Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was finally able to switch from Comcast to AT&T Fiber. The fiber is so much faster, and I haven't had any problems with it, where as my internet would randomly drop out with Comcast.

60$ a month too, just internet though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Pretty much I got their ultimate HD package, plus the gig service.

One TV, and I own the modem already. 130 something once taxes and shit are included.

Good for two years.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's nuts

130 here buys you the mediocrity bundle with the most advanced features only in the services you don't give shit about. But hey, if you can find an old telephone at an antique store you can call Norway for free, unlimited minutes!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Psvue upgraded me to elite for free until 1/28/18. I was salty about the price increase but Comcast would never do that shit for someone.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I just heard this weekend that T-Mobile is making a major expansion in eastern Montana and one of their new towers is going to be on a ridge 4 miles from my house. I don't know if it will get over the large hill just north of my house but if it does and I can get an unlimited plan with tethering I would probably cancel my satellite internet.

I kind of suspect that the reason Google is backing off on fiber is because they think that 5g will make wired internet obsolete and it might. Unfortunately I live in a place full of hills and trees which are the enemies of wireless.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5G cellular data doesn't address latency. As you are on Satellite, should know full well about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
How much latency does wireless add? Obviously it's terrible on satellite, but I understood that that was the fact that the signal has to go 20000 miles into space. That wouldn't be an issue with terrestrial wireless.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My family has T-mobile and no complaints. Of course coverage for someone is a huge reason why you get a certain carrier. On thing that I can not praise enough is that when you get a new phone or sim card all you need to do is call them up to activate which takes like 5 minutes and there is no bullshit activation, upgrade, cause fuck you that's why charges.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have been with ATT for about 10 years. I switched to Tmobile two months ago. We are saving about 50 bucks a month and now get unlimited everything and the coverage is better here than ATT . It's awesome.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Had to break my Onebill but switched to the new Verizon unlimited plan (4 lines) and saved $60 / month. Other carriers are forcing them to compete so they aren't completely screwing us over now.

We ditched Comcast way back when Verizon put fiber in, the other services under the Onebill were non-standard and needed to be "modernized" so we talked some discounts on that side too. Waiting to see if gig prices are outrageous when they come in or if they knock down some of the other tiers.

FIOS Plans (in my area)
50/50 = $55
75/75 = $65
100/100 = $75
150/150 = $85
300/300 = $175
500/500 = $275

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Well, hopefully Tmo will eventually roll out some decent coverage to northern NY by the time I have a phone that will support the new band. With Fi I'm on Sprint probably 80% of the time.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Well, hopefully Tmo will eventually roll out some decent coverage to northern NY by the time I have a phone that will support the new band. With Fi I'm on Sprint probably 80% of the time.
T-Mobile is probably going to buy Sprint.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why hasn't, or how hasn't Sprint already caved? I assume their recent slash your bill in half campaign was pretty successful for them. I feel like they've been barely hanging on for years?

Also, isn't most of their value tied up in what spectrum they own? Like Spectrum > everything else in these deals? So what fancy ass spectrum does Sprint have that's keeping them in the game?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Im not sure but probably cutting costs and or headcount to make them more attractive or to meet some kind of agreed upon requirements with T-Mobile.

Had a guy come by and try to sell me Prism from Centurylink with some kind of business class 25mb connection. Its about 30 bucks a month cheaper 25mb connection or 15 with the tv on, than what i am paying for Spectrum. How ever I have a 300mb set up for Spectrum. It is pretty good but has slow downs at times because it is probably shared.

Does any anyone have experience with this? I can't imagine even if i always got the 25 or 15 full connection it would be worth it?

Last edited: