Sheets/Bedding

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've settled into it. Back issues are gone now and it sleeps well. No heat issues and it's comfortable. I don't know if it's the greatest mattress ever but it's definitely a good mattress after it's broken in.

Alpha

Bronze Knight of the Realm
can we get some updates on how you guys are doing with those new mattresses? thanks.
So I returned the Optimum and now have the Loom and Leaf relaxed firm. This mattress is great, the surface is really soft to the touch but still on the firm side as you don't sink in too far which makes for a good balance. It also sleeps a lot cooler than the optimum, I'm now sleeping under the covers instead of having my legs kicked out in every fucking direction trying to get air. We got the King for $1400, but beware; the site has a few addons which rack up the price. You could easily get away with just getting the mattress and throwing it on the floor until you get a foundation bed to put it in. I prefer foundation beds vs box springs and a frame, it just looks much better.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Wife found a really good deal on a 4" topper so we got one of those last week (like over 50% off when it was all said and done). Let it air out a couple of days then put it on Sunday night. Sleep is always an issue for me. Brain won't shut off, constantly shifting positions to get comfortable, waking up all the time. I still need to get used to it a bit, but those last two points don't seem as bad as before. Wife even said I didn't move around as much as evidenced by her not needing to have a death grip on the covers (I steal covers in my sleep).

I usually sleep a good 10-11 hours into Sunday, likely a result of not so much good sleep during the week. We'll see if this helps breaks the cycle.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I've settled into it. Back issues are gone now and it sleeps well. No heat issues and it's comfortable. I don't know if it's the greatest mattress ever but it's definitely a good mattress after it's broken in.
What kind of base do you have for your mattress? One thing I found that was critical for memory foam mattresses is a completely solid base. No boxspring, no slats-- nothing that in any way that can "give" under the mattress' weight. I bought a Tempur-pedic with a platform bed and it was awful for months until I learnt that it wasn't meant to be put on top of slats. Changed them out for a solid base and it was like I had a totally different mattress-- literally a miraculous change.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have experience with purple mattresses? Seems to be the new casper and more expensive to boot. Seems like they got a lot more flex in them them then casper or t&n. Totally eyeing it since I am a side sleeper and need that extra flex. But thinking maybe a plain regular mattress may do the job just as well and cheaper.

Purple® Official Store to Buy Purple Mattresses, Bed and Seat Cushions
I've heard amazing things online about Purple Mattress, most saying it sleeps different than the Casper but in a good way. I have a Casper but wish I went with a Ghost Bed instead as it sleeps a little softer. I'd say you can't go wrong with Purple, Casper, or Ghost bed

Check out SleepSherpa for some reviews.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a couple shredded memory foam pillows because they were cheap and worth a try. Great for side sleeping.Littlestiff for my taste for back sleeping, but not bad. Not great for stomach sleeping. Or the weird hybrid stomach/side sleep I do.

Hasn't been hot enough yet to judge if they stay cool, but I haven't been sweating them up or anything.