Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

nu_11

Just smash the Steam controller before ever using it - one of my few regret purchases. The track pad instead of a stick is its biggest flaw, that fucking thing is useless.

Virtually every other controller in the fucking world has dual analog stick. God forbid there's a choice of other options. Stop being retarded. If it's not for you then move along.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Goddammit, I want to buy this but given my track record with souls games I will wait for a sale.

To my shame I have never completed a souls game, I always play for 10-15 hours, fail to git gud, then get distracted by something else and never return.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Virtually every other controller in the fucking world has dual analog stick. God forbid there's a choice of other options. Stop being retarded. If it's not for you then move along.

Steam controller is an abomination.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Goddammit, I want to buy this but given my track record with souls games I will wait for a sale.

To my shame I have never completed a souls game, I always play for 10-15 hours, fail to git gud, then get distracted by something else and never return.
I'm really interested in how many people here are in for a rude awakening lol

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just want to know if its good before I purchase. Souls series is my all time favorite RPG series. But this sounds quite a bit different and I have tried to avoid most information as I don't want to be spoiled.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just want to know if its good before I purchase. Souls series is my all time favorite RPG series. But this sounds quite a bit different and I have tried to avoid most information as I don't want to be spoiled.
Look at what you wrote and then atone for your sins

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I’m watching a stream of it, . No idea how much further he is allowed to play before he either has to restart or shut it off.

Fedor

<Banned>
another miniboss fight that shows the importance of parrying vs trying to do hp damage

also when you counter (not parry) a red kanji attack you do massive posture damage

this miniboss has also been seen in the trailers already

Fedor

<Banned>
people were dumb enough to think this boss from the launch trailer was the final boss but it turns out he's an early boss:

full fight video:

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
People are saying that people are saying that it’s harder than darksouls and bloodborne. Yes, people are saying that people are saying.

I am still pretty torn on this, I’ve kind of found my skill wall with Nioh where I have to use a little cheese to win against some bosses and am not sure I want another smashing my dick in a door experience that both darksouls 1 and bloodborne gave me. (Though I did beat both and almost platinumed bloodborne)

Fedor

<Banned>
also I've looked at the trophy list and at least 2/3 of the "bosses" shown in all the trailers and gameplay footage so far are just minibosses

those minibosses would definitely be considered full blown bosses in other from games

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The difficulty is likely due to the play style having to be different and forced for some bosses.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Steam controller is the bombest PC interface device. The track pads are incredible if you scale them to hand size. For single player FPS couch gaming it blows the fuck out of dual analog sticks. I have played X-Com, Saint's Row Style, Wolfenstein. For a casual feet up Mouse-light/Controller hybrid experience there is nothing better. You can use it to browse the web, control netflix, change music.

The grip is tilted, and that is the largest barrier to initial entry, And you have to adjust the pads like you would a mouse on any PC game. Tilting the angle to match the way your thumb moves across the pad most naturally from left to right is the single biggest tweak. Toss in the ability to macro, turbo button, edge pan, and just straight clone a button. Thing is a beast. It can be used on games with PC only interfaces. Like Dungeon of the Endless.

I had a first gen that had a design problem and they had me mail it to Seattle when I bug reported. I used the replacement until last fall when I finally had a shoulder button break. And then I had some guild buddies mail me their dust collecting versions.

I would 100% agree there is a learning curve, I put mine down for 6 months before I tried again. If you aren't willing to learn how to customize it, it certainly is a worse device. I hope they make it better, and keep it in production. I'm going to be bummed if it ever dies. So in summary you are a pussy if you haven't tried to customize it and bitched.

• 2Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Been playing Bloodborne and get my parry/riposte skills back too par(Well as much as I can, with a couple hours.)

• 2Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
another miniboss fight that shows the importance of parrying vs trying to do hp damage

also when you counter (not parry) a red kanji attack you do massive posture damage

this miniboss has also been seen in the trailers already

Fuck that voldo looking mother fucker lol

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
My streamer is already uploading his let's play, and he thinks the parry window has been expanded a bit since the demo they did in New York. I have to say the story is pretty cool, but it is completely new for From. It has an actual narrative with dialogue and everything (with your main character).

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Kind of infuriating total let's plays of the full game will be out before the game is even released.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

In other words folks, use your steam controller first. It’s more expendable than John Rambos dick. And from an economic point, it’s better to smash this first over your more important and quality controllers such as a dual shock or Elite.

Brings up a solid point: start this game with your shit controllers first. Move up to the more expensive ones as you go along. Also space out your replacement controller purchase from Amazon. For example, purchase a replacement for next day air, another one for two day free shipping on prime, and another on ground all on the same day. This way it spaces out the replacements economically and you should have a new controller arriving just around the same time you destroy that steam controller within the first half hour of the game.

If you have an OLED... bubble wrap that fucker.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf