Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This is expected - unfortunately - to be the last in the reboot series. :( Very sad. It would be pretty cool if there was a cross over Uncharted and Tomb Raider.
The Last of Us was also expected to be the end of Joel and Ellie's story. Never say never!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Love both TR and UC.

Nothing has come close to beating UC2 for me but ROTTR was very close.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Liked the gameplay better in tomb raider, but the characters and story better in uncharted. Glad to see this one is multiplat from the start

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, if anything was going to kill Tomb Raider v2 it was that horribly ill-conceived decision to make a deal with Microsoft. They were really lucky that the "definitive" and anniversary editions still sold well enough to save it, since the game industry isn't a whole lot different from Hollywood in wanting the return on their investment in the first couple weeks of release. And whatever they might say now, if Shadow sells a ton there will be another sequel--even more so if they keep making movies too. I'd worry more about it being passed off to another studio than anything. SE owns the franchise, and CD is apparently busy with stuff for Marvel after this.

Vorph

two editions up at best buy and amazon, croft edition ($90) and regular day 1 ($60)
(the amazon links are fucked up on this forum for some reason)
The day 1 edition is just a steelbook? It looks like my existing Amazon pre-order converted to that and I don't need to cancel and redo it, but I'm not sure.

spronk

FPS noob
i'd normally say day 1 but Spider Man PS4 releases a week earlier and red dead redemption 2 releases a month later. SOTR has a season pass built in wtih the croft edition that will release 1 tomb every month for i think 6 or 7 months, which makes me think... why not buy the game 4-5 months down the road with the SP and play it all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I have the 2nd, I didnt play the first - but going straight into #2 its been fun - but the language keeps me from playing it as my kids are around and by the time they are in bed, its time to Netflix and chill - and not play games.

I think they have done well with the reboot reinvent of tomb raider.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm a total fanboy for this series. Yeah, they're not perfect games, but I really like their narrative and gameplay styles. Looks like this one will be more of the same from Rise of the Tomb Raider, and I think that's perfect. September 12 can't come fast enough!!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. I love the tomb raiding piece in the actual tomb raiding games. The puzzles and tombs they design are really fun to play through.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Hope the quest handoff is handled a little more fluently than it was in this video. "Go collect me some bear asses."

It prolly will be, and I'm just being a nervous nelly.

spronk

FPS noob
i wish lara would scissor some hot chick, even if its an ancient evil

• 2Like

Vorph

Review embargo just lifted. Overall Opencritic score out of the gate is an 82... 85 with the retards on ignore.

• 2Like

Vorph

This just got BLASTED by gamespot.

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider Review - Guerilla Girl
'
6/10
Starts off with the tired old 'ludonarrative dissonance'-ish reference to how many people she's killed, then goes straight to SJW territory by calling her a 'colonizer'... and that's where I stopped.

Like I said above, "85 with the retards on ignore". Definitely keeping my preorder--all I needed to hear is that there's much greater focus on actual tomb raiding this time around.

Edit: I will say that hearing more or less the entire game takes place in a single locale is pretty damned disappointing.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf