Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im not sure but probably cutting costs and or headcount to make them more attractive or to meet some kind of agreed upon requirements with T-Mobile.

Had a guy come by and try to sell me Prism from Centurylink with some kind of business class 25mb connection. Its about 30 bucks a month cheaper 25mb connection or 15 with the tv on, than what i am paying for Spectrum. How ever I have a 300mb set up for Spectrum. It is pretty good but has slow downs at times because it is probably shared.

Does any anyone have experience with this? I can't imagine even if i always got the 25 or 15 full connection it would be worth it?
Don't do it. Century Link is known for bait and switch bull shit from their door to door salesmen. Per usual for door to door salesmen, they will promise the moon and then you get your first bill and are like wtf?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Had to break my Onebill but switched to the new Verizon unlimited plan (4 lines) and saved $60 / month. Other carriers are forcing them to compete so they aren't completely screwing us over now.

We ditched Comcast way back when Verizon put fiber in, the other services under the Onebill were non-standard and needed to be "modernized" so we talked some discounts on that side too. Waiting to see if gig prices are outrageous when they come in or if they knock down some of the other tiers.

FIOS Plans (in my area)
50/50 = $55
75/75 = $65
100/100 = $75
150/150 = $85
300/300 = $175
500/500 = $275

Holy fuck that's underage wallet rape

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Don't do it. Century Link is known for bait and switch bull shit from their door to door salesmen. Per usual for door to door salesmen, they will promise the moon and then you get your first bill and are like wtf?

Someone who used to work there told me they do something like put an asterisk that says you have to pay for like 1.5 months + pro rated time left in service month + fees/taxes/etc. (or something close to that) and most of it isn't actually explained by your typical salesman so you get fucked month 1 especially hard.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Here we get :
200/200 - 7$
500/500 - 9$
1000/1000 - 12$

If you want TV slap another 10$ on it. For unlimited GSM with 40gb of LTE traffic, add another 6$.

But don't be jelly, we only get Romanian internet through the fake fiber we bought from Putin.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Here we get :
200/200 - 7$
500/500 - 9$
1000/1000 - 12$

If you want TV slap another 10$ on it. For unlimited GSM with 40gb of LTE traffic, add another 6$.

But don't be jelly, we only get Romanian internet through the fake fiber we bought from Putin.
gypsy money.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sounds nice if you don't mind getting killed by vampires.

• 1Worf

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
With CenturyLink internet, get them to tell you the upload speed. You’ll laugh your head off.

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Upload is the thing that pisses me off the most when I look at my options every year. The best upload I can get from Spectrum is paying $90/mo for the 60/5 mbps plan.

There is a local company that I could try but that requires them to come out and check if they can do an install, which takes 60 days minimum and they charge for. Then you have to do a 3 year contract and they only offer phone/internet bundles, no standalone internet. $95/mo (plus taxes and fees) for 70/15 mbps, which is competitive with Spectrum at least.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fucking Cox raised prices again in Phoenix, for anyone that doesn’t have one of their shitty bundles.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man psvue raised prices and gave us 6 months free of elite (until January). My CC# changed and I forgot to update it. Payment lapsed by 20 minutes and they took away my promotion. Fairly shitty

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man psvue raised prices and gave us 6 months free of elite (until January). My CC# changed and I forgot to update it. Payment lapsed by 20 minutes and they took away my promotion. Fairly shitty

tenor.gif

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For existing plans or just if you want to swap?

Oh, I just saw it. Well fuck that rofl.
Thing fucking sucks.

Thinking of trying Century Link but I know it’s going to be garbage. They offer 100mbit for $55 a month where I am but you gotta buy their dumb modem, and it’s DSL so I’m sure I’ll get half that speed and constant outages. And they require someone to install it and charge $60

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Thing fucking sucks.

Thinking of trying Century Link but I know it’s going to be garbage. They offer 100mbit for $55 a month where I am but you gotta buy their dumb modem, and it’s DSL so I’m sure I’ll get half that speed and constant outages.

look 'competition'!

lolcenturylink.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Honestly I'd try it for 100.

12 lolnope
Yeah no way 12. 100 is 50 less than what I have, but after this most recent price hike it will be almost $40 cheaper a month and I’m pretty sure CL doesn’t have caps. If I actually get anywhere near 100 without drops I would be happy