Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Hat trick.

Installing now. Hurricane is blowing through in a couple days so I gotta make this quick!

Edit: This is the first screen after you start a new game... I'm hoping this is an attempt to diminish triggering, not a foreshadowing of political BS:

1536773664407.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hat trick.

Installing now. Hurricane is blowing through in a couple days so I gotta make this quick!

Edit: This is the first screen after you start a new game... I'm hoping this is an attempt to diminish triggering, not a foreshadowing of political BS:

View attachment 175868

Yeah these are normally used to make sure the SJW's don't come after them, not the other way around to save face with the normals.

Also, get the heck out of there if you are on the east coast target state/city of that hurricane hit. It's going to stall out and flood everything to hell and back :(

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm not on the coast, they're not even sure Raleigh is gonna get a ton of rain any more now that the hurricane seems to be tracking south and head for South Carolina.

I'm about an hour or so in and already tomb raiding. So far so good!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
How is the control lag? (PC?)
There's no control lag at all, but I never experienced it in the other two games either. I'm getting occassional stuttering, but I'm gonna try restarting and adjusting some settings.

I'm not big on multiple playthroughs, so I typically choose the hardest difficulty a game offers. I'm considering dropping this one down a notch as I've died a couple times to platform failing and have been reset back 30-45 minutes due to no checkpoint. I'm assuming this is part of the difficulty setting, if it's not, then this is gonna really piss off casuals.

Edit: Yep, "Game saves only at Base Camps" is part of Deadly Obsession difficulty. Gonna grab some lunch and think about whether or not this is worth the frustration -.-

Edit2: Decided to bump it down to One With the Jungle. I quickly googled and saw an article saying they consistently lost an hour of progress without being able save except for base camps and to hold off on the hardest difficulty until a 2nd playthrough. I'm inclined to agree.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just got to the first base camp about an hour in (I'm a completionist so if you're just blazing through, it could feasibly be 30-45 minutes). Definitely do not attempt the hardest difficulty on your first playthrough. I ended up starting over and playing on Hard and died a couple times that would've made me rage if it had started me an hour back.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The game fucking rocks. Same stuff as the previous TR. Although, I haven't tried out any tombs or crypts yet, saved it before I went into the first crypt. But if you liked the last game, you'll like this one, plain and simple.

I dunno where that dude got that 6 from. He must be one of those people that expects to be magically transported into a game. While immersion in this game is pretty freakin' great, nothing is that good.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The game fucking rocks. Same stuff as the previous TR. Although, I haven't tried out any tombs or crypts yet, saved it before I went into the first crypt. But if you liked the last game, you'll like this one, plain and simple.

I dunno where that dude got that 6 from. He must be one of those people that expects to be magically transported into a game. While immersion in this game is pretty freakin' great, nothing is that good.

Ok I trust my gaming bro goishen goishen on that.
I’ll see how long it takes to have GameFly ship it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching Shroud trying to solve a puzzle. Chat is better / funnier than he is.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, Shroud is good as FPS games... Other than that, I think I'd find watching a rock more entertaining.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

So basically Xbox One X is the version to get for consoles. HDR is tip top according to DF. However, at the end of the video he blatantly talked about input lag and how heavy the controls were. What is so hard about making good controls with this title and why does that have to be patched. Ugh.

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop is letting you pick up the normal edition btw yesterday/today even though it was supposed to be friday release date (tue for "croft" edition, but apparently some retailers sold both starting tue so square-enix said fuck it)

steelbook is nice. i've got the X version so will play it sometime in the next few days and let you know how the input lag is. it'll be interesting coming from Spider-Man which i am 90% close to plat'ing, since that game is pretty much a 10/10

btw 5.5 gig update from physical disc install for xb1

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
gamestop is letting you pick up the normal edition btw yesterday/today even though it was supposed to be friday release date (tue for "croft" edition, but apparently some retailers sold both starting tue so square-enix said fuck it)

steelbook is nice. i've got the X version so will play it sometime in the next few days and let you know how the input lag is. it'll be interesting coming from Spider-Man which i am 90% close to plat'ing, since that game is pretty much a 10/10

btw 5.5 gig update from physical disc install for xb1

How is your input lag? Is it noticeable? My only fear. Last one was unplayable until they patched it. :(

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Alright my 4K brethren....

It looks absolutely, nay, absurdly stunning. I’ve been watching the water run down rocks onto leaf petals for over 5 minutes like when I ate Garcia blotter at bonnaroo looking at the clouds.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Alright my 4K brethren....

It looks absolutely, nay, absurdly stunning. I’ve been watching the water run down rocks onto leaf petals for over 5 minutes like when I ate Garcia blotter at bonnaroo looking at the clouds.

Did you go X or pro this time around?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Input lag feedback?

no but I am just at the beginning..

I am on my Samsung 1ms 4k 32 inch Qled though. I will try the 65 inch 4k tomorrow.

Elite Controller
32 inch 1ms 4k Samsung
Settings are high res

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm several hours in now and can safely say this is more of the same (with modest improvements) - and I love it. Still getting occasional hitching on PC, possibly related to background loading?

• 1Like