Shadow and Bone

Kiki

Log Wizard
It's TV14. They had every chance to show Nina's tits, but covered them every time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Haha it is TV-14, which is hilarious because in almost every episode it lists "nudity" next to the TV-14 rating and there was 0 nudity in this show.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They end up falling for each other. Which is obviously a common literary theme. However there was no flow to the interactions and they just seemed smitten despite acting like they hated each other right from the start.

Well, it makes a little more sense then at least narratively, the issue was just the terrible acting. I agree, it was ridiculous right from the start, trading insults breathlessly like they were two seconds away from going at it.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Haha it is TV-14, which is hilarious because in almost every episode it lists "nudity" next to the TV-14 rating and there was 0 nudity in this show.

Alina showed her ass thru a curtain or something, apparently that is enough. Dumb

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was hoping the red head tailor would have got naked. That chick looked hot as hell.

Cybsled

It's TV14. They had every chance to show Nina's tits, but covered them every time.

The best shot was when they awoke after the shipwreck on the beach. Her shirt was having trouble containing things with it being soaked lol

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Aggressively Young Adult in places, and sometimes guilty of lazy writing, but on the whole not bad. And surprisingly good visual effects for a TV show; it's interesting to see the gap in visual quality between a TV show and a proper movie become increasingly negligible.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Fucking? Lol, it’s young adult. What do you think you are watching? Kissing and cuddling are a big fucking deal.

But, you know, doesn't stop faggy mcshooter from fucking a stableboy.

• 1Garbage

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This shit was a waste of time. Its YA bullshit

Just because it's better than average YA bullshit doesnt mean it's worth watching. 6/10 ratings? get the fuck outta here

If average YA content is 3/10 then this is a 4/10--i.e., still not good

There's no subtlety. There's no decent twists. There's way too much sentimentality.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
i enjoyed it, it is mega YA and every fucking trope from the genre is in here but its basically chick post-college Harry Potter mixed with every CW teen show. Visuals were pretty good, world building was interesting, and no one was super annoying. Thats a 5/10 for me.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alina showed her ass thru a curtain or something, apparently that is enough. Dumb
There were a few peeks of it other than that as well but it was all very brief and not dwelled upon.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
People seem to be losing their shit because the stunt person for Inej was a white woman.

What's going to be the reaction when someone goes 'Sorry were going to have to recast the role as a white person because we can't find a brown female stunt performer here in Eastern Europe'?

• 1Pathetic

Caliane

Enjoying this quite a bit so far. Doing a pretty good job making each side a viable perspective. logical and consistent motivations.
super special magical protagonist, totally fucks up and gets all her friends killed. (granted she mostly forgets all about that, and starts pinning for her boring safe boyfriend/brother, and super hot badboy villian/love interest)

yeah, some of the "plot holes" mentioned in previous posts were 100% explained by the old lady wizard teacher.
human amplifiers, hes full of bones.
the one general notes that when he was a kid, mages were 50:1, then guns made them 25:1, then repeaters made them 10:1. how much longer till they are as expendable as the rest of us.
but, also, old lady talking to her son in the past. " grisha are builders, creators, not warriors. we practice the small science, not magic." so, both ways. the magic they practice is more useful for day to day use. not war. but, the general specifically started the school to teach them to be fighters, to be useful. and even further REAL magic is forbidden/not taught. and him doing real magic is what caused the void.

the conductor mentioned they passed a Hive. so, the assumption would be the monsters are breeding.

Nina plotline does get way too YA. just keeps getting worse. I thought the first interaction was ok. pretty sure that was supposed to be her, actually flirting to try and get him to drop his guard. but man, it just gets laid on thicker and thicker. ooph.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff

I thought she looked kinda frumpy but then...

Danielle-Galligan.png

Also had a bit role in GoT

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Finished this up last night. This started out 'meh' for me but I really fell into it half way through. Really likable cast and interesting world. Finale felt pretty epic.

So, one of the characters is gay of course. But I really wish Hollywood would stop portraying them all as whores. Why couldn't they simply have Jesper be his flamboyant self, obviously gay, and just leave it at that? They always have to inject a gratuitous cock gobbling scene. And, to be clear, I really like Jesper. He's a total bad ass with those revolvers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Finished this up last night. This started out 'meh' for me but I really fell into it half way through. Really likable cast and interesting world. Finale felt pretty epic.

So, one of the characters is gay of course. But I really wish Hollywood would stop portraying them all as whores. Why couldn't they simply have Jesper be his flamboyant self, obviously gay, and just leave it at that? They always have to inject a gratuitous cock gobbling scene. And, to be clear, I really like Jesper. He's a total bad ass with those revolvers.
Because the biggest sexist and racists are progressives. They think all homos are whore cock gobblers and cant write them any other way.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gotta keep people thinking there MIGHT be some titties.

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good,

I enjoyed the first season enough to want to watch season 2.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users