Silicon Valley

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Basically anything with Jared is absolute magic. Dinesh/Gilfoyle interactions are great, and Erlich has a lot of great scenes. But Jared? Legit hilarious in almost every scene he's in.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I watched this with my ex and she loved it. She's an accountant so I doubt she understood all the tech shit (sometimes I don't, I'm not an engineer or anything), but there's still a lot of hilarious fucking moments. You just need to appreciate dry humor.
I'm curious how funny she found the scene where instead of coming up with an actual plan, they spend all night figuring out the fastest/most efficient way for Elrich to give handjobs to the entire convention? That's one of the funniest scenes in all time tv history for me, but It's such a guy thing I honestly don't know if chicks would appreciate it as much.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm curious how funny she found the scene where instead of coming up with an actual plan, they spend all night figuring out the fastest/most efficient way for Elrich to give handjobs to the entire convention? That's one of the funniest scenes in all time tv history for me, but It's such a guy thing I honestly don't know if chicks would appreciate it as much.
When my wife watched that episode I was worried it was going to ruin it for her. She was dying laughing. She loves the show even more ever since. They did such a good job in that episode of taking something vulgar and making it this clinical nerdy thing just to amuse themselves. They went through great lengths to actually "solve" it also.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The interface being the roadblock to its success would not make any sense at this point because they just showed us this episode that Hooli was at least 2 months out from a barebones beta and had no idea how to even code the neural net or anything else pied piper already has.

They are light years ahead of everyone so even if the UI was almost unusable for the layman they have absolutely no competition AND all the time in the world to fix the interface issues.
I think it depends on how the general population thinks redesigning a UI is in the software world. They clearly have all the options already in their platform so it would be as simple as detecting your file type and setting appropriate defaults. I know it would be trivial and you know it would be trivial but I'm not sure what the guy who works in finance thinks about UI complexity.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oddly enough the ex came over yesterday and we marathoned the current season and considering there's a lot of tech shit I was wondering if she'd find it less funny. She was still cracking up.

I wanted to smack her though cause she actually laughed at that stupid, horrific set of jokes where Richard can't speak properly. Such a cheap, thoughtless joke. She didn't find the horse cum scene funny at all lmfao the look of horror on her face made me crack up even more.

Thoroughly enjoyed Erlich choking on the bong repeatedly though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the first thing I ever saw him in was "She's Out My League." Which I thought he was pretty funny in, nice to see him on his rise.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Laughed at this...
Before writing the episode, Judge and Berg spent a weekend at TechCrunch Disrupt, in San Francisco. "That's the first thing you notice," Judge said. "It's capitalism shrouded in the fake hippie rhetoric of 'We're making the world a better place,' because it's uncool to just say 'Hey, we're crushing it and making money.'" After the scene aired, viewers complained about the lack of diversity in the audience. Berg recalled, "A friend of mine who works in tech called me and said, 'Why aren't there any women? That's bullshit!' I said to her, 'It is bullshit! Unfortunately, we shot that audience footage at the actual TechCrunch Disrupt.'"
Groaned at this...
In a recent episode, Gavin Belson asks his lawyers to invent novel legal strategies that can silence a blogger who has treated him roughly. Again, given the timing, this couldn't have been a response to the legal actions that the provocative venture capitalist Peter Thiel has taken against Gawker, but it certainly felt like one.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For how disappointed I was with last night's GoT I thought this was the best episode of Silicon Valley this year. I was laughing out loud multiple times. I felt Gilfoyle in the coffee shop w/ the jacket was the best scene this season.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
For some reason the combination of Jared crying in the beginning and then later screaming when they were outside really made me laugh. I don't even think the scream was meant to be funny but I couldn't stop laughing.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I cannot believe people didn't like him; I thought he was hysterical in every scene.

qaqmEar.gif

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Erlich is such an idiot. I lost it over the coat thing in the coffee shop. Then fucking Dinesh singing karaoke while wearing it. God damn.

I need Bighead to get a windfall. Gavin being exiled to the roof was awesome. You're not fired, but you can sit on the roof until you decide that moving on might be a better option for you.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The funny thing is Erlich isn't an idiot. He's the most business savvy one in the show.

They make him seem like an idiot but he always pulls through in the clutch. He's also the most sympathetic character in the show.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Gavin and Jack airport scene where you keep thinking they'll fly together, but don't. Hilarious.