Shaving

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I have to turn my DE razor sideways and put the corner of it up against my nose. It's not easy(also easy to cut yourself doing that)

Hell, I've cut myself with my DE shaking it dry. Shook it a couple times and totally hit myself in the side/stomach...cut the shit out of myself. Also dropped it once and it hit my leg and cut me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One time I tossed a DE blade in the trash and later on I pushed the trash down to flatten it a bit, now I have a nasty scar.

Had nothing to do with how easy it is to cut yourself, just wanted to tell my story.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
One time I swallowed my D/E razor and it eviscerated all my internal organs.

HuXESY8.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So I think I got a hold of a box of defective razors.

I've been using Feather razors for a couple years now. I'm currently on my 3rd pack of 100 razors(change my razor every 3 or 4 days). When you buy them by the 100, they come in a big long box filled with 20 5-packs of razors.

The first 5-pack was fine, shaving as normal. I open the 2nd 5-pack and go to shave my head and HOLY FUCK, it just cut the hell out of me. Brand new razor, never used before, and I probably have 20+ cuts on my head(which all bleed like crazy since it's your head). I had to sit with a towel on my head for like half an hour to get it all to stop.

I didn't know what was up, figured I was just being stupid or something, as I do occasionally cut myself. So I go to shave my face the next morning with the same razor and on the very first stroke down my cheek, it feels like a cheese grater on my skin and I'm bleeding in 2 spots. I throw that razor out, open a new razor(from the same 5-pack) and while it didn't feel great, it was "ok" and I cut myself in 2 more spots on my face before I was done. Go to use that same razor the next day...total cheese grater experience again. Try a THIRD blade...same thing.

So I throw out the rest of that 5-pack, open a new one, and everything is silky smooth and back to normal.

WTF? How did one random 5 pack, out of a box of 100 razors, get produced in such a defective manner? And how was it only one pack (or am I going to have more packs like this within this 100-pack) That sucked, not looking forward to more of those.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
after years of trying to fight the machine i've finally accepted that the Gillette razors offer the best combination of shaving ease/time required and quality of shave. yes they're stupidly expensive but i'm done fighting it. all hail our corporate overlords.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
So I think I got a hold of a box of defective razors.

I've been using Feather razors for a couple years now. I'm currently on my 3rd pack of 100 razors(change my razor every 3 or 4 days). When you buy them by the 100, they come in a big long box filled with 20 5-packs of razors.

The first 5-pack was fine, shaving as normal. I open the 2nd 5-pack and go to shave my head and HOLY FUCK, it just cut the hell out of me. Brand new razor, never used before, and I probably have 20+ cuts on my head(which all bleed like crazy since it's your head). I had to sit with a towel on my head for like half an hour to get it all to stop.

I didn't know what was up, figured I was just being stupid or something, as I do occasionally cut myself. So I go to shave my face the next morning with the same razor and on the very first stroke down my cheek, it feels like a cheese grater on my skin and I'm bleeding in 2 spots. I throw that razor out, open a new razor(from the same 5-pack) and while it didn't feel great, it was "ok" and I cut myself in 2 more spots on my face before I was done. Go to use that same razor the next day...total cheese grater experience again. Try a THIRD blade...same thing.

So I throw out the rest of that 5-pack, open a new one, and everything is silky smooth and back to normal.

WTF? How did one random 5 pack, out of a box of 100 razors, get produced in such a defective manner? And how was it only one pack (or am I going to have more packs like this within this 100-pack) That sucked, not looking forward to more of those.

Not sure how they make them. They probably stamp them? So the machine missed a cut, or else there was a bad irregular spot in the roll they were pressing out of. Which would almost never matter, since the odds are that the bad spot is contained in the body and not the edge.

Bad luck.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Is there a comparable alternative to Gillette Mach 3 razors? I notice the degradation of the razor blades after 2-3 full head & face shaves. Feels like planned obsolescence every time I dish out $20 for a blade refill.

Siliconemelons

Random safety razor input

My Dad does wood turning, likes pens and crap- they have a safety razor kit, so he made me a handel of wood and use the kit- it is the best safety razor I have used. The angel is perfect and better than the Harrys and the other one I bought from stores.

But I think I already posted that...

Finally got Gillette blades... better than anything I have been able to pickup in store, from generics by CVS,Walgreens, harry's, the forge ones etc. etc.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Good place I think for this question:

Women of FoH: What shaver do you use for naughty bits?

Men of FoH: If your women shaves(not bald) and uses electric razor please look at it and let me know.

This is a surprisingly hard thing to research. Thank you.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wifes razor, some Gillette has a trimmer on the back of it battery operated. Don't have the full name though

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Good place I think for this question:

Men of FoH: If your women shaves(not bald) and uses electric razor please look at it and let me know.

This is a surprisingly hard thing to research. Thank you.

I looked and it still looks like a Vagina. Anything else?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gf uses the same Gillette razor for her bush as she does her legs. Something pink with soap bars on top/bottom of the blades. Confirmed, still looks like a vagina