Silicon Valley

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Monica's going to be right - the interface was designed by engineers and no one normal is going to be able to use it. Look at that shit Fedor posted lol.
but if its compression software is so groundbreaking then every business will want to have this and it will teach its employees on how to use it? it also seems that somebody would come up with a user friendly mod.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The interface being the roadblock to its success would not make any sense at this point because they just showed us this episode that Hooli was at least 2 months out from a barebones beta and had no idea how to even code the neural net or anything else pied piper already has.

They are light years ahead of everyone so even if the UI was almost unusable for the layman they have absolutely no competition AND all the time in the world to fix the interface issues.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Dropbox looked like pure dogshit to begin with in its beta.

The reality is that it wouldn't be a problem but for the show I could agree that only the engineers liked it and the standard user will not.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Richard pointed out why more bad press was a bad thing. Getting shit on for terribad UI by random shitty tech blogs will be "bad". Also Monica wearing her "bad news" outfit was pretty amusing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah she is a smoke show.

I remember her in early movies a bit younger and I thought she was pretty but now she is gorgeous

Also something weird about hearing the AT&T girl saying "fuck"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
i dont get it, why did bachman sell his shares when he knew that PP was going to go live and most likely be a success? if he is worth millions to billions from it then he can just pay whatever he owes?
My guess is this launch is a failure, and Bachman uses his payout to prop them back up.

This was a solid episode though. Great lines all around.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Big Head has to come back with a ton of money and fund them, the season trailer showed him working with PP again. Either that or Richard doesnt fail for once and has the ability to help a broke Big head

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Jin Yang prank calls, holy shit. Trying to hide on the phone. I was crying.

This show is just too funny. But yeah I agree, the UI is definitely going to be shit for the general public. Why couldn't Monica communicate that more effectively to Richard? "I don't like any of it." Like bitch, help a Wakandan out.

God I'd let her pee on me though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I fell in love with her in Sex Drive.

I gotta be honest though bros, her hairstyle in Silicon Valley. It makes her face look really long doesn't it? It's just kinda long.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
rofl.

the site is fucking hilarious.
How do we do it?

Using our revolutionary "middle-out" algorithm, we find long-range structure in your files to create the most efficient encoding of your data. It's just as exciting as it sounds.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Showed the girlfriend this show and she was kind of meh after the first 2 or 3 episodes, but we stuck with it. I'm guessing because it's kind of nerdy guy oriented, but by episode 5 she was completely hooked. We watched every episode in a week and just restarted from episode one again. I really can't decide who my favorite character or pair of characters are in this show.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Showed the girlfriend this show and she was kind of meh after the first 2 or 3 episodes, but we stuck with it. I'm guessing because it's kind of nerdy guy oriented, but by episode 5 she was completely hooked. We watched every episode in a week and just restarted from episode one again. I really can't decide who my favorite character or pair of characters are in this show.
I watched this with my ex and she loved it. She's an accountant so I doubt she understood all the tech shit (sometimes I don't, I'm not an engineer or anything), but there's still a lot of hilarious fucking moments. You just need to appreciate dry humor.