want to buy this game. Sky's the god damn limit here man. Make me want it Rare!

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have already begun practicing. I’m hiding on various ships, stealing their shit. Hearing the cries. And this is solo. We need to get a four man galleon with team fuck up. 🍺👍😃 TJT TJT goishen goishen persiansoap persiansoap

And if you have windows 10, gamepass. ;)

Also, I don’t watch streamers much but Summits streams are just so damn hilarious. Last night they dunked the same team 7 times. The one liners where he changes his voice has me rolling.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have already begun practicing. I’m hiding on various ships, stealing their shit. Hearing the cries. And this is solo. We need to get a four man galleon with team fuck up. 🍺👍😃 TJT TJT goishen goishen persiansoap persiansoap

And if you have windows 10, gamepass. ;)

Also, I don’t watch streamers much but Summits streams are just so damn hilarious. Last night they dunked the same team 7 times. The one liners where he changes his voice has me rolling.

I'll go get game pass for a buck and actually try this out if ya want. Say, Thursday?

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'll go get game pass for a buck and actually try this out if ya want. Say, Thursday?

Thursday night would actually work. Around 7 central? This weekend I am out of town - next weekend though I am around for drunk gaming weekend (Perfect time to recruit a crew within this time span) then I am off to San Juan, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and St. Maarten for the next 11 days after. Where I will be a real pirate. I'll definitely get in some practice drinking. (A professional always has to fine tune his game)

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Every time I try to sneak up on someone, they spot my mermaid. I don't know how this doesn't bust him. Mermaids should either only be visible to you or only appear if you call them.

Other features I would like to see. I've watched a couple of the recent dev blogs but beyond what was in those, I am not sure what is in the backlog so maybe many of these have already been discussed:
  • Gang planks. It would be nice if we could deploy a gang plank to the dock if we're parked within a reasonable distance of it.
  • Alliances gamertag colors. Allied players should receive a special text color for their names instead of the default white.
  • Cosmetic options are remembered for the PC, why not for the boat? Is this due to shared cosmetics?
  • Speaking of cosmetic options, they are quite light for boats and a little light for PC clothing given that they're really the only thing you can spend money on.
Questions:
  • Is there any way to drop unwanted maps?
  • Is there a list of major features that we know are coming?
  • We've run four skeleton forts and, so far, they seem to be the best method for making money but I'm wondering if we'll see diminishing returns as they do seem to be getting tougher. Is this the way to go?

• 2Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
By the way. Is there a good way to find boats that have English speaking adults who have mics? I'm a PS4 owner so my Xbox network is limited. Joining and leaving gets old.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
By the way. Is there a good way to find boats that have English speaking adults who have mics? I'm a PS4 owner so my Xbox network is limited. Joining and leaving gets old.

Add utnayan on Xbox. I have a mic :)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Add utnayan on Xbox. I have a mic :)

I'm playing on PC but I've installed it and ready to go. Really can't beat the $1 month gamepass. I'll just cancel it later for the time being.

• 1Like