She-Hulk

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Why are they not dropping all the episodes at once?
Episode one was okay.

A lot of people dissing on Marvel/Disney, but damn; Jessica Jones is still the best thing they have ever done.

This was just lighthearted dopiness that dragged on with the Mexico shit too long. Maybe they will take it in an interesting or intelligent direction. But, if the pilot episode sets the tone, I think they're aiming for strong-smart-chick-is-silly-and-smart-at-same-time GRRRRR!!!!

Ugh. Expectations are low from me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ok.
I know you enough not to build it up.
I was just trying to make things clear and such.... honestly.
Hulk launching a rock into space isnt an answer to her ability to transform and untransform at will or how she hulk clapped Bruce into submission or running him the fuck over with jeep or her demolishing the testing facility or her blood healing Hulk's arm or her ability to be aware in Hulk mode naturally unlike Hulk who had to develop Smart Hulk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Hulk launching a rock into space isnt an answer to her ability to transform and untransform at will or how she hulk clapped Bruce into submission or running him the fuck over with jeep or her demolishing the testing facility or her blood healing Hulk's arm or her ability to be aware in Hulk mode naturally unlike Hulk who had to develop Smart Hulk.
She is different from him...
He is not THE HULK... as we know it.
He is this smart hulk version or whatever which is the worst of both worlds... clearly not as smart as banner... clearly not as strong as hulk...
Still shown to be much stronger than her.

She is not burdened by this other alter ego... its just her...
And plus she is a woman... known to be more flexible and lithe...
And that is exactly what she showed to him... when it came to strength... guess what? even this meager version o the hulk could throw a fucking rock outside the earths atmosphere.
This is it for our discussion, I don't think you will take it... but I will leave it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She is different from him...
He is not THE HULK... as we know it.
He is this smart hulk version or whatever which is the worst of both worlds... clearly not as smart as banner... clearly not as strong as hulk...
Still shown to be much stronger than her.

She is not burdened by this other alter ego... its just her...
And plus she is a woman... known to be more flexible and lithe...
And that is exactly what she showed to him... when it came to strength... guess what? even this meager version o the hulk could throw a fucking rock outside the earths atmosphere.
This is it for our discussion, I don't think you will take it... but I will leave it.
"she is a woman" exactly.
die-hard-john-mc-clane.gif

• 1Clown World
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This is the first MCU project my son has no interest in. He loves this shit so much he even watched Ms Marvel and didnt hate it, said it was kind of interesting because of the different culture. But this thing, he just shakes his head and he's like "I dunno, I've read things..."

So damn proud

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck off with the Tim Roth slander.
Nah, you misunderstood. I love Tim Roth. I meant the bar was set so low by what we saw in episode 1 that him carrying the show isnt going to be all the great of a stretch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

we need affirmative action for IMDB scores
IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes have already destroyed their own ratings systems by culling reviews. There are more fake positive reviews on IMDB than there are trolls. I think most people acknowledge that the production companies are having staff prop up their projects with fluff reviews the second they're released.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I 100% understand and agree everyone's take here on this show. I literally was hearing that song play in my head toward the end of the episode, 🎶"Everything you can do, I can do betteeeeer!" 🎶

But... don't be too hasty on judgment.

My prediction: Keeping in mind that MCU's ultimate goal lately has been to try to "teach" the viewer something different (through a somewhat woke lens, of course), I think by the end of this particular series it'll be BOTH her and Bruce coming to a mutual understanding that they both had something to learn from each other... that he was right that she needs discipline in controlling her anger and not hulking out during inopportune moments in addition to him telling her that she's now a superhero and that takes some understanding as to the gravitas of that fact, and that she was right that she could balance being a superhero with also having a normal life as a lawyer, which is HER passion.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Things moving along nicely, wonder where the stuff they're showing about Banner will lead to. Secret Invasion?

Though ep2 was decent, given the tone set in ep1. Like Ms. Marvel, just a different feel/vibe to the show that isn't for everyone.

• 1Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
One of my biggest issues with the first episode, that I haven't really seen mentioned, is the entire last scene. There was absolutely no point to someone busting into the courtroom. Maybe it will be explained later, but besides not having a reason for it...the writing was horrible. It was so bad that I was trying to make excuses for it like...maybe her co-worker set up the event to get publicity for their practice? I dunno...I still want the show to be good, but the first episode was one of the worst things from Marvel Studios.

I don't know...I'm not allowed to dislike this episode without hating women though, apparently.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
One of my biggest issues with the first episode, that I haven't really seen mentioned, is the entire last scene. There was absolutely no point to someone busting into the courtroom. Maybe it will be explained later, but besides not having a reason for it...the writing was horrible. It was so bad that I was trying to make excuses for it like...maybe her co-worker set up the event to get publicity for their practice? I dunno...I still want the show to be good, but the first episode was one of the worst things from Marvel Studios.

I don't know...I'm not allowed to dislike this episode without hating women though, apparently.

In one of the news reports in the background of EP2, I think it said she was a Superpowered Influencer fleeing traffic court.

spronk

FPS noob
second episode was better when we just saw Jen being bemused by all the weird shit going on around her, but the humor and writing on the show are still pretty mediocre. Its not horrible, but its not good either.

Tim Roth was great, I guess the cage fight stuff at the end was out of Shang Chi? The family stuff was ok. The CEO lawyer guy isn't great, he seems out of a network TV show and doesn't seem passionate about anything. I bet he's probably a Skrull.

The most hilarious thing is the obvious time the show is going "FUCK WE ARE SPENDING TOO MUCH ON CGI, DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET HUMAN ACTORS IN HERE". Constantly shifting her back and forth to save money.

Definitely liked it better than the first episode, but its clear at this point this is basically MCU's version of a CW show. Minimal superhero stuff, cringe humor, vague remarks to other characters and IPs, and nothing really important is gonna happen in the show, at all. Which is fine, but also means you will miss absolutely nothing if you skip it. Episode is also insanely short, it clocks in like 21m if you take out the credits and stuff.

The Hulk scene is either a setup for Secret Invasion (Fury's D+ show) or the rumored World War Hulk D+ show.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes have already destroyed their own ratings systems by culling reviews. There are more fake positive reviews on IMDB than there are trolls. I think most people acknowledge that the production companies are having staff prop up their projects with fluff reviews the second they're released.
Internet reviews/rating haven't been reliable since Armond White was included in the RT score. Been on the most predictable bottomed out slide since then. Hell, they were review bombing Xenoblade 3 in both directions when it came out. Stupid people on the internet spamming 1/10 or 10/10 is never helpful, doesn't matter which it is.