Sherlock

Noah

Molten Core Raider
my theory was that the blackmail guy was actually a proxy for Mycroft and that he had some type of eye implant / fancy contact lens to feed information to him (I was sorta thinking of that half assed shield show when thinking about that)

it is interesting to know that the guy who plays Mycroft (Mark Gatiss) is the co-creater of the show (with Steven Moffat), a writer for the show, also a writer for Dr Who (which explains the connection to Moffat), and does quite a bit of other work also.

definitely enjoying the series sofar

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
my theory was that the blackmail guy was actually a proxy for Mycroft and that he had some type of eye implant / fancy contact lens to feed information to him (I was sorta thinking of that half assed shield show when thinking about that)

it is interesting to know that the guy who plays Mycroft (Mark Gatiss) is the co-creater of the show (with Steven Moffat), a writer for the show, also a writer for Dr Who (which explains the connection to Moffat), and does quite a bit of other work also.

definitely enjoying the series sofar
Moffat's son plays young Sherlock.
Watson's wife is played by Watson's wife / partner.
Sherlock's parents are played by Sherlock's parents.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While I really like this show, s3 resolution felt far fetched, especially when mind palace mastermind villain could be arsed enough to let someone come in his B&O designed dungeon with a firearm. Come on, "everything's in my head but you just can't shoot me" ? I'm looking for s4 anyway.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This season was definitely the worst so far. It wasn't popular here, but the second episode was by far my favorite episode this season. The first season and the first episode of the second season have been the best so far. Hoping season four - if we get it - gets better.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
The issue with that ending was the gun. No one took the risk of trying to get the information, thus they all thought the information existed. Sherlock figured out the mind palace part at the cafe. Killing= getting rid of all information.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
The issue with that ending was the gun. No one took the risk of trying to get the information, thus they all thought the information existed. Sherlock figured out the mind palace part at the cafe. Killing= getting rid of all information.
Sherlock wouldn't hand over the laptop if anyone else was present - otherwise Magnussen's security people could have simply snatched it off them the minute they arrived. So Magnussen takes the risk of meeting them on his own, but to him it isn't much of a risk because he's dealing with Brits and he thinks they won't do anything - after all he peed in the fireplace with no consequences, people don't carry guns in the UK, and Sherlock and Watson are good guys famous for using brain rather than brawn.

The consequences of Sherlock's actions were after all going to be terminal for Sherlock, so Magnussen wasn't expecting that. The program is echoing the similarity between Sherlock and Moriarty in that both are willing to commit suicide to win.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
How could some of you miss the brilliance of the final ep?

Magnusson knows everything. He knows Sherlock is a "good guy" or on the "Side of Angels" as Moriarty put it. He had it all figured out, and never would expect Sherlock to kill him in cold blood. By Sherlock killing him that way he has now sunk to the level or Moriarty even if he justifies it for the Greater Good. That's the whole reason Moriarty has returned. And we can expect him to have some fun with that.

I say BOO to you philistines who are poo-poo'ing this season and this ep. It just keeps getting better and better.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The last episode was almost perfect. I can't stand it when John's wife comes onscreen though. She is odd looking and I just don't like how most Brit shows handle the romantic love angle, jaded American I guess.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Magnusson knows everything. He knows Sherlock is a "good guy" or on the "Side of Angels" as Moriarty put it. He had it all figured out, and never would expect Sherlock to kill him in cold blood. By Sherlock killing him that way he has now sunk to the level or Moriarty even if he justifies it for the Greater Good. That's the whole reason Moriarty has returned. And we can expect him to have some fun with that.

I say BOO to you philistines who are poo-poo'ing this season and this ep. It just keeps getting better and better.
I don't think Sherlock was that cold blooded though. We are talking about a guy who has no compunctions about subverting the will of the British people through their elected officials. In a sense, he is at war with the United Kingdom and many other nations because he sees his desires as primary in all instances. In that sense, Sherlock just dropped the nuke that ended the war.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
I'm not going to try to spell his name, but the actor who plays Sherlock is carrying the show. As for story writing, it's becoming a little Dr Whoish.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sherlock holmes precedes dr who by 80 years and Cumberbatch while good is by no means carrying the show. Martin Freeman is doing an excellent job as Watson