Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have gigabit internet and noticed significant input lag every time I tried to use Steamlink. What is your secret Noodle-sama?
Is your steam link hard wired? I hard wired my house with cat6 recently

I also use a PS3 controller over Bluetooth on it. Granted however I only played for 10 minutes

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm definitely finding it tough to adjust to the combat style coming from dark souls. I'm not sure if you can even deflect mini bosses in a good way or it's just better to dodge.

One things for sure. Every boss and miniboss so far I've found it's better to be ultra aggressive

Might be my problem. Getting absolutely fucking wrecked by most things with 2 red orbs. White ninja fuckhead with the thrusts took me like 2 hours and pretty sure I just got good RNG before I finally got him.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Might be my problem. Getting absolutely fucking wrecked by most things with 2 red orbs. White ninja fuckhead with the thrusts took me like 2 hours and pretty sure I just got good RNG before I finally got him.

Did you get the Mikri Technique? I fucked his bitch ass up with that because thrust are all he does. So far I've died the most to god damn purple ninja guarding the Raven Mist prosthetic. Fuck that guy god damn.

About to tackle the Butterfly.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Did you get the Mikri Technique? I fucked his bitch ass up with that because thrust are all he does. So far I've died the most to god damn purple ninja guarding the Raven Mist prosthetic. Fuck that guy god damn.

About to tackle the Butterfly.

Yeah, but don't think I know how to use it. Every time I hit B my guy just dodged

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
yo that fucking Mikiri Counter skill is so god damn good against dudes with polearms holy shit

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just beat the first miniboss. I really suck
Same. Killed 3 times then i killed him flawlessly. Onto another mini boss who is kicking the crap out of me now. Losing exp and cash every time I die.

• 1Like

Crimson

Peasant
I'm both interested and disinterested about Dark Souls type of games, but I do like this aesthetic a bit more than the standard Dark Souls.

Eh, we'll see how I feel playing Bloodborne, but if it turns out I'm into this style, I might consider this one for PS4.
I watched some playthrough of an early bit on Youtube and it didn't seem uninteresting.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Typically early souls games are hard and then after that first hump it's easier, at least for me.

Bloodborne I found much harder but the aesthetic was way more interesting n

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fedor

<Banned>
Same. Killed 3 times then i killed him flawlessly. Onto another mini boss who is kicking the crap out of me now. Losing exp and cash every time I die.

you can buy 100 sen purses for 110 sen at vendors

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Crimson

Peasant
Typically early souls games are hard and then after that first hump it's easier, at least for me.

Bloodborne I found much harder but the aesthetic was way more interesting n

I'm not really concerned about difficulty, but the original Dark Souls just looked a bit.... bland.

I agree with the aesthetic about Bloodborne though. But I really only bought it because I've heard it's technically the best video game Berserk never got. And god knows there has to be at least one another good Berserk game past the PS2 one.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not really concerned about difficulty, but the original Dark Souls just looked a bit.... bland.

I agree with the aesthetic about Bloodborne though. But I really only bought it because I've heard it's technically the best video game Berserk never got. And god knows there has to be at least one another good Berserk game past the PS2 one.
Ah yeah. The 2nd and 3rd were less bland

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Firecracker prosthetic owns the hell out of Gyoubu fight, holy shit lol.

Some of you having trouble with mini-bosses or just tough enemies: You CAN pussy out and go hide. Some enemies will give up and start walking back, then you can follow and stab them in the back. Some have odd gimmicks, like the Juzou the Drunk fight has an npc helper chillin' nearby you can ask for help.

Yeah, but don't think I know how to use it. Every time I hit B my guy just dodged

Part of the problem is if you're moving the joystick at the time. I learned that if I didn't take my thumb off it, that I would dodge instead of pull off that move.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The game is awesome, but much tougher than I anticipated. I just need to get the spaz/over-aggression reactions out of there, when I'm trying to deflect and attack. BB and DS were more forgiving in that regard, since you could almost always just dodge the fuck out the way with invincible frames. I cannot play this drunk at all. It's the weekend, so I predict very little progress!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Messed around with this a bit and it runs smooth as silk on PC. I wish other games came anywhere near as close as this does when it comes to fluid controls and movement.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
My one wish for this game is that it had a "Hall of Hereoes" type arena where you could go back and do battle with the mini-bosses and bosses you beat just on their own, without having to carve through all the trash to get there in a new game. Its sad that once you figure out a boss you can only beat him once and its over. I'd love to go back and carve that spear fucker shinobi hunter a few more times now that I know how to properly counter his kanji thrust. So much work for a brief moment of joy.

One thing I've noticed plays a huge role in this game is controlling distance. Much more than in DS or BB. Lots of mobs have some kind of instant, uncounterable shove or headbutt that is very clearly a warning-type attack that you aren't at optimal range. And many have long-range attacks that are harder to time correctly. Gotta find that sweet spot.

To anyone having trouble I say - go find the Firecracker prosthetic. Its really the only useful one in general (i.e. unless a mob - say Ogre - is specifically weak against a particular mod).

• 1Like