Shenmue III

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
i-MhCLV9s-1050x10000.jpg

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I cannot fucking wait to get a blue collar job and make a decent wage for a hard day's work in full 1080p HD. Fuck I love Shenmue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heh, they're not wrong. Both in regards to the games sounding dumb and pointless when someone tries to explain what they were like, and in them actually being incredible for their time.

Since then, we've gotten the Yakuza games, which are similar in many ways, but have a decent fighting engine where Shenmue had an overabundance of QTEs. Shenmue 3 will need to evolve to still be a great game in 2017, but I have faith that Yu Suzuki will be able to do that.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Heh, they're not wrong. Both in regards to the games sounding dumb and pointless when someone tries to explain what they were like, and in them actually being incredible for their time.

Since then, we've gotten the Yakuza games, which are similar in many ways, but have a decent fighting engine where Shenmue had an overabundance of QTEs. Shenmue 3 will need to evolve to still be a great game in 2017, but I have faith that Yu Suzuki will be able to do that.
I honestly feel bad for people who missed it when it came out. Its hard to explain what made it great and if you didn't play it then, you'll probably never understand. That ship has pretty much sailed. I still have my dreamcast hooked up to a CRT TV with a Shenmue disc in it and I haven't replayed it in a few years.

Szlia

Since then, we've gotten the Yakuza games, which are similar in many ways, but have a decent fighting engine where Shenmue had an overabundance of QTEs.
In Yakuza though, the evolution of time is dependent on the evolution of the main storyline. That diminishes the "virtual life" aspect that is found in Shenmue. Also, while one of the strength of the Yakuza games is that their stories are commentaries on japanese society and as such have a connection with reality that, sadly, very few games have, Yakuza is a lot more colorful and over the top than Shenmue, a game focused on the mundanely realistic.

Szlia

You are wrong. Shenmue II was released on Xbox.

I also suspect you are wrong about a lot of other things in your life.

• 1Like

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You are wrong. Shenmue II was released on Xbox.

I also suspect you are wrong about a lot of other things in your life.
but it was on dreamcast, thats what im referring to you dumb fucking American Inventor, I HAVENT HEARD OF THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE SINCE DREAMCAST.

I never said there was no other games to come out since then, why are you so fucking retarded?

I literally made a statement that i have not heard of this shitty game series since dreamcast, and guess what im not wrong! cause thats the last time i heard about this shitbox series, so go fuck yourself and try to jump someone else.

Nobody said part 2 was never released, people need to learn to fucking read seriously.

• 1WTF

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
You are mad as fuck right now. Perhaps you need to play a nice game of lucky hit or spend a few relaxing hours behind the wheel of a forklift.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I like where this is going. Were there a lot of paranoid retards in Shenmue t(w)o(o)?