Shaving

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The single thing that has made the most difference in the comfort of my shaves, is this:

Amazon.com : Fogless Shower Mirror with Squeegee by ToiletTree Products. Guaranteed Not to Fog, Designed Not to Fall. #1 Selling and Ranked by Amazon Customers. (Silver) : Beauty

Shaving while still in a steaming hot shower is awesome. It's about the most relaxed and soft that your hair follicles can get for shaving, very little irritation no matter what kind of razor or cream I use. Even shaving right out of the shower isn't quite the same, your skin/beard has a chance to cool off just a little bit, the bathroom as a whole is never quite as hot and steamy as a running shower.

Pretty sure someone here recommended that mirror like 2 years ago in this thread(or a similar one back on hoofshots, or wherever we all were just before rerolled.org), and it's been amazing.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
well got the harry's stuff- worked good- shaving- without ANY product, just hot water rubbed on face (too lazy to lather up- i usually just shave that way- hot water and the razor) it worked about the same as a fusion- light pull - a "zip" sound as it ran over my 2 day beard- after one pass over face, just a few touch up spots to do in the harder areas.

edit:

got an email from a service rep of the company asking how i liked the razor, if i had any questions or suggestions, gave me her office number and email. nice CS touch on their part.

shaved twice so far and like the feel/shave , now to see how long each cartridge lasts...

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What's the consensus between Cella Shave soap, and dollar shave club shave butter? Getting ready to make my first order.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I don't know anything about the Dollar Shave Club stuff, but Cella has been around for over 100 years. It is the gold standard by which other cr?mes are measured and a tub of it will run you under 10 bucks and last months.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They sent a sample of the shave butter with my first set of razors. It was pretty nice but I bought 12 cans of my regular shave cream on Amazon a couple years ago and I'm still working my way through it.

Siliconemelons

"fogless" mirrors are rustling my jimmys... we have Tesla cars and such yet the biggest advancement in "fog free" shower mirrors are "run it under hot water for a bit" and "fill the back tank-thing with hot water" - so annoying >_< I don't want to have to "do" anything to the damn mirror!

But- I have loved using my safety razor and mug+brush for lather... the generic CVS blades suck- the ones from Target are good. I need to order some gelettes from amazon or whatnot.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've never tried any of them, but there's supposedly some home remedies for making a mirror fogless(temporarily) like spraying WD-40 on it and letting it dry(will stay fogless for a few weeks). I just fill mine with warm water when I'm in the shower though, no biggie. My shower head reaches over to it, takes 15 seconds.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never tried any of them, but there's supposedly some home remedies for making a mirror fogless(temporarily) like spraying WD-40 on it and letting it dry(will stay fogless for a few weeks). I just fill mine with warm water when I'm in the shower though, no biggie. My shower head reaches over to it, takes 15 seconds.
Maybe some sort of spray on car detailer wax?

Anyways, I have gone totally away from Gillette and DSC and have invested in a good quality safety razor along with a couple assortments of shaving soap. My skin is thick and I shave maybe 3x a week (blond) and I must say I love the precision a safety razor will give and last for the $. My only advice is not to rush a shave like you would with a regular over the counter blade as the safety blades take a little finesse.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Astra blades and I think this razor.Parker 99R Double Edge Safety Razor (99R)

My bowl came with some Col Conks shave soap I'm trying before the Cella. Using that, but having trouble with getting the same lather I've seen in vids with my cheap badger brush.

Other issue is, it almost seems not sharp enough and I end up making several passes like 5 or getting frustrated and making small cuts. Doesnt help I have moles in bad places (including just above my top lip in corner) Wondering if I should cough up dough for those diamonds or whatever folk said here were crazy sharp?

For the record with a electric razor and a mach 5 that's like 5 months old, I either dry shave or just use a little bit of water... wondering if that's why I find my current combo not aggresive enough.

Also, my razors are labeled by edges 1,2,3,4. Does it matter which end up?

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Astra blades and I think this razor.Parker 99R Double Edge Safety Razor (99R)

My bowl came with some Col Conks shave soap I'm trying before the Cella. Using that, but having trouble with getting the same lather I've seen in vids with my cheap badger brush.

Other issue is, it almost seems not sharp enough and I end up making several passes like 5 or getting frustrated and making small cuts. Doesnt help I have moles in bad places (including just above my top lip in corner) Wondering if I should cough up dough for those diamonds or whatever folk said here were crazy sharp?

For the record with a electric razor and a mach 5 that's like 5 months old, I either dry shave or just use a little bit of water... wondering if that's why I find my current combo not aggresive enough.

Also, my razors are labeled by edges 1,2,3,4. Does it matter which end up?
I believe the numbers are used as you can flip the razor as some people believe that razors can be used twice as long by utilizing all of the edges; top and bottom.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's my concern. Would like to actually see this used on an actual neck-beard, before I take a flier on it.
I want to see how that bearded dude makes out with it before I back, that and/or how does it fare when used on more sensitive areas than a neck.

... what happens if you get a lemon razor though, set your neck on fire?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The idea sounds great. What is giving me pause is not one fucking guy in that kickstarter video had a clean shaven face. They all had beards except the one guy who looked like he shaved with a fucking nail file.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why is there no proof video if they already have prototypes, it seems from the video they already have it made they just have to get it out to factories? FAQ is saying you can shave as fast as regular, while that's cool, i wanna see a neckbeard go completely clean w/o the use of a hair trimmer, then the scalp and some leg hair (for the ladies). Hell, we'd be buying like 2, one for face and one for manscaping.
also no one linked superman yet?
JniCh.png

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Man, really tempted to go in with a buddy on that kickstarter. They need to show it in action!