Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2022)

Adeptus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"Also got the impression this is gonna be part of the new DCEU since the Peacemaker people showed up at the end. It also had Gal Gadot though so I don't know. Unless they're keeping her around? But they can't because it's a different universe and that'd make Supes/Flash/Aqua canon to the new one...I'm so confused"

You are nearly as confused as DC management.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
no buzz on this film at the local Cracker Barrel. no one has any idea what shazam is. they think its something that gets stains out of laundry

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So I watched this last night. It was bad, just bad...nothing really redeeming about it.

The best part was Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu over the top performance, like they seem to be the only who understood what kind of movie they were in.

I watched The Flash also this week and I thought it was better than this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
So I watched this last night. It was bad, just bad...nothing really redeeming about it.

The best part was Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu over the top performance, like they seem to be the only who understood what kind of movie they were in.

I watched The Flash also this week and I thought it was better than this.
Absolutely.

The Flash deserves all the hate it gets. But I've never been able to make it to the halfway point in either Shazam movie. These things are just so bad.

Caliane

this is on amazon prime now. Efap guys were right on the mark for most of this things failures.

My main thoughts were, so all these people in the museum are dead? is that going to get fixed, or have any payoff? no?
and then nope. these goddess are monsters, and totally get let off for that shit.

moving buildings around.. how powerful is ann? and again are all those people dead?

Billy getting ressurrected. haha. wtf. who WROTE this and thought it was a good idea. literal deus ex machina.

is this movie for kids or not. there were so many people killed. zero pathos on it either. just everyone making jokes over dead bodies. you know for kids.

way overplaying the "billy is a kid". portraying him like its 6years old at best. and even 6 year olds are more coherent.