Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
question on Rat Hunting....
So this is a pretty easy quest, however, he gives you a list of multiple locations for the rats. Is it feasible to think the reward you get would be different if you manage to kill them in all locations without dying and then return to him?

Doubt it, but don't take his blood if you want to finish his quest line.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
question on Rat Hunting....
So this is a pretty easy quest, however, he gives you a list of multiple locations for the rats. Is it feasible to think the reward you get would be different if you manage to kill them in all locations without dying and then return to him?

No, I only say this because he made his request and then I talked to him immediately after and he gave me the reward as I had already completed the quest.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm still super early in the game. Just past the Horse guy, but where are some good xp farming spots? So many skills I want.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't played much at all. The widescreen fix isn't perfect which was bugging me. Finally got to the point I switched to PS4 last night. Doesn't play as smooth but at least the graphics aren't bugging me.

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm still super early in the game. Just past the Horse guy, but where are some good xp farming spots? So many skills I want.

I usually go on a wild rampage running around in Hirata Estate starting from the bamboo idol. I grappling hook up to the left real quick and then dive into the water, swim over to the hidden purple ninja spot, and cheese him first for a solid 300+ skill points. If you don't know the cheese, you aggro him, then jump off the cliff into the water. Swim back past the bridge until the music stops, then go back real quick. When you get back up top lay low and sneak up to backstab him for an easy kill. This may not work perfectly at first, but do it a few times and it becomes natural. Then leap down past the shrine and slaughter all over the archers for easy kills.

I usually just go wild all over everything towards the beginning from there. Once you get the hang of it, you just go nuts and accumulate a bunch of coins/SP. Plus its stupid fun.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Ashina outskirts for early game, lots of easy backstabs. Hachima estates has an easy loop as well at second shrine. Later on though the fog forest and whistle rocks as you can just loop it blowing the whistle in zero danger. Enemies respawn without resting too.

Really though you should only grind to get that skill meter full then try to progress/kill a boss. NEVER fight a boss/go into new area with a bar above half.

Fedor

<Banned>

this video is exactly where you're at

the guy in the video wastes some time at 0:55 though, he could have gotten back to the idol by simply going straight and jumping off

edit: not sure if it's because I had the sound suppression skills by this point but I didn't need to sneak up behind these guys to backstab them

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It's harder, but also completely different gameplay

as in requires you to be faster?

i managed to finish DS1 being drunk while playing it, just wondering if that's an option for this game

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
as in requires you to be faster?

i managed to finish DS1 being drunk while playing it, just wondering if that's an option for this game
Not just faster, but you can't just dodge for instance. You need to employ several different defensive movesets to be able to be successful.

It'd be like if to beat dark souls you needed to block, dodge, and parry in every fight or else you'd never win.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Just a heads up:

Humble Bundle is doing 10% off Sekiro for PC right now if anyone is interested. They also have a Bandai/Namco sale going on currently: most of the Dark Souls titles are 70% or more off.

FYI on this, it is only $10 off if you subscribe to their monthly service.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Not just faster, but you can't just dodge for instance. You need to employ several different defensive movesets to be able to be successful.

It'd be like if to beat dark souls you needed to block, dodge, and parry in every fight or else you'd never win.

Thanks, I never did learn to parry properly in DS.

Will probably still give it a shot, being persistent while drunk has gotten me a long ways in life.

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

Thanks, I never did learn to parry properly in DS.

Will probably still give it a shot, being persistent while drunk has gotten me a long ways in life.

In terms of timing windows, Sekiro parries are like Dark Souls dodges, and Sekiro dodges are like Dark Souls parries.

Fedor

<Banned>
D2a2KMnVYAE8gfH.jpg:large

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users