should we remove nets

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I said on the old board that i thought nets were a bullshit idea when they were introduced, which would result with people constantly whining about their nets and trolls trolling harder in order to get massive neg counts.

I didn't follow the net drama on this board until i just read this thread and i just learned apparently people can now net the same person multiple times and mods flipped large net numbers here and there? I didn't think that shitty concept could be made worst, I was wrong, well played rerolled team.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Simple solution : ban every netsmas thread posters since that thread was basically rickshaw with garlands. Faith restored, community protected, people who don't give a fuck about nets unharmed.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do we even need a +/- system for? I can see for myself if a post is stupid or decent, I don't need a system to tell me what to expect from a poster.

Upvote posts, not people. Nets is the technical implementation of ad hominem.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Make nets anonymous again so people won't be afraid to neg
This is pretty much it. Every message board is running a rep system these days but different communities will have different approaches that work best for them. Anon worked better here, you see now almost everyone seems to be strongly positive even before the xmas thread. There seems to be far fewer people with negative totals compared to FoH. Wipe everyone clean and start over.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING THINGS THAT I DID NOT APPROVE OF. THIS MUST BE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nets made me a better poster. Not great by any means but I stop and think before replying now. OTOH there have been a few who have seriously embraced the Xbox live level of trollishness that I actually decided to block all of their posts. First time I ever had to do that.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is pretty much it. Every message board is running a rep system these days but different communities will have different approaches that work best for them. Anon worked better here, you see now almost everyone seems to be strongly positive even before the xmas thread. There seems to be far fewer people with negative totals compared to FoH. Wipe everyone clean and start over.
Anon netz didn't work either. I had like two dozen negs on FoH that were unrelated to the post and just said "nazi".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Anon negs is for chickenshits. If you dont like what somebody posted then be a man and say so. We are all anon here already adding another level anon to it just so we can throw the doodoo and the poopoo at someone with impugnity is lame as fuck.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Sounds like the system is getting scrapped entirely? So don't have to worry about anon negs. I hope he means it because I would love to see how discussions go without people caring about some silly fucking number.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah thats tuco trolling. That wasnt a serious poll. Had no end date, had a small amount of votes. He just restored people's nets after draegan went all jerkstore so i doubt he is going to remove everyone's nets .

Nets mean fuckall till everyone agrees on acceptable and unacceptable protocol. Its become common place to post gifs in fsr. Let alone the amount of sauce faggots and the mass amount of people that post in the fsr and animated gif without an obligatory. Rustles my jimmies something fierce. Almost no one negs for these things anymore, I used too but now its just a waste of time. Even though the gems in response like these almost made it worth while

Thread: The Pretty Girl Thread
FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKER
11-19-2013 11:26 PM
Picasso
Thread: Funny, Strange, Random Pics
for being an anal retentive faggot
12-08-2013 08:44 PM
Araysar
tumblr_lx11p8MnJy1qlkly8.gif

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Tuco is not trolling. The system is being removed on New Year's.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
based on what? a poll thats only been up a few days and is around 50/50 for/against?
81 people voted no and 84 voted yes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do you actually care about nets now chuk?
i care in the sense that i am helping peeps over in the netsmas thread and others are doing the same, then draegan comes along and is a dick by wiping it out, tuco fixes it and now hes going to be a bigger dick by taking it all away? yeah i care when it comes to the effort a bunch of us put into helping people out. people are so offended by my netsmas thread, then close the thread down if it made certain people feel less endowed somehow that somebody they hate has more (insert arbitrary number) than them. the whole point of my thread was to get everyone squared away for next year. not to help people only to have some mod decide he is going into asshole mode and taking it all away because he feels like it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Of course he does. He came up with a way to get a shitload of them like that somehow makes him not usually a shitposter.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
The system is broken chuk. Your thread didn't break it, but it did showcase one of the problems with it. The system wasn't suppose to encourage circlejerks for people to get high numbers who didn't deserve them. It also encouraged certain people to gang up and neg bomb people they don't like. The FoH setup sucked too, but our current system is a total cluster fuck. People in the netsmas thread should of seen this coming honestly.

Edit: I joined in on that thread simply to help the problem along. Sooner or later it was going to be a total joke. With people sitting at +1000 or more. Maybe this way something that actually works comes along. I am okay with them just vanishing too though. It was a old FoH joke that lasted way longer then it should have.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i never asked anyone for nets, i already had a good amount of them when i started netsmas. i started that thread because i had a miserable thanksgiving weekend and this board was really the only highlight of that whole thing, there was that kentucky thread which was highly entertaining and our one year anniversary was coming up. so i thought it would be nice to give something back. so every day for the last 17 days i have been setting my clock to the last time i used up all my nets and i give out free netsmas cheer. which i still enjoy doing and if people all stopped giving them to me i would still do so. i was sending nets to people who have negative nets and even if they wanted to nets me it would make no difference, i was still just as happy to see people returning the favor whther it affected my numbers or not. the problem most people seem to get a clot in their vagina syrup about is that its doing so well.