Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Aside from Fountainhead Palace, is there any place that's good for grinding Sen and skill points? Fountainhead gives about 500/kill and I can kill about 10 enemies pretty quickly. Hoping to find a better place, though I am going to assume it is doubtful.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Actually, at that one save spot before the broken bridge (I forget the name) in the Palace, I just turned around and killed the three guys behind me. The two flute guys + the spear dude. The two flutes = 500 each and that spearman is 1k, takes less than a minute and you get almost every type of upgrade ingredient.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just rampage them. You can use the poison blade, it works great on those guys. Basically you can one-shot the flute-players and then bum-rush the spearman with a jump attack, follow through with the poison blade until she spits it up. Then hammer it home.

Fedor

<Banned>
D2dRFbJVAAE1yyy.jpg:large

JVtzbEC.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Distortion with a 27 minute speedrun. The skips now include a first boss skip.and ape skip

Speedrunners are going to be bored and done with that game before the first real patch comes out. No hit runs have already been done, and there is not really a lot of options for entertaining speedruns. It will be cool to see at GDQ and if The Happy Hob adds it the God Run (demon souls, dark souls 1 - 3, bloodborne without getting hit).

This game isn’t bad for ng+ running if you just have a little ocd about collecting things or endings, you can get through it relatively quickly.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I agree. I love dark souls runs but this game is not fun to watch speed runs

I saw Ella doing an all memories/all beads run but haven't watched it since I want to beat the game before watching full speed runs. Is that not fun to watch?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's ok but it's really long and not really an efficient run. Also requires

ng+ to do it

It was more him playing very quickly but not really speedrunning a route

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I love watching Dist, Ela, Qtt, Sanzo etc. speedrun the Soulsborne games but I find the Sekiro speedruns really underwhelming. There's too much content skipped or not engaged and nothing really interesting happens for a long time during the run. I understand that is the point but it feels really different than running the other From games; there's little tension to the whole process and it feels very programmatic. Too bad because good speedrunning really extends the life of the game. Maybe an All/All run with all bossess and minibosses will be more interesting but I'm not sure the game has the legs to support investing in such a run.

Still, always impressed with how they fight some of the bosses straight-up. It's like being in a different universe of gamer.

After a trip to Mexico I beat Guardian Ape and Monk without too much problem. On to the last act...

• 1Solidarity

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
So, I've beaten every boss on the "Return" ending minus the two final bosses EXCLUDING that Lone Swordsman at Serpent Shrine. I cannot remember how to get back to that idol and it is incredibly fucking annoying. I'm at 2/4 Prayer Beads, so, I'm not really sure where the remaining two are (assuming Swordsman? and Isshin?). Frustrating shit, hah.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So, I've beaten every boss on the "Return" ending minus the two final bosses EXCLUDING that Lone Swordsman at Serpent Shrine. I cannot remember how to get back to that idol and it is incredibly fucking annoying. I'm at 2/4 Prayer Beads, so, I'm not really sure where the remaining two are (assuming Swordsman? and Isshin?). Frustrating shit, hah.

Talking about Lone Shadow Swordsman? Ashina Reservoir Shrine will get you there, down the steps if I remember correctly.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I am not sure how to get there post invasion. A fire is blocking one route. So I only have two routes - back to the main stairway idol and the other is towards the secret door for final boss.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am not sure how to get there post invasion. A fire is blocking one route. So I only have two routes - back to the main stairway idol and the other is towards the secret door for final boss.

Out the window of Kuros room, only one is left open now. In the Library I think.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It looks like the guy appears in Hirata Estate where Owl was. Looks like I missed one Headless in Fountainhead Palace.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Nevermind. Looks like I've missed killing him. He doesn't appear where the Owl was...guess that's only after the Purification ending. Guess I can't get all prayer beads. Lame, lol.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Once I built my new pc, I finally got to sit down and actually focus on this a bit the past day or two. Went from the horse riding boss dude all the way to Ashihino (sp?) on top of the castle where I'm at now. Also just found a monastery, an abandoned dungeon and there's some guy in a hole in the ground I'm working on beating too.

• 1Like