Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
i dunno, Captain America represented all americans, did his skin color matter? if so, why?
I think you are misunderstanding me. I was simply happy my friend was so happy, I mean he was Tigger levels happy bouncing off the walls happy. Watching him was comical that night and thus I have a fonder memory of that movie than what I should objectively.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The original cap I think is underated. I think black panther never got the proper origin story, I loved him in civil war but black panther movie sucked

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ant-Man 2 sucked, like worst of the worst. Would rather watch IM3 or Hulk.
dramaqueen-were-done-here.gif

Homsar

I think you are misunderstanding me. I was simply happy my friend was so happy, I mean he was Tigger levels happy bouncing off the walls happy. Watching him was comical that night and thus I have a fonder memory of that movie than what I should objectively.
Your friend should watch blade

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Your friend should watch blade
Every time someone says "Black Panther...finally a black superhero!" I have to stop and stare. BLADE. He was one of the first Black movie superheroes and so awesome. Late 90's leather before the Matrix. Feige cut his teeth on that Blade movie. The first couple of Blades are still great movies. Wesley motherfuckin Snipes. Always bet on black.
sunglasses deal with it GIF by BBQ Films

sword blade GIF by BBQ Films

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Every time someone says "Black Panther...finally a black superhero!" I have to stop and stare. BLADE. He was one of the first Black movie superheroes and so awesome. Late 90's leather before the Matrix. Feige cut his teeth on that Blade movie. The first couple of Blades are still great movies. Wesley motherfuckin Snipes. Always bet on black.

Sadly because I think Blade is thought of an older cult classic in comparison the more current MCU films. I am curious to see what they do with the reboot.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Uh...

1993 and 1994. Blade wasn't until 1998.
qQ1xCJC5604FM8lP7hqMGycCAB7.jpg

MV5BZjQzOTZiOWItMTAzOC00NDJlLTk0MmYtM2M0Njk1MDEyY2E0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA0NzE2MzA@._V1_.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Just like people saying we finally have powerful women leads...Huh?!

11133-posts.article_md.jpg
6ec66f42e09d1b70d2dd52f61296dd8d--fantasy-films-fantasy-world.jpg
TJERHK2AD3EVM6XJLP5J3FA34Q.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Blade was the first good black super hero flick.

Maybe Shaft too. Spawn wasn’t very good.
I still enjoy spawn 8/, the special effects were terrible but I have a love for Michael Jai white

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I still enjoy spawn 8/, the special effects were terrible but I have a love for Michael Jai white
I enjoyed it too but I can’t say it was good. I can understand why it would get left off a black superhero list.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
john leguizamo hijacked that movie with his over the top performance. and it kinda ruined the whole film, or rather its the only thing people remember from it.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was in the hotel last night and cruising through the TV guide and BP was on. I hadn't looked at it since the theatrical release. I stopped watching when they kill Klaw. Klaw is the only good thing about that movie. Marvel need to fake his death and bring him back and do a all villain movie. Klaw, Zemo, Doc Oc, Vulture, Kingpin (I think the rest of the good ones are truly dead). Marvel made some good villains with the MCU (and spidey)..

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I was in the hotel last night and cruising through the TV guide and BP was on. I hadn't looked at it since the theatrical release. I stopped watching when they kill Klaw. Klaw is the only good thing about that movie. Marvel need to fake his death and bring him back and do a all villain movie. Klaw, Zemo, Doc Oc, Vulture, Kingpin (I think the rest of the good ones are truly dead). Marvel made some good villains with the MCU (and spidey)..
And they all move out to Thanos' ranch and become gay ranchers?

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard

Is Blade a "superhero" though?
More of a vampire hunter / Anti Hero imho.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Is Blade a "superhero" though?
More of a vampire hunter / Anti Hero imho.
Are Hawkeye/Daredevil/Black Widow "superhero"? He's in comics, and in the movie, powered up by being a dhampir, hero enough for me:

img01.jpg

I

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
So finally got around to watching this, it was decent. A lot better than Black Widow or Eternals.
The side kick chick was annoying but no where near as bad as Darcy from Thor / Wandavision (although in Wandavision she wasnt that bad)

• 1Edgelord

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So finally got around to watching this, it was decent. A lot better than Black Widow or Eternals.
The side kick chick was annoying but no where near as bad as Darcy from Thor / Wandavision (although in Wandavision she wasnt that bad)

Yeah, but Kat Dennings has a great rack and won't suddenly age a hundred years when she turns 40.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users