Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So been running with the demon bell on, pretty sure it adds ethereal bosses like the dude beyond the abandoned cave in the elevator room.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
so i'm playing as is my kid (13 years old) and we have VERY different play styles. Note that he has played and beaten most of the From Software games as well and loves them all.
but his play style here is literally to run head first into battles, like a speed run, he is killing shit relentlessly and .... succeeding! it agitates the fuck out of me as i hide, scout, aniticipate, calculate and die a fuck ton.
Last night, he killed like 40% of the castle and then just flew past it into another area, ran around loot hunting and killing non stop...he never stopping for more than 5 seconds at a time to maybe look around.... got to some gorge, some caves, killed some boss he accidentally ran into on his first try in the room (some weird creature with wolverine claws) then kept going like it was nothing... found a gourd seed, 2 prayer beads and eventually at 11pm when i told him to go to bed.. he had 9 exp points to spend.... wtf
i was so demoralized by this, i just watched TV instead of playing last night lol
As has been said, your sons playstyle is the best playstyle to succeed at this game. Stealth is great to mix in too though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
As has been said, your sons playstyle is the best playstyle to succeed at this game. Stealth is great to mix in too though.
The blood fog is great too, can backstab multiple dudes. Great against the big guys you sometimes can't sneak up on. Especially in that village...oh that village. That is some fuckery.

xzi

Mouthbreather
maods07u8ao21.jpg

• 2Worf

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I may go nuts and just run around like a mad man for a bit to try this method out, sesems to go against From Software gameplay style, but it seems to have rewards.... we shall see.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man I really want to love this game but just don't for whatever reason. It's partly the difficulty, but mostly I think its the RPG/Weapons/etc aspect of what made the other games great for me. I remember getting uchigata in DS1 and building a character strictly around that playstyle, only to completely change it later when I got a great scythe (for me still the best weapon in the game). Same with Bloodborne (that, and the setting was the greatest in video game history).

Something with this game just isn't really clicking for me, and frankly, I enjoyed Nioh more. I'll finish this, but really hope they are working on another Bloodborne or Dark Souls.

• 2Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
I kind of felt the same about not having the wide variety of weapons to choose from, but the proshetic and the skills themselves kind of filled that gap for me at least

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am having a great time but God of War is still the best action game out there, it is so fucking good. Going to dive back into bloodborne soon I wonder if it will feel slow as fuck.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Making decent progress in this, about 2-3 hours played and I’ve got the shuriken / flame vent / axe prosthetics and have killed the General guy (backstab cheesed an orb from him but was under leveled so felt alright lol), the Shinobi hunter spear guy and have unlocked the path to Drunkard. Game is definitely, absolutely hard as fuck. I’ve been reading everything and practicing patience and not playin this with Soulsborne in mind and it pays off, I’ve really only died on bosses or mini bosses with the only exception to getting swarmed trying to run past shit and falling to my death etc.

It feels like this game just winds on and on, it’s less clear where to go and where I’ve been once you just keep killing and moving - I’ve tried to explore every single nook and cranny but it’s impossible to feel like I’m not missing something, somewhere. I think I’ve done decently so far as I have a good amount of items and things, but definitely going to have to decide wether to play this game slowly step by step or just fly through and kill and find stuff later or on another play through.

Kind of overwhelming at first but unlocking more skills and combat arts etc is a welcome change of pace once you’re comfortable with all the basics, and start to hunger for more options and things to do.

Loving it so far, absolutely fucking gorgeous and definitely maintains a pretty heavy handed Souls like feel. I desperately wish this game did include the RPG elements, but oh well. Pretty much every other facet of classic Souls style games is present, and introduces some other interesting ones. Grappling hook and jumping is well done and lots of fun, leads to interesting gameplay as well.

Fuck this game is hard.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Up to the Ashina Elite, definitely getting much better. Fucking laughed so hard when I got hit by one of those flying bird guys that yell and swoop in on the castle roof tops

• 2Worf

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Making decent progress in this, about 2-3 hours played and I’ve got the shuriken / flame vent / axe prosthetics and have killed the General guy (backstab cheesed an orb from him but was under leveled so felt alright lol), the Shinobi hunter spear guy and have unlocked the path to Drunkard. Game is definitely, absolutely hard as fuck. I’ve been reading everything and practicing patience and not playin this with Soulsborne in mind and it pays off, I’ve really only died on bosses or mini bosses with the only exception to getting swarmed trying to run past shit and falling to my death etc.

It feels like this game just winds on and on, it’s less clear where to go and where I’ve been once you just keep killing and moving - I’ve tried to explore every single nook and cranny but it’s impossible to feel like I’m not missing something, somewhere. I think I’ve done decently so far as I have a good amount of items and things, but definitely going to have to decide wether to play this game slowly step by step or just fly through and kill and find stuff later or on another play through.

Kind of overwhelming at first but unlocking more skills and combat arts etc is a welcome change of pace once you’re comfortable with all the basics, and start to hunger for more options and things to do.

Loving it so far, absolutely fucking gorgeous and definitely maintains a pretty heavy handed Souls like feel. I desperately wish this game did include the RPG elements, but oh well. Pretty much every other facet of classic Souls style games is present, and introduces some other interesting ones. Grappling hook and jumping is well done and lots of fun, leads to interesting gameplay as well.

Fuck this game is hard.

Ohh believe me your missing tons already, I wouldn't really worry about it till you get certain abilities, they all come from boss's that have to die on the way thru the game, for whatever ending you are trying to achieve.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Just bought the game and the learning curve is incredibly steep. I think even steeper than Bloodborne. Easy to get lost in this game. Parries in Bloodborne were no where near as tough as the parries in Sekiro. Does anyone have tips on the deathblow parry's?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Surprisingly one shotted lady butterfly, was a little sketch the last 1/3rd of her poise because I ran out of shurikens, but she wasn’t too bad. Ran around and killed a bunch of the mini bosses after that, none were too bad but fuck the gun fort, so many bullets flying.

The boss right after that was pretty cool though, the centipede giraffe or some shit like that. Super easy boss really, but if you panic he will rape you faster than Cosby with a pack of Quaaludes

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just bought the game and the learning curve is incredibly steep. I think even steeper than Bloodborne. Easy to get lost in this game. Parries in Bloodborne were no where near as tough as the parries in Sekiro. Does anyone have tips on the deathblow parry's?
Honestly I find parries in BB to be harder, but it’s pretty much optional in that game. I think it just being required is what makes it seem harder

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user