Shroud Of The Avatar - Shit Went Persistent

Vitality

HUSTLE
Left click drag is camera free look (in most games) guys.. come on.

Mouse controlled character turning is a must for me, I'm not a keyboard turner.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Left click drag is camera free look (in most games) guys.. come on.

Mouse controlled character turning is a must for me, I'm not a keyboard turner.
You sound awfully defensive there, hiding something?
rolleyes.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
You sound awfully defensive there, hiding something?
rolleyes.png
I have a lot of things to hide for sure.. I just sincerely hope that this game is not the way I think it is as far as character control for everyone's sake.

** Edit: Upon further investigation it seems the character follows the center of the camera in this game, so forward movement will adjust the characters position to the camera center.

There's a fairly decently sized list of complaints on ingame mouse sensitivity being un-adjustable and character turning reacting poorly to camera positioning causing for a very sluggish feel. This indicates software mouse, which is shit in every game.

I really hope they implement hardware mouse and character turning fixed on right click instead of camera position before they ship this. That sounds like FFXIV all over again.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Is this game even remotely playable yet? I tried it out like 6 months ago or so and it looked and felt like pre alpha, with nothing much to do but clunk around town.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
New release tomorrow that will include most of the pledge rewards, so we'll see. Prior to this there was only a few days worth of content really, at most, so I doubt they've added a ton more, but I don't really expect it either. Can test a bunch of shit with just a few dungeons and outdoor maps, no reason to show us everything before release.

They are easily over 6 months from release I'd say, with it possibly not even releasing this year, although that's entirely my guess, not based on anything I can quote. I'm pleased with the progress nonetheless, there are tangible advancements every month without the massive bloat of something like Star Citizen where they seem to want to include everything including the kitchen sink.

Crazily

N00b
New release tomorrow that will include most of the pledge rewards, so we'll see. Prior to this there was only a few days worth of content really, at most, so I doubt they've added a ton more, but I don't really expect it either. Can test a bunch of shit with just a few dungeons and outdoor maps, no reason to show us everything before release.

They are easily over 6 months from release I'd say, with it possibly not even releasing this year, although that's entirely my guess, not based on anything I can quote. I'm pleased with the progress nonetheless, there are tangible advancements every month without the massive bloat of something like Star Citizen where they seem to want to include everything including the kitchen sink.
In other words, no.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
It's still very basic right now.

Edit: Just downloaded the patch, and there's a cut scene now. Update is pretty nice, the graphical options now actually work for me. They still need to work on the character models though.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So any game with multiplayer is now a MMO?
Multiplayer really implies that a few people are in a game. When you do the online mode in this game, there's hundreds of people running around and grouping up or soloing, which I'd say qualifies as an MMO. You just have the option of playing by yourself if you want to.

I definitely see where you're coming from, since you have the option to play by yourself. But I don't think most people do that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This is far more of an MMO than a single-player game, but then again how many have actually tried it to know that?

We should probably just have a "Games" forum and throw everything into it. And while we're at it, since some of them might be computer based or phone based, we could just throw all the computer build threads and tablet/phone review threads into it too. We could call it "Technology". Technology includes TV and movies, and digital comics, so let's eliminate the entertainment forums. And since some people believe technology is granted to us by the lizard angels, we could integrate religion and politics into it. And football is a religion in Texas, so might as well include sports. Etc.

Why do people give a shit what forum something that maybe sorta fits into multiple categories is in? Ignoring the fact that it is definitely closer to an MMO than not.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I prefer EQ1's old camera system, where I'd have to hit F9 a bunch of times, then arrow keys+ALT and stuff.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is far more of an MMO than a single-player game, but then again how many have actually tried it to know that?

We should probably just have a "Games" forum and throw everything into it. And while we're at it, since some of them might be computer based or phone based, we could just throw all the computer build threads and tablet/phone review threads into it too. We could call it "Technology". Technology includes TV and movies, and digital comics, so let's eliminate the entertainment forums. And since some people believe technology is granted to us by the lizard angels, we could integrate religion and politics into it. And football is a religion in Texas, so might as well include sports. Etc.

Why do people give a shit what forum something that maybe sorta fits into multiple categories is in? Ignoring the fact that it is definitely closer to an MMO than not.
Don't mind Ag. He's mildly retarded

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Release 15 happened today. They moved the game to the Unity 5 engine. I do think there's been an improvement to the look of the game. Might just be me, though. They still need to re-do the character faces though.