Shadow of the Tomb Raider

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am more worried about this:

"Stealth feels inconsistent and unsophisticated"
"Combat mechanics feel clumsy and unsuited to most encounters"
"Platforming can be frustratingly imprecise"

I one thing I hated with Rise was on Xbox One (Didn't have the X yet) I was dealing with severe amounts of input lag. It got a little better in future patches but never felt really responsive. If that rears it's head again, it's going to be a pain in the ass because there is a ton of platforming and puzzle solving in the tombs.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to wait until I have time to check more reviews, but it looks like I'm going to be skipping this.

I've never been a huge fan of the series, I like it well enough...but always felt the controls were not up to part with other titles. If this is the case again, I'm not sure I'll tolerate after coming from Spider-Man.

Also with other stuff coming out like Assassin's Creed on October 5th, and Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th. I might just wait for it to be on sale at a later date when there is a slow period on games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can’t wait only the SJW rags like Vorph Vorph said are bashing. Holy shit a colonizer? Count me in.

It’s been preloaded and ready to go 48 hours early.

• 1Worf

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I paid the extra $10 to play on weds instead of Friday. I almost never preorder, but they’ve earned their good faith from the previous two games.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Can’t wait only the SJW rags like Vorph Vorph said are bashing. Holy shit a colonizer? Count me in.

It’s been preloaded and ready to go 48 hours early.
As Vorph is wont to point out, unless your internet is really slow, preloading takes longer to decrypt (even on an SSD) than just downloading when it becomes available.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Don't get me wrong if they clean up the controls I would be all over it, especially if they have a ton more tombs to raid (Which is by far the best part of the series for me) But if there is the same 500ms input lag I was getting last go around, it will drive me nuts. Like Valderen Valderen said, I am knee deep in spider man right now and the controls are completely 100% lock on and super responsive.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
RotTR was weird. Xbone had terrible input lag for some people, but Nixxes fixed it completely for the 360 and PC versions, and then it came back for the PS4 version when the Pro patch came out, got fixed soon after that, and finally came back yet again with the last patch they put out.

ACG recommended playing Shadow at 1080p60 instead of 4K/30 on the Pro/X, which imo is a no-brainer in any game that supports that choice, and he didn't mention anything about input lag being an issue. PC version almost certainly won't have any lag since the port is once again done by Nixxes and Rise on PC had zero lag. Unfortunately, it has fucking Denuvo again too, so I had to stick with PS4.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
RotTR was weird. Xbone had terrible input lag for some people, but Nixxes fixed it completely for the 360 and PC versions, and then it came back for the PS4 version when the Pro patch came out, got fixed soon after that, and finally came back yet again with the last patch they put out.

ACG recommended playing Shadow at 1080p60 instead of 4K/30 on the Pro/X, which imo is a no-brainer in any game that supports that choice, and he didn't mention anything about input lag being an issue. PC version almost certainly won't have any lag since the port is once again done by Nixxes and Rise on PC had zero lag. Unfortunately, it has fucking Denuvo again too, so I had to stick with PS4.

I’ll flip back in forth between the two. Dat quantum dot tho.

spronk

FPS noob
I don't get it, who is Guerilla Girl? The review is done by a guy named Edmond Tran. Is he a vietnamese lady boy? Is he jealous of Lara's CGI tits? Did he assume Lara's gender? Whats going on

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No idea I just watched the video review though and there are a shit ton of whacked out things happening and tons of bugs. Wonky AI, broken stealth, overpowered stealth (Mud), poor shooting mechanics, input lag, the works.

Xbox One X version via gamefly should arrive by the 14th. So I'll find out for myself soon enough.

Last edited:

Vorph

Xbox One X version via gamefly should arrive by the 14th. So I'll find out for myself soon enough.

Only Croft edition and digital deluxe preorders get to play early. GameFly will be regular edition which releases on Friday and if it's like Spider-Man they won't actually ship until Friday morning.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I have regular edition for X on pre order at gamestop (comes with steelbook) will check it out should be done with spidey by then

• 1Like

Vorph

I preordered the regular steelbook from Amazon like 6 months ago, kind of curious to see if I get the current $10 promo on top of the old Prime Savings discount.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I’m biting the bullet for you guys tonight (assuming it releases at midnight).

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
What platform?
0D752C7B-0D00-4529-8DE0-C528E9C4234B.png

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
PC (Steam) early access unlocks at 9AM PST tomorrow, but I hear that Playstation digital preorders can access the game now zzz.