Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

italica

Trakanon Raider
I'm still super early in the game. Just past the Horse guy, but where are some good xp farming spots? So many skills I want.

Right after him, this is more or less what I did for a few skill points. I'd go stealth kill some of the other guys in that area to mix it up and not get quite so bored though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Finally killed butterfly lady and the game is starting to actually get enjoyable.

They probably should have ramped the difficulty up more slowly. i would have quit if I wasn't a stubborn asshole who can't stand to let a game beat me. Or maybe that's the crowd they were aiming for, who knows

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whidon Whidon in order of most used, Axe/thrust spear, flame blast, delayed whistle, gouging shuriken(fuck you ashina castle rooftops) firecracker.

Issue is they are all situational, sometimes firecrackers are the tits. For all trash mob area delayed whistle is the best. You can also cheese areas with animals for free XP. All bosses the spear and axe do a ton of posture dmg but risky if used poorly.

What do you use Spear for? i feel like the Axe does more posture damage with about the same range.. I have yet to see much use for the spear but i just got the first upgrade for it so maybe that will help. Granted i have like over 400 spirit emblems banked by virtue of simply almost never using them so it's not like i have much experience with any save a bit Shuriken/axe.

What combat arts do you use? I find myself recently using the Ashina strike thing (fist one you get in that tree) as it seems like it nearly does the same as axe but also does good vit dmg and heals posture. But i like the Nightjar as it closes distance better and whirlwind seems good also for use after dodges.

question on Rat Hunting....
So this is a pretty easy quest, however, he gives you a list of multiple locations for the rats. Is it feasible to think the reward you get would be different if you manage to kill them in all locations without dying and then return to him?

I don't think so. I didn't pay attention to what was needed for this and just randomly returned to him around the time i was on the Ashina castle rooftops and got it done. The reward is a new skill tree thats pretty awesome.. Some of the stuff is like passive more posture dmg done via deflects, Passive: more posture dmg done by all sources in the few seconds after a deflect, Passive: less posture damage taken by swords. And those are just the easy ones I've grabbed along with a combat art for like 7 SP total

I would turn that quest in super fast as those passive are super good for the Ashina Elite and Genichiro fight in the castle.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The game really amp's everything up in NG+ more fun though, guess I shouldn't have rushed thru on my first play thru.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Stealth should always be on and only click if you don't want it. Bugs the crap out of me it takes you out of stealth by just moving out a of room to outdoors.

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I chose to go Temple Arts on my first playthrough. Judging by that video guide posted earlier, Ashina Arts are better.

Temple Arts styles are long winded attacks that leave you vulnerable and do less damage because they go through guard.

xzi

Mouthbreather
When using the Mikiri counter on the last castle boss, why sometimes do I just fucking lunge around him instead and fucking eat it?

I'm not holding the left thumbstick in any direction but forward, should I not be even touching it?

It's like 50% of the time it works and I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
When using the Mikiri counter on the last castle boss, why sometimes do I just fucking lunge around him instead and fucking eat it?

I'm not holding the left thumbstick in any direction but forward, should I not be even touching it?

It's like 50% of the time it works and I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong

I do that too and found rather than mikiri in to it, I hang back and anticipate a deflection then mikiri if it pops. Like half a second difference but made a big change in my success.

Speaking of, got in a big groove after that boss fight and unlocked the graveyard, sewers, and some other idol and am now completely lost because I was just running around murderlating everything. Need to slow down and find a path.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Apparently you ARE supposed to dash forward towards them. Whatever, I guess. I beat that motherfucker after like 6 hours. Pretty sure I could have just done more mini bosses and then went back to him but we SUFFER

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Been playing since last night, it’s fun but it definitely is no dark souls or bloodborne. Have been cruising until I hit my first roadblock, the General ginichiro guy. Dont think I had to fight each boss more than a couple of times before this, three attempts and haven’t even gotten his first bar down. Guess I better finish exploring the castle area and Hachima

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Great execution poor result

Shitty way to handle that. Was pretty cool in Demons Souls how if you managed to beat the first boss you moved on to the Dragon God before your guaranteed death.

Making a boss fight you can win just to lose in a cut scene is bad design

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Finally got LB down. Getting the posture passives and having the additional attack and health from doing horse guy and bull made her so easy

• 1Solidarity

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I beat her tonight as well; the video where the guy basically stunlocks her? Yeah... none of that shit was even remotely possible in my game. She spent half her time in the air (shurikens ftw) but every "break" lead to her jumping upwards and my counter whiffing. That stunlock shit works when it... works, I guess, but it most definitely isn't 100% of the time.
That said, it's the right way to fight her, but the permutations of her moveset when you are trying to force her to melee you can be f'n brutal. Especially when she blows up the illusions and there's -still- 4-5 with swords/spears running around after she goes ham. Good luck trying to sneak in any damage until you deal with that stuff, or expect to get tapped from the ass while she's doing something stupid like that cleave attack and you eat it hard.

I had... 2 necklaces done when I finally killed her. Been exploring since I can actually kill shit sorta now (two shinobi kills) without having to spend all my time trying to deflect/mikari counter. The gun fortress run was pretty intense, and of course I fought the gun miniboss without thinking about it and got sniped from both the hills and him. Good times.

Fedor

<Banned>
but every "break" lead to her jumping upwards and my counter whiffing.

You're supposed to bait her attack by attacking her first a few times to put her on the defensive and then doing the dodge counterattack when she attempts a regular attack. You can't simply do a dodge counterattack when she's standing out there in the open.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah, I was doing that. Instead of attacking me with one of the normal melee attacks, she would just jump up. Absolutely nothing like the video that was linked earlier of the guy stunlocking her. I mean I know that video was cherry-picked to show the concept, but my experience was vastly different. The attacks worked, the rare occasion she actually tried to melee me (on the winning attempt) but it was nowhere near as simplistic as the video showed.

Not to mention, a solid 30-40% of her melee attacks she did make tracked, so I would hit the block, she would melee, I would press O (no motion) and I would start to swing around, and she'd hit me with one of her flurry pretty much every time before I could actually complete my swing. Just pointing out that yeah, that's the correct strategy, but it is 100% nowhere near as easy as the video of the guy stunlocking her effectively made it out.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so i'm playing as is my kid (13 years old) and we have VERY different play styles. Note that he has played and beaten most of the From Software games as well and loves them all.
but his play style here is literally to run head first into battles, like a speed run, he is killing shit relentlessly and .... succeeding! it agitates the fuck out of me as i hide, scout, aniticipate, calculate and die a fuck ton.
Last night, he killed like 40% of the castle and then just flew past it into another area, ran around loot hunting and killing non stop...he never stopping for more than 5 seconds at a time to maybe look around.... got to some gorge, some caves, killed some boss he accidentally ran into on his first try in the room (some weird creature with wolverine claws) then kept going like it was nothing... found a gourd seed, 2 prayer beads and eventually at 11pm when i told him to go to bed.. he had 9 exp points to spend.... wtf
i was so demoralized by this, i just watched TV instead of playing last night lol

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
94hc4e0ogco21.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users