Sherlock

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It may have the hallmarks of moffat on both shows , but you really cant say moffat embodies Dr Who. And i always felt dr who was partly sherlock holmes.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Both shows from episode 1 are about an incredibly intelligent yet crazy person and his Companion "running". Long before Moffat did either show, Doctor Who borrowed heavily from Arthur Conan Doyle. The Master was also based on Moriarity, being the Doctor's equal and opposite. I think at least Moffat added some new twists with the character in this show.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
It's all gone dark... Something's coming... Or someone. Details at 2.21pm tomorrow. #221back #Sherlock
Sherlock - #221back (BBCOne) on Twitter

*tomorrow being today

*update*
At exactly 2.21pm today, the BBC revealed that Sherlock would return for a special episode, followed by three new episodes. Shooting of the special will begin in January 2015, with the series shooting later in the year
It's going to be a long wait.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad to hear they are finally going to start filming. Didn't expect the "special episode". Hopefully it will be enough to hold us over until the new season.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That means the new season is starting 2016 or later? Jeez . We probably will be lucky to get that special by christmas of 2015

spronk

FPS noob
Both will film next year, however, with the special going into production in January, the series later in 2015. If Martin Freeman is to be believed, the special will air at Christmas 2015, and so it seems reasonable to expect that the series will follow at some point in 2016. Summer, perhaps? That would be in step with the scheduling of the first two series.

so yeah long wait

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Definitely worth the wait though. Rather them do it right than churn out shit. Moffat is a busy boy. I guess they all are these days.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
BBC released a new photo teasing Sherlock?s upcoming special episode, which EW first confirmed will indeed actually take place during the Victorian era (thus, the throwback clothes and Martin Freeman?s rather spectacular hipster stash).

No premiere dates for the special, or for season 4, have yet been revealed, though the one-off special is presumed to be airing around the holidays in the UK.
rrr_img_102710.jpg

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't believe i'm just finding out about this show now. 10/10 so far.

2 gripes. SH should be way more into drugs and M was way to manic.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One of the best shows of the past decade. Really looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
seriously. freeman and cumberbatch are awesome together, the writing is spectacular, and their takes on arther conan doyle's work is inspired. i'm somewhat bemused with how season 3 ended, i won't spoil it but it felt... i don't know. maybe a little forced, maybe a little too dues ex machina'd... i mean it's technically NOT a dues ex machina since it was forshadowed throughout the show, but it was just a little too convenient. but other than that, the wife and i love the show