Silicon Valley

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
And let's not forget her brief appearance as Roz's sister on Frasier, cause damn

2017-07-08 (3).png

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Watching Seinfeld and Laurie was the "Yadda, yadda, yadda" girl. She's aged amazingly well for that episode being 20 years old.

She was smoking hot back in the days of 2 Guys and a Girl.

twoguys_0061.jpg

SV is looking like its jumping the shark. TJ supposedly left the show because he was bored with it?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
^^ that is a terrible picture. Where the fuck do you live that you think she looks sexy in that pic? Meth capital USA?

I'm not saying she's not attractive now but....she looked like she was 40 when she was 20. Luckily for her she'll probably still look 40 when she's 60.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
^^ that is a terrible picture. Where the fuck do you live that you think she looks sexy in that pic? Meth capital USA?

I'm not saying she's not attractive now but....she looked like she was 40 when she was 20. Luckily for her she'll probably still look 40 when she's 60.

GIS doesnt have a lot of pics of a piss poor early 90s sitcom. But she was hot on that show. She played the cunty to the two, that always gets me hard.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Show needs more of the triple comma club, I am in agreement with most in that the show can only go down from the first couple of seasons because they wanna keep resetting shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

She looks really good here:

upload_2017-7-12_11-34-0.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
SV is looking like its jumping the shark. TJ supposedly left the show because he was bored with it?

LOL Be careful with that term in this thread. Even though its 100% accurate some people had trouble coming to terms that this shows better days are behind it. I said the show jumped the shark back after episode 2 or 3 and some folks in this thread had a conniption.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jumping the shark and being past prime are not necessarily the same thing.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Agreed. I feel like jumping the shark is more about completely moving away from the original atmosphere of a show(in a bad way). Silicon Valley is still the same show. It's like exactly the same show every season.

• 1Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>

I disagree. Here is the urban dictionary definiton of jump the shark:

The precise moment when you know a program, band, actor, politician, or other public figure has taken a turn for the worse, gone downhill, become irreversibly bad, is unredeemable, etc.; the moment you realize decay has set in.

While urban dictionary is a questionable source for sure I believe most sources will define "jump the shark" as the point a show has permanently taken a turn for the worse. For everyone else in this thread that wants to define it as something else, well sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are just plain wrong.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jumping the shark requires a precise moment. You can't say "This season is bad and the show has taken a turn for the worse" as "jumping the shark."

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Agreed. I feel like jumping the shark is more about completely moving away from the original atmosphere of a show(in a bad way). Silicon Valley is still the same show. It's like exactly the same show every season.

Your allowed to believe the term means whatever you want, but your definition does not match what popular culture defines.

Tenks

The precise moment when you know a program, band, actor, [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]politician[/bcolor], or other public figure has taken a turn for the worse, gone downhill, become irreversibly [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]bad[/bcolor], is unredeemable, etc.; the moment you realize decay has [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]set[/bcolor] in.

Also here is a writeup on the origin of why it is a popular phrase

https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-term-jumping-the-shark-mean-and-how-did-it-originate

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Your allowed to believe the term means whatever you want, but your definition does not match what popular culture defines.
I'd say my definition is pretty close to what Google puts at the very top when you search it. Sure, it means the precise moment, but the phrase "This show has jumped the shark" means the show reached that precise moment at some point, right?

upload_2017-7-12_14-23-41.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah you need to point to a specific scene or moment. Like Richard fucking himself over by changing dude's background. That was dumb, but that was hardly an irreversible scene or moment.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Jumping the shark requires a precise moment. You can't say "This season is bad and the show has taken a turn for the worse" as "jumping the shark."

The precise moment was the opening credits for season 4 episode 1.........ok I'll be nice season 4 episode 2.

• 1Picard

Tenks

Ok I don't know enough of the specific posters on this forum to know which are just actually really stupid and which aren't. I'm clearly in a discussion with someone actually really stupid. So this is no longer worth my time.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Damn some splitting hairs up in here.

Waiting for someone to tell me that "splitting hairs" isn't what I think it means. GO............

• 1Worf