Shaving

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What were you using for shaving cream that makes shaving without it better? If you say you get it from a can, that's the problem.
Oh I've done everything from canned crap to badger brush + various expensive bars and creams. I think the problem with all of them is that they baby your face too much. Your Face never toughens up to the shaving so if you have sensitive skin it never goes away.

The first few weeks of no shave cream was a little rough but once your face gets used to it it really works well and reduces irritation.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh I've done everything from canned crap to badger brush + various expensive bars and creams. I think the problem with all of them is that they baby your face too much. Your Face never toughens up to the shaving so if you have sensitive skin it never goes away.

The first few weeks of no shave cream was a little rough but once your face gets used to it it really works well and reduces irritation.
Strange thing about this, I've used the same $10 Gillette razor in the shower for probably 3-4 months now and whether it's a matter of toughening up or regularity but no razor burn and takes a few min under the water at most regardless of length.

Nice thing about the shower, if you have a shower head that has one of those 'massage' settings which to me feels more like someones shooting water out of a machine gun it gets hair out of the blades like a champ just point it away first.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I do shave in the shower as well. Would not recommend someone shaving without any shaving cream and just a small splash of water on otherwise cool, dry skin. That could suck. I don't shave until the end of my shower when my face has been exposed to a good amount of steam for a while, soften up the whiskers.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
You might be right, but I enjoy the ritual too much to leave out one of the best parts. I shave after a shower but not before I whip up a bowl of something wonderful. I do notice however, that if I need to go back over a place on my neck, for instance, I need to first put some suds on the area with my fingers or a brush or I will get razor burn.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I love the way it smells but have not tried any razorock yet. Any recommendations?

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I love the way it smells but have not tried any razorock yet. Any recommendations?
No, I've only tried the lime as it was recommended as being very fragrant, which it is, but it's no big deal in the lather department.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Now then, one day I was looking for a lavender scented soap/cr?me and came uponthis. It was almost twice the price of what I usually spend but half of what other lavender products were going for so I bought it. It smells nothing like lavender. I have no idea what the scent is and I'm afraid it might be a love it or hate it kind of thing, but it is my favorite right now and it will be a sad day when it becomes NLA. It also lathers better than any thing I own. If you buy it and hate it, I'll buy it from you.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried the shower/no soap shaving thing

No irritation but I didn't really get a close shave either. Gonna try it again.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have been shaving in the shower with my DE without any shaving cream for a few years now, mainly due to laziness. You can get a close shave but you do have to go pretty easy.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I tried the shower/no soap shaving thing

No irritation but I didn't really get a close shave either. Gonna try it again.
Same results here. Hoping I can apply a bit more pressure and go over the same areas more than twice as my skin adapts. We'll see.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I don't use 1 long pass down my face like I used to when I used shaving cream. I use multiple short strokes that overlap quite a bit, and it gets a pretty close shave and doesn't irritate at all. I mean, why not go over the same spot more than once? It's not like you have to re-apply shaving cream.

It's more of a "peeling a potato" motion when I shave now, quick, small scrapes all in a line down my face, neck. Never shaving more than an inch or two at a time

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I doubt I'll ever get a close shave with this just water and blade thing, but my skin is adapting very quickly. I can be increasingly nitpicky and go fully against the grain in more areas.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
So that looks like it works, but you have to go slow as balls to get it done? I know they said that the laser was designed to burn a specific hair protein, but does it not burn skin? If I have to go that slow to shave and it looks as bad as that did, that is not at all worth it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
why are these fucks so hard up to make that shitty razor look like a god damn razor? the only goddam reason razors are even somewhat ergonomic is cuz we're spending so much time carefully shaving so we don't bleed all over our sink. you could make this thing look like a ketchup bottle as long as you just do a one pass quick shave half/half on a neck beard, ppl will be like "holy shit, i'mma buy that ketchup bottle"

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
just did my first d/e shave so total noob here but how the fuck do you shave the top third of your moustache whiskers under your nose? i tried everything but had to whip out my gillette to finish it off. other than that pretty smooth.