Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No armor options though? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No rpg elements? I’m out.

The lack of FashionBorneSouls is pretty bad to me. Collecting items and tools a la Zelda seems to be the route this is going. How would this handle NG+ and whatnot if you can't do more damage? Enemies just get more health?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The lack of FashionBorneSouls is pretty bad to me. Collecting items and tools a la Zelda seems to be the route this is going. How would this handle NG+ and whatnot if you can't do more damage? Enemies just get more health?

I have no idea how they do NG+ They claim there are still levels in a way it's just you won't be buying stat points but you invest into a talent tree-esque system where there are three different sections that pertain to a play style. This is actually one of my biggest concerns from the get go with this game. The character advancement video helped alleviate them somewhat (was posted a couple pages ago), but over all it still seems like it will be shallow as a puddle if raw action does not excite you at all. I do believe this team has more than earned a right to experiment but honestly, I don't think it's going to be as well recieved as their other games have been. With that said if they can somehow manage to convey the story in the same cool way as they did in Bloodborne, they will be fine. But that may be a tall order due to the fairly rigid nature of a historically based setting like that.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So this would mean that you are restricted to certain, "builds" which will just be the order in which you choose to unlock Prosthetics/Hunter Tools. Unless you can unlock all of them in a reasonable amount of time. But even that would be lackluster because a lot of the Bloodborne items you don't even get until late game and can't really be enjoyed until NG+. But this tool system has so far presented itself that you need certain tools to break shields and block shit and whatever to get past certain situations. Rather than have Augur of Ebrietas or something that you could use if you felt it benefited your play style to blast people with tentacles. Which I never did.

Again this is just going off of the previous titles because if you run a "Quality" build in Bloodborne you can still do everything you want. But there was also room for those weird full Arcane builds and going through the entire game never even using trick weapons. Which is lol to me... I wouldn't like it but it was awesome that you could do them.

IMO the intentional vagueness of the story in Bloodborne and Souls to a lesser degree just made everything more interesting. Having an actual structured narrative in this series is a big downside to me.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
pretty sure nearly everybody was pissed bloodborne wasnt a direct clone of a souls game and look how that turned out

game looks great, y'all are whack lol

I'm personally thinking of this game as more of a ninja gaiden type game than it is a souls game.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Not every game from From Software (god, that’s always fucking awkward to say) has to be a souls game. I don’t think I’d enjoy doing the same thing over and over for a decade if I was in game development.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Szlia

It's difficult to understate how stupid it is to assume the new ideas of a dev team that had dozens of great ideas will suddenly be bad. No one knew they liked Souls games before From Software made Souls games. If Sekiro is not a Soul game, great! Maybe we'll discover we like Sekiro games even more than we liked Souls games.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Or maybe some of us know what we like and don’t like and are going to wait and see before guzzling cock and proclaiming all naysayers children of the devil.

I like the Souls series because of the rpg aspects mixed with the general gameplay, without those rpg elements the games sound like 3d versions of the arcade games I played 30 years ago which, technically, the dark souls games are except with rpg elements added in.

Your “wait and see, it could be great” is just the opposite side of the coin to our “so far this doesn’t sound like something I am interesting in playing”.

Calm your tits, no one is saying From Software sucks or is going the way of Bioware

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I always thought the leveling system and stat purchasing was one of the weakest parts of soulsborne. Obviously just removing it would be worse, but I’m in the wait and see camp.

I wasn’t a fan of Nioh’s skill trees, so hopefully it’s not like that.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I didn't like anything about Nioh, man would i ever be sad if this game turned out to be like that one

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This looks like Tenchu and Ninja Gaiden to me, hopefully more of the former than the latter because I did not enjoy Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2 much at all. Other than the aesthetics I don't really see anything at all in common with Nioh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Im on the opposite, i want another game like Ninja Gaiden Black. I'm hoping this is it lol

however i think this game has way more stealth based aspects to it, so it's probably more like tenchu

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I hope it is Sekiro Shadows Die Twice not nioh or soulsbourne or anything like that non sense. From makes kick ass games, thats all I know right now