Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

joz123

Potato del Grande
police story theme is the official hk police recruitment song
Dolphin Catches GIF

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
dunno. I enjoyed the first half-ish or so. Bus fight. Skyscraper fight. Arena thing. Etc.. Disney-fied Kung Fu and all that, but was fine for what it was.

Lost me at magic village and Kaiju fight. Literally zero stakes or tension for being in it's own pocket dimension and dropping the son-father-conflict that should've been the climax way too early.

Also once he had the ten rings, it was almost late-generations Iron Man armour levels of Mary Sue of what he could do, which is always boring.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are in the mood for the Chingy Chang there are much better ways to waste 2 hours.

Fist of Legend
Ip Man
Drunken Master
Memoirs of a Geisha
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Bloodshot
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
Ong Bak
TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze with Vanilla Ice
Enter the Dragon
Kung Fu Hustle
The Last Dragon

Any and all of the above would be time better spent.

Another good one to add to that excellent list is Chocolate.

I watched Shang-Chi last night. It wasn't as awful as I was expecting and I kind of liked the humour (good to see Trevor back!) but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't painfully predictable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If you are in the mood for the Chingy Chang there are much better ways to waste 2 hours.

Fist of Legend
Ip Man
Drunken Master
Memoirs of a Geisha
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Bloodshot
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
Ong Bak
TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze with Vanilla Ice
Enter the Dragon
Kung Fu Hustle
The Last Dragon

Any and all of the above would be time better spent.
I've never been a fan of the pure Chinese wire-fu stuff. But if I want to watch a decent martial arts movie, I'll go with Jet Li. Romeo Must Die was always enjoyable.
Then there's also Cradle 2 the Grave.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I've never been a fan of the pure Chinese wire-fu stuff. But if I want to watch a decent martial arts movie, I'll go with Jet Li. Romeo Must Die was always enjoyable.

Did Jet Li think DMX would see his tweet from the great beyond? is DMX a lich king like Stan Lee's twitter account?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, he's Chinese I think. I'm pretty sure they believe your soul just gets recycled. It's funny considering all of the shit they make is also reused old shit. Infrastructure? Ha!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just watched this on D+ to get caught up on MCU. I enjoyed the wuxia parts a lot, but a lot of the comedy and drama bits fell flat.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Finally just watched this and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Probably in my top 10 D+ MCU movies.

• 1WTF

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider

Can't go wrong with Jackie Chan old school movies either. Drunken Master, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, Young Master, etc. Just really amazing fight choreography (Yuen Woo Ping who did the choreography for the first Matrix did a lot of these). Also, anything with the villain from Drunken Master, Hwang Jang Lee, is usually great. Dude's a badass.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Guessing Captain Marvel is probably on that list.....

• 1Dislike

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Movie was decent if you like semi-kung-fu flicks, fast forwarded through a few parts that were horribly dry and dull filler. Hate the fact that these morons continually subject us to giant CGI......-
at the end of these films instead of having a real fight (IMHO) scene be the culmination of the movie.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the first half, especially the hand to hand fights, was 10x better than the slow, plodding, badly written second half with the shitty CGI monster v monster fight. This is another IP that would have worked so much better as a 6 episode TV show resulting in a movie when the actors don't wanna do the show anymore.

I hope thats the formula we'll see more in the future, use D+ to buildup characters that audiences like and let the best bubble up to movies with multiple show tie-ins. Star Wars seems to be going that route with all the movie cancellations.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This wasnt bad. I fell asleep for a bit towards the end of the second half but the kids were entertained enough to keep watching.

The sidekick chick was annoying but not as bad as this thread had led me to expect (I don't know her outside this movie).

Better than Captain Marvel, and by virtue of the fact I've bothered to watch it, more interesting than Black Panther. Pretty sure all the other MCU movies beat this easily IMO.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I watched Shang-Chi last night. It wasn't as awful as I was expecting and I kind of liked the humour (good to see Trevor back!) but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't painfully predictable.
Shit the trailer for Chocolate kills me every time.

“A special needs girl…
With a special need…
TO KICK SOME ASS”

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m halfway through this and saw the 1.5 FOH stars and am wondering what gets that much worse, lol.

The CG flags in the first scene told me everything I needed to know about this movie and set my expectations accordingly.

It’s not a great movie, but it is funny and entertaining. The fact that it’s Marvel is actually kind of irrelevant, which I guess makes it worse. But if you don’t mind, it’s good entertainment.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I’m halfway through this and saw the 1.5 FOH stars and am wondering what gets that much worse, lol.

The CG flags in the first scene told me everything I needed to know about this movie and set my expectations accordingly.

It’s not a great movie, but it is funny and entertaining. The fact that it’s Marvel is actually kind of irrelevant, which I guess makes it worse. But if you don’t mind, it’s good entertainment.
That was pretty much how I felt about it. It was a decent enough movie, and honestly I felt like it was better than most marvel stuff outside of Avengers in the past few years. The credits stuff tries to make you think they will be important going forward

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider

If you haven't seen it, Raging Phoenix is also excellent, same lady as chocolate.

• 1Like