Secret Invasion

Xevy

Log Wizard
They're kind of flubbing a lot of the smaller points. Like Skrulls turn back into their Skrull form when killed, but in that attack dozens of them were killed and they were supposed to be posing as Russians? Wouldn't they notice the 20+ dead green guys. There's actually dead bodies on the Skrull side at one point and some of them are wearing balaclavas and shit, but they sure ain't green. Seems like a bit of a plot hole if they're trying to imitate human Russian nationalists (?) and they leave behind a bunch of obviously non-human corpses. Maybe they were planning a clean sweep and they were going to take their dead back, but there's no way they could expect that. Also wtf with Fury shooting Gravik like 3 times, surrounded by support, and no one goes "oh? FUCK THIS GUY!" and unloads into Gravik as well. Poor writing.

I am interested to see how high the Skrull impostors go up the chain and where real Rhodes is. I hope Fury finds him and was like, "This motherfucker was blackfacing so hard it made me sick. She (lol) called me brotha at LEAST 4 or 5 times!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Feige said that we will be surprised at how long Rhoades has been a Skrull.

Imagine if it went back to Iron Man 2 and at the end Terrance Howard came back.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Feige said that we will be surprised at how long Rhoades has been a Skrull.

Imagine if it went back to Iron Man 2 and at the end Terrance Howard came back.
wasnt he being healed in Wakanda after Civil War? howd he keep up the shapeshift after he fell and went unconscious?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's a what if. I do not expect that to be reality. The farthest back I think it will be is to right before Falcon and Winter Soldier.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
wasnt he being healed in Wakanda after Civil War? howd he keep up the shapeshift after he fell and went unconscious?
i think that's supposed to be the biggest clue, actually. we see rhodey using mechanical legs to help him walk all the way up to avengers end game, but then in falcon and the winter soldier he doesn't use any and walks fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think that's supposed to be the biggest clue, actually. we see rhodey using mechanical legs to help him walk all the way up to avengers end game, but then in falcon and the winter soldier he doesn't use any and walks fine.
So that's why he is all black power now and forgot his white best friend, Tony? You think Marvel would pull back on something like that to explain the takeover of actual Rhodes?

j00t

So that's why he is all black power now and forgot his white best friend, Tony? You think Marvel would pull back on something like that to explain the takeover of actual Rhodes?
well, no, he's NOT all black power. fury is all black power and sticking with his brotha's, and when he does that with rhodey, he doesn't bite. he's got no black solidarity because he's not actually black.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well, no, he's NOT all black power. fury is all black power and sticking with his brotha's, and when he does that with rhodey, he doesn't bite. he's got no black solidarity because he's not actually black.
I saw a clip of Rhodey talking to Fury about "their kind", I also thought he said something similar to Captain Black America.

j00t

I saw a clip of Rhodey talking to Fury about "their kind", I also thought he said something similar to Captain Black America.
i remember next to nothing about falcon and winter soldier, so i can't comment on that, but in this show, fury tries a few times to pull the solidarity card with rhodey and he flat out rejects him. in... episode 2? i think? fury is like, "people that look like you and me don't get promoted because of who their daddies are, we had to wrestle power from mediocre white men." and rhodey says "we didn't wrestle power from mediocre men who don't look like us just to give it to mediocre men who do."

honestly if you take that scene out of context, i really appreciate what rhodey is saying here. the idea that skin color being the be all, end all is absolutely not on his radar. except, the whole scene is setup to make us think that rhodey is a skrull because he's not being nice to a) the protagonist of the show (for all the people who don't care about skin color) and b) the other black guy (for all the people who do care about skin color)

heh. i think it's funny i just refered to sam jackson as "the other black guy"

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i remember next to nothing about falcon and winter soldier, so i can't comment on that, but in this show, fury tries a few times to pull the solidarity card with rhodey and he flat out rejects him. in... episode 2? i think? fury is like, "people that look like you and me don't get promoted because of who their daddies are, we had to wrestle power from mediocre white men." and rhodey says "we didn't wrestle power from mediocre men who don't look like us just to give it to mediocre men who do."

honestly if you take that scene out of context, i really appreciate what rhodey is saying here. the idea that skin color being the be all, end all is absolutely not on his radar. except, the whole scene is setup to make us think that rhodey is a skrull because he's not being nice to a) the protagonist of the show (for all the people who don't care about skin color) and b) the other black guy (for all the people who do care about skin color)

heh. i think it's funny i just refered to sam jackson as "the other black guy"
alright, i thought i had that conversation reversed. but that sounds right. why did they make Fury all about black power then? his entire team was white and they saved the fucking world several times. he should be chill out on that shit. he shouldnt even be thinking like that, especially since Cap Marvel was what caused him to create the avengers initiative. unless they changed it again.

j00t

alright, i thought i had that conversation reversed. but that sounds right. why did they make Fury all about black power then? his entire team was white and they saved the fucking world several times. he should be chill out on that shit. he shouldnt even be thinking like that, especially since Cap Marvel was what caused him to create the avengers initiative. unless they changed it again.
because todays writers only know caricatures. there's no such thing as nuance, even in real life. people are only one thing. if your gay, you're entire identity is about being gay. if your black, your entire identity is that.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
plus, as mentioned in multiple different movies/shows so far, rhodes called him nick. that alone is a gigantic red flag that dates back to the 1980's for the character. pretty sure it got mentioned again in this latest episode. i have to imagine fury has known rhodes was a skrull the whole time and working with real rhodes off screen. it can still end up going somewhere interesting but eh yeah, post-Endgame marvel has not earned that trust.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Any mistake like that seems like a plot hole. This is a skrull who has been entrusted with almost the highest position in the entire world. As we've been shown, skrulls can read the thoughts of a person to know every detail of their life. Why would an elite skrull make such a rookie mistake?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The issue with the marvel shows is how small scale everything seems, from plots to set pieces. 24 did much better attacks on non presidential motorcades 20 years ago. Even the tactics of the defenders/attackers felt lame with people getting picked off randomly

Juvarisx

Florida

Rhodes was not in Wakanda after Civil War, he was back in the US somewhere with the leg tech Stark made for him trying to rehabilitate, when they had the "Tony Stank" cameo from Stan Lee. Winter Solider was shipped to Wakanda after Civil War to get rid of the Hydra conditioning in his brain.

My guess is that its the leg tech clue that j00t mentions and it happens between Endgame and FaWS

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Any mistake like that seems like a plot hole. This is a skrull who has been entrusted with almost the highest position in the entire world. As we've been shown, skrulls can read the thoughts of a person to know every detail of their life. Why would an elite skrull make such a rookie mistake?
They may not have Rhodes. They may be purely faking it or had him briefly but lost him.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
comic secret invasion was reconned to have been going on for a long time, since before house of m (no more mutants), so mcu secret invasion could have been going on well before the snap

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
oh and what's the deal with War Machine suit. Wouldn't it look pretty sus to have an Avenger just sitting inside his car whilst the rest of the motorcade goes to fight

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
oh and what's the deal with War Machine suit. Wouldn't it look pretty sus to have an Avenger just sitting inside his car whilst the rest of the motorcade goes to fight
I don't think Rhoadie ever get a nanotech suit like Stark had.

• 1Like