Silicon Valley

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You can't say Season 4 Episode 1 opening credits. That's lazy as fuck. When did the show do something that made you think "this is fucking retarded"? What specific thing? Like in Dexter, you can say it's when they introduce Angel's shitty babysitting sister who is used as a constant cop-out to handle Harrison while Dexter still does whatever the fuck he wants. And her whole side arc with dating the computer programmer dude. That shit was fucking retarded and when I knew the show was done.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I bet we can pinpoint which of Noble Savage's posts here caused this retarded thread to jump the shark.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You could probably find previous examples but like for me in True Blood it was when they started just bazooka'ing the witch's store. I just turned it off and said "I'm done." That is a jumping the shark moment.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Originally the show was supposed to unwrap slowly with Gavin and Peter Gregory being the old generation (Jobs and Wozniak), and Erlich and Richard being their successors - smart guys who start out as friends and co-inventors but eventually turn into bitter rivals.

That all disappeared when the actor who played Gregory died between s1 and s2, and then Erlich became kinda retarded, Laurie never really fully replaced Gregory, and Richard became a man baby.

TJ Miller standup

Jin Yiang standup

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Originally the show was supposed to unwrap slowly with Gavin and Peter Gregory being the old generation (Jobs and Wozniak), and Erlich and Richard being their successors - smart guys who start out as friends and co-inventors but eventually turn into bitter rivals.

That all disappeared when the actor who played Gregory died between s1 and s2, and then Erlich became kinda retarded, Laurie never really fully replaced Gregory, and Richard became a man baby.

TJ Miller standup

Miller needs to stick to acting, because his stand up is shit.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I bet we can pinpoint which of Noble Savage's posts here caused this retarded thread to jump the shark.

Yeah it was the one where I had an opinion that differed from the herd and it upset the collective dick riding of the show. Since no one could effectively argue against the obvious decline in the shows quality everyone instead started arguing about the nomenclature used. Feel good now chief?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah it was the one where I had an opinion that differed from the herd and it upset the collective dick riding of the show. Since no one could effectively argue against the obvious decline in the shows quality everyone instead started arguing about the nomenclature used. Feel good now chief?

A lot of people said the show has declined. It doesn't make you any less of a blithering retard.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'd say the show 'jumped the shark' when their 3rd chance to get rich all fell apart and they rebooted into a 'new company that will change the world' in exactly the same way for the 3rd fucking time. If you don't feel that was a specific moment, then most definitely when Richard turned down Gavin AGAIN despite having gone down the other road multiple times now and fucking it up every time.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think maybe that's why this show annoys me. "Oh, you want to offer me millions of dollars? Nah, fuck that, I'm going to live in this guy's spare bedroom instead!"

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
It was said best earlier when Richard said no to Gavin (AGAIN) was just another example of missed plot opportunities. (Mentorship, growth, etc.)

It really bugs me they're still in the incubator house after 4 (?) years and no real startup progress was achieved.

Sterling

El Presidente
I think maybe that's why this show annoys me. "Oh, you want to offer me millions of dollars? Nah, fuck that, I'm going to live in this guy's spare bedroom instead!"
Yeah, I don't even think that the seasons are bad in a vacuum, the problem is they're all the exact same basic plot.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Imagine how stale Veep would have gotten if they always kept her as the VP.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To be fair Veep just straight up got funnier as well as time went on. But yeah if she was constantly getting recycled as VP it would have gotten boring.

kudos

<Banned>
To be fair the show reusing the same plot line every season is kind of like how people in Silicon Valley work. One failed start up to the next but it's all the same shit at the end of the day.

Kiki

Log Wizard
As a developer you just hop from company to company, which they do. Dinesh went and worked for periscope, etc. These guys just decided to get together again, but don't most of them live in the house together as well? So that's a pretty reasonable outcome.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
A lot of people said the show has declined. It doesn't make you any less of a blithering retard.

Wow what a faggot level post to make. If that's the level of your game you may want to sit this one out champ. Let the grown folks talk.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
T.J. Miller Slams 'Silicon Valley' Cast For Not Doing Enough To Stop Trump | HuffPost

Hollywood actor T.J. Miller brags about slapping an Uber driver for supporting Trump

It seems the cast of “Silicon Valley,” in Miller’s estimation, failed to live up to this obligation. Just before the 2016 presidential election, he told HuffPost, he spoke with the show’s cast about the campaign. “I asked, ‘How much money did you donate, you Hollywood elites, how much did you donate to Hillary Clinton’s campaign?’ And everybody in the cast said nothing. They hadn’t given a dollar,” he said. “What did they think was going to happen? How had they not joined a fight that they had such strong opinions about?” He noted that despite “not even really being a fan of hers,” he donated the maximum amount permitted to her campaign.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
ok i guess that confirms he is absolutely nuts lol

yeah i'm sure one of the writers who worked on seinfeld from the very beginning is unqualified

The decision to leave “Silicon Valley,” Miller suggested, freed him up to resist President Trump in other ways. “My position [to oppose the Trump administration] became more powerful when I left ‘Silicon Valley,’” he said. “I had more control over the content, the time, the schedule, the everything.” Even “The Emoji Movie,” he argued, was a meaningful step toward encouraging younger audiences to “understand and adopt progressive values.”

step 1: work on the emoji movie
step 2: sound crazy in interviews
step 3: ???
step 4: trump is impeached

Kiki

Log Wizard
What an idiot. Admits he doesn't like Hillary at all, donates maximum to her anyway, then berates the cast of one of the most successful shows on tv, half of which who are Canadian and can't donate anyway? Does he really think them giving a few hundred thousand would have changed the election? Lol.

But, I don't see the part where he brags? The only brag I see is the title of the article.