Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

joz123

Potato del Grande
Good wire-fu flick till it got to the Falkor vs Mothra fight.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just saw this, agree with general consensus. It’s a decent kung fu flick, didn‘t feel like a MCU movie.

I really enjoyed the fight scenes though, most were shot from fairly wide angle allowing us to follow the action pretty well which I really like.

I think with the ten ring, it gives Shang-Chi a decent place to fit within the MCU in the future since it makes him fairly strong.

All in all while not amazing, I find it enjoyable.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bet the execs at Disney shit themselves with rage when China banned this from the boc office, because this was a Wuxia movie with a marvel budget. Decent flick but t like others have said, not really a marvel movie.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
theatrical and imax versions are up on D+ now

saw it today, meh. Not horrible, but not really a MCU movie either. It was a decent Jet Li/Ip Man/chinese kung fu movie with an insane CGI budget that jammed in some MCU references on the sides. Awkwafina was so goddamn awful with her harpy voice, how the fuck does she keep getting cast in movies.

my interest in MCU movies keeps dropping every time, I'm not really sure which I like more Black Widow or Shang Chi but both are extremely mediocre and bottom tier MCU movies. Super predictable, lead character had no charisma, his younger sister looked way older than him, and the dad was a talking plot device, not a real character.

i guess if you've seen every MCU movie might as well watch it, but honestly at this point stopping at Avengers EndGame is the best choice.

Watching it now and can't wrap my head around Awkwafina's popularity

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watching it now and can't wrap my head around Awkwafina's popularity
<cough, cough> not white <cough, cough>. The most no talent non-white comedians or actors are now automatically elevated by the SJW crowd who control Hollywood and the media.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Asians are literally only minorities when it suits the purposes of the person running the statistics. As soon as Asians' success vs time in country, or academic success vs other races (I believe Asians scores best on both of those, including over whites) gets in the way of leftist narratives, they suddenly become whites.

Which should be all the proof you need to confirm that modern leftist thought is nothing more than fabricating a persecution complex to redistribute wealth/power to their side.

Politics aside, I still haven't watched any of the post-Endgame movies. Is this the best one of them?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Asians are literally only minorities when it suits the purposes of the person running the statistics. As soon as Asians' success vs time in country, or academic success vs other races (I believe Asians scores best on both of those, including over whites) gets in the way of leftist narratives, they suddenly become whites.

Which should be all the proof you need to confirm that modern leftist thought is nothing more than fabricating a persecution complex to redistribute wealth/power to their side.

Politics aside, I still haven't watched any of the post-Endgame movies. Is this the best one of them?
It's not really a Marvel Superhero movie. I kind of classify it like Winter Soldier which to me was more of a spy movie. If you like wire martial arts movies then it's worth a watch. It looks very sharp in IMAX format on a big screen.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i watched some of this in planning for finding a good copy this weekend. kinda reminds me of a Kung Fu Hustle type of film. that woman is horrific though, her voice is terrible, but whats even worse is her facial expressions. what the fuck is that shit?

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

I got halfway through before I turned it off.

Can't believe people like this kind of shit. More Captain America, however, would be okay.

The main character has no charisma. The sidekick lacks a single funny bone in her body and her voice is like a cheese-grater to my brain. Wuxia in modern tech world is Omega cringe.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, this very quickly turned into fast-forward leading into eff this noise alt+f4. Awk-whatever is terribad, Soy Chi actor guy is Brie Larson level of plank.
I can always watch Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, Jet Li, ... instead if I want to watch a good martial arts movie.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
About 1 hour in, it is fucking terrible.

Watching with the family so I can't just turn it off.

Never thought family time would be so miserable.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
About 1 hour in, it is fucking terrible.

Watching with the family so I can't just turn it off.

Never thought family time would be so miserable.
I wondered if I was watching the same movie as other people. The movie is plain, uncreative, and boring.

• 1Solidarity

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Bland characters, boring plot, and the sister was the most pointless character in the history of cinema. If she was removed, nothing would change about the movie.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I got up to use the restroom and said don't pause it. When I came back my kids asked if I had seen this before.

My wife gave me a look that said they like it, don't shit on the movie. I was kind and just said I was not worried about what I missed because I could write the rest of the and be 99% accurate. The kids asked how that was possible, I replied your Dad has seen a lot of movies and they just become predictable after awhile.

/BillO'Reilly"Fuckingthingsucks!" loop

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Okay, so the smile on my kids face after watching the post credit scene made it worth it. I mean it sucked donkey dick, but kids were happy.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I got up to use the restroom and said don't pause it. When I came back my kids asked if I had seen this before.

My wife gave me a look that said they like it, don't shit on the movie. I was kind and just said I was not worried about what I missed because I could write the rest of the and be 99% accurate. The kids asked how that was possible, I replied your Dad has seen a lot of movies and they just become predictable after awhile.

/BillO'Reilly"Fuckingthingsucks!" loop
you have reached prime dadmode. my dad was always saying things like that when us kids were watching crappy kids movies. he wouldnt say outright what we were watching was shit, but i learned to read his comments and if he said, "rough" at any point i knew that he thought it was garbage. later on as an adult when we went to the movies i suggested, he would just stare at me during the movie. i could always sense the stare without seeing it. id turn my head and yep. dad was staring at me. its ok, when he made me watch Paul Blart:Mall Cop with him, i took a nap and that was my way of telling him his movie was ass. BTW dont ever watch Paul Blart. probably one of the worst films i ever had to sit through.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
B
you have reached prime dadmode. my dad was always saying things like that when us kids were watching crappy kids movies. he wouldnt say outright what we were watching was shit, but i learned to read his comments and if he said, "rough" at any point i knew that he thought it was garbage. later on as an adult when we went to the movies i suggested, he would just stare at me during the movie. i could always sense the stare without seeing it. id turn my head and yep. dad was staring at me. its ok, when he made me watch Paul Blart:Mall Cop with him, i took a nap and that was my way of telling him his movie was ass. BTW dont ever watch Paul Blart. probably one of the worst films i ever had to sit through.
Etter or worse that Harry Crumb?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I got halfway through before I turned it off.

Can't believe people like this kind of shit. More Captain America, however, would be okay.

The main character has no charisma. The sidekick lacks a signal funny bone in her body and her voice is like a cheese-grater to my brain. Wuxia in modern tech world is Omega cringe.

Got 10 mins in before I shut it off. The rings CGI was a dealbreaker. Don't care for superpowers at all in a kung fu martial arts movie. But if it was actually good CGI and the rings were selling the blows, instead of just summarizing it, maybe I could have given it more than 10 minutes.

Easy skip.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
B

Etter or worse that Harry Crumb?
i love me some John Candy, but yeah, that movie wasnt his best. its not bad though, plus it at least had Annie Potts as eye candy. for some reason that chick does it for me.
iu

oh and that other sexy chick from The Blob. Shawnee Smith
iu

she always reminded me of a discount Olvia D'abo

• 1Like