Silicon Valley

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Adderall scene and the scene about jerking off the entire auditorium are the two that define the show

Tolwen

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I couldn't breathe when he said they called him retarded frankenstein. It was so perfect.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I love this show but unfortunately the major cumshot at the end of season 1 has yet to be topped. I keep thinking back to the dick-sucking scene and nothing can be even as close to as funny as it was.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love this show but unfortunately the major cumshot at the end of season 1 has yet to be topped. I keep thinking back to the dick-sucking scene and nothing can be even as close to as funny as it was.
That scene just sticks out because of the finale, the Adderal, Mexican sign ect were just as funny. This season is atleast equal to last season so far. My only gripe is the female trying to mimic the last boss. If they want a funny female, stay with the chick thats trolling everyone.

Does anyone else think of american psycho everytime Belson in on screen? I keep waiting for him to get uncomfortably homo

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Though oddly enough, Hooli CEO Gavin Belson is inspired by Salesforce.com's billionaire CEO Marc Benioff.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think Hooli itself is clearly meant to be Google, but they work in aspects of other companies also.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I always took the characters as Jobs and Gates. In this show Gates died instead of Jobs

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah i definitely get more of a hippy hipster apple vibe than anything else.

iannis

Musty Nester
He's just kinda your generic head up your own ass believe your own bullshit visionary tech guy. I don't get the feeling personally that the Hooli guy is loosely based on either Jobs or Gates. He's probably more loosely based on some amalgam of actual guys that you've never heard of. Like Marc Benioff. Who? I kinda feel like he'd be way more of a dick if he was based on either of those guys. Gates with his strongarm capitalism and Jobs with his oft-remarked messianic aesthetic purism.

I also have a little gripe with the new woman boss trying to mimic the last boss who had the heart attack running away from the rhino. I take it more as a homage, and I'm hoping that they replace her (nothing against the actress... it's just a shit part. She's doing it as well as can be done) by the end of the season.

Gonna have to start calling her VC Pulaski

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Peter Gregory and the new chick are similar, but I think they're also different. Gregory was a socially inept weirdo with out of the box genius ideas. She's just the standard autistic by-the-numbers person. I think she's probably more representative of Silicon Valley itself that Peter Gregory really was.