should we remove nets

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
sounds racist

where are the black nets?
Don't be racister... Black nets were covered:

rrr_img_53453.gif

Grimsark

If they are not removed, then at the very least make then a limited commodity so they are worth something when given. I don't pretend to know exactly how much is enough, but I'd venture a guess that a free market system where each member earns a free net they can spend every month, so long as they are an active poster (minimum posts a month?) with no active infractions.

- Spending a positive net allows the member to pos or neganother member.

- A hard limit of giving +/-1 net a month per member, to another member. (Regardless of exchange rate)

- Giving a net (pos or neg) allows the giver to post an anonymous feedback on the users reputation, as normal. (So others can understand why it was done)

- Giving apositivenet removes 1 positive net from the giver, and adds 1 positive net to the receiver.

- Giving anegativenet destroys itself and one of the receivers positive nets. Permanently. (Giving consecutive negative nets within28 daysof each other, between the same members, doubles in cost each time they are given. That way -net harassment should be minimized, unless the giver finds the cost worth it.)

-There are no negative net balances. If your balance is ZERO, it means you wait X days for your next monthly +net.

- This should keep net inflation in check and make positive nets 'mean' something.

Though I could be wrong...

I would suggest offering a forum store where +nets can be spent on vanity items. Assuming there isn't already one. I rarely venture out ofScreenshotsandGame, Web, Software Development.

Edit: The cost doubling within 28 days, seems a bit superfluous considering the -net limit per month. But its to prevent -net stacking at the beginning/ending of calendar months. Seemed simplest.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
nets only have value if you give a shit what other people think
given a choice tween 50 nets or 50 napkins from wendy's , will take the napkins , can wipe me arse with the napkins with the nets . not so much

Grimsark

nets only have value if you give a shit what other people think
given a choice tween 50 nets or 50 napkins from wendy's , will take the napkins , can wipe me arse with the napkins with the nets . not so much
Agreed. Which is why I suggested a vanity store. Perhaps allowing people custom titles, avatars, etc...
Besides, there are a lot of people here that seem to care about there nets. Or this topic wouldn't exist.

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
until the christmas feel good giveaway....I was perplexed by my number of posts to nets ratio....i would have thought that someone who consistantly posts to the PGT would have more +nets, I only neg...when negged, I feel anyone who negs for the sake of negging is a DICK, I +net when that which is posted I find enjoyable...get me back to my 20 +nets, i had before xmas giveaway....then only +net me if you like what i post.....even if it has to do with my addiction to STD ridden heroin whores

Grimsark

The next baby boom of alt accounts? Tyen would smell this and come running I would think.
I would guess that you would need to wait at least a month for your first free +net, and then as noted you would only get it if you had a minimum number of non-removed posts that month.
Not perfect, but it would make abusers a bit more obvious.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It some some shit Tyen tried back on FoH. You could click a small picture of Picard or Worf to rate someones post. It was very short lived.
I see, Picard and Worf replace positive and negative, but no one knows which is which. This idea has some merit. But instead of only two choices, it should be four, and instead of Picard and Worf, it should be the Golden Girls.