Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kind of infuriating total let's plays of the full game will be out before the game is even released.

I think they were limited to only the first couple hours which is the area they have showed in all the previews and such because he stops at just 4 parts in (about 2 hours).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Steam controller is the bombest PC interface device. The track pads are incredible if you scale them to hand size. For single player FPS couch gaming it blows the fuck out of dual analog sticks. I have played X-Com, Saint's Row Style, Wolfenstein. For a casual feet up Mouse-light/Controller hybrid experience there is nothing better. You can use it to browse the web, control netflix, change music.

The grip is tilted, and that is the largest barrier to initial entry, And you have to adjust the pads like you would a mouse on any PC game. Tilting the angle to match the way your thumb moves across the pad most naturally from left to right is the single biggest tweak. Toss in the ability to macro, turbo button, edge pan, and just straight clone a button. Thing is a beast. It can be used on games with PC only interfaces. Like Dungeon of the Endless.

I had a first gen that had a design problem and they had me mail it to Seattle when I bug reported. I used the replacement until last fall when I finally had a shoulder button break. And then I had some guild buddies mail me their dust collecting versions.

I would 100% agree there is a learning curve, I put mine down for 6 months before I tried again. If you aren't willing to learn how to customize it, it certainly is a worse device. I hope they make it better, and keep it in production. I'm going to be bummed if it ever dies. So in summary you are a pussy if you haven't tried to customize it and bitched.
I desperately wanted to like my Steam controller. After reading this, I'm going to putz with it again this weekend(unlikely with Sekiro). I refuse to be called a pussy!!!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I would rather play with this than a Steam Controller.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 8 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Fuck that voldo looking mother fucker lol
Makes me remember "does that hit high or fucking low?! Wtf?!" Whenever I had to fight someone good with him.

Crouching overhead attack lol, like really.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I am knee deep in Division 2 - and my backlog is retarded. I have a serious problem with buying new Shiny's. I am contemplating waiting a bit. Or, the alternative, buying this and when I feel like breaking something within an hour, I go back to division 2 and destroy the Sons of DC.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm picking this up tonight, i'm loving div 2 as well but i get a bit stressed out after an hour or so and have to quit so very slow progression.

This is getting high reviews so far, 90% range or so. I'm playing Div2 on xbox but gonna play sekiro on PS4, just feels more right.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Dammit From, get your shit together. How the frame pacing thing is still a thing sucks. I was dead set on PS4 Pro but am strongly considering PC now. Someone who asked earlier I never got around to saying it, but pacing issues annoy me infinitely more than FPS drops.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Steam controller is the bombest PC interface device.

The main problem is they partially violate people's instinctive idea of how controllers should work, and it's not always obvious what the best configuration is for your use case. There are so many options it's a fair amount of work to configure one properly.

Once you "get it", however, they're fucking great. I'd play anything short of a full-twitch competitive shooter with one. It's a shame they didn't get more traction.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still find MS (and now Nintendo too) swapping of stick/pad to be an unworkable abomination. No amount of configuration is ever going to make my Steam controller more useful than a paperweight.

Really torn on whether or not to get this. Not quite done with current Division 2 content, still have DMC5 and Far Cry New Dawn sitting on my shelf, and well... I fucking hated Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2, which this still seems to have a lot more in common with than, say, Bloodborne. And yet I'm still thinking about buying it when I go out for groceries in a few minutes, since there's a Gamestop right there.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I still find MS (and now Nintendo too) swapping of stick/pad to be an unworkable abomination.

I set up the steam controller pad as a modified trackball input and use it instead of the stick. Once you get used to that it's more precise and less work for your thumbs.

Obviously that's a personal preference thing and YMMV.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've read this unlocks at 12 am EST but nothing that seems confirmed.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if i wanna pick up a PS4 version where is my best bet to to get one that will sell to me earliest?

Does Gamestop still do midnight release?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So if i wanna pick up a PS4 version where is my best bet to to get one that will sell to me earliest?

Does Gamestop still do midnight release?
Gamestop usually gives you your preorder at closing time, 9pm here.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
hidden enemy from the previous demos that you've probably seen before

• 1Like