Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Was playing Division 2. It's 1.30am now, figured I'd go to bed. Looked at this thread, saw that the Steam counter had changed. Checked now and it is available. Installing now. Going to be tired at work tomorrow!

I still see it as locked. I'm in Texas. What the fuck?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I thought you meant you called out next Monday/Tuesday...that would have been the smart thing to do my friend.

Maybe come Monday he will have what his kid had. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

I don't have to go to work tomorrow if I don't want because I make my own hours. FeelsGoodMan

I have to write my dissertation because I'm a PhD candidate. FeelsBadMan

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
7110CF3F-306A-4DC5-A214-2A2DABFB059C.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Put about 90 minutes into the game. Excellent, as expected! No more until tomorrow night for me!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How similar is this supposed to be to Dark Souls? I really enjoyed #1, #2 took me a while to get through because I was just getting tired of the "learn enemy moves by dying over and over, then move onto the next enemy" gameplay loop. I quit #3 about halfway through, not even being stuck at a hard part, just getting past some boss, moving to a new area and just being tired of the same kind of gameplay loop.

• 1Salty

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How similar is this supposed to be to Dark Souls? I really enjoyed #1, #2 took me a while to get through because I was just getting tired of the "learn enemy moves by dying over and over, then move onto the next enemy" gameplay loop. I quit #3 about halfway through, not even being stuck at a hard part, just getting past some boss, moving to a new area and just being tired of the same kind of gameplay loop.
The learning every move to succeed is even more pronounced in this game due to the Posture mechanic, so you have to learn which moves you can Parry while also learning how to react properly to the moves you cannot parry/block. This game does add a nice stealth mechanic and story to keep you interested, with the added bonus that the more you die and resurrect (you don't need to resurrect though), the bad more shit happens to the npcs you've come in contact with.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got it at 9pm at GS and been playing for the past couple hours or so.

It looks very nice on the ps pro with higher resolution. Personally i think the unlocked framerate might be preferable to locked 30 since your getting the frame pacing issues regardless, The game certainly feels like it registers your actions much faster then on games like BB. I think for most people your going to be pretty content with how it plays on the pro/x at least.

The combat at it's best so far can give you that adrenaline rush i often found myself experiencing from BB but was usually absent from DS games. However it's gonna take time getting used to. At times i can land 10 deflects in a row effortlessly, then fuck up the next swipe the enemy takes at you. At times it feels like you can deflect virtually whilst attacking. The Red Kanji system.. is also going to take a lot of attention as you have to also note if it's a sweeping attack or thrust whenever you see it and react appropriately. I actually found it easier and more natural to use jump as my second avoidance move. Deflect is usually the best it seems to me.

I don't really love the stealth mechanics... I guess they can be fun and flow into the gameplay in some areas but i don't really like the idea of picking off guys with stealth/hiding/repeat as a core mechanic of the game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Played an hour. This game is the shit!

• 1Solidarity

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
2 boss's down the hitboxes are insane, I would call it more twitchy then BB, but it's been done in a good way, just amazing. Also play with the Japanese voices, the English ones are very *barf* And I'm still trying too figure out these Perilous Strike parry's , 1-shotted the first mini-boss just messing around with it, and holy shit the death animation was nuts.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
4 hours in, 5 prayer beads, first memory gained. I have died like 15 times though
mostly on butterfly boss. She is a tough one. Strat is be super aggressive and use shurikens to knock her out of the air. Swing three times, dodge for the hit, jump kick when she attacks from the ground, otherwise always knock her down mid flip.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The purple ninja can go fuck himself lol. I give up on him for now, sick damage and he regens poise like no other.

Boy does dying on a miniboss suck, clearing trash gets old after the first time.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The purple ninja can go fuck himself lol. I give up on him for now, sick damage and he regens poise like no other.

Boy does dying on a miniboss suck, clearing trash gets old after the first time.
You can skip all the trash on the way back to the one-armed super ninja, just look up to the left from your respawn and you'll see a grapple, from there just jump into the water and swim to the tree branch.