Silo

Juvarisx

Florida
It's weird I didn't hate the episode which many here did not like. Maybe it was cliché, her almost drowning will play into the lake, and I don't believe that deputy didn't poison the mayor. I liked the touch of having the screen go green before the shutdown which could lead it to either being fake or real (I am still leaning towards real).

It was a standalone episode that showed traits and events that will be important later, including Common who will likely have to make a hard decision based on his son. Sure it didn't have the mystery boxes like the first two did but I am still in on the show itself. It was obvious they were going to fix the generator but it left enough open that her shadow could have died which caused her to stay and go search for the tunnel in the schematic, but her being in a position of power isn't terrible to me either.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
before_en.jpg

after_en.jpg

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
this is barely holding my attention. Shame as the first two episodes were promising. I thought it was going to be a high budget, semi prestige post apocalyptic drama but last two episodes were dull

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This is losing me quickly, maybe the first two eps set up unrealistic expectations but the last two are far too slow…

maybe I missed something but what was the significance of the found file ?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm wrapping up book one and liked it a lot. It's not smashing any new ground but it's a fine little story.

Goonsquad Officer
I'm wrapping up book one and liked it a lot. It's not smashing any new ground but it's a fine little story.
Yea I enjoyed it just being a post apocalypse shelter shake down story without all the absurd 50s-isms fallout constantly smears in your face. Or complete nonsense of their timeline heh

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yea I enjoyed it just being a post apocalypse shelter shake down story without all the absurd 50s-isms fallout constantly smears in your face. Or complete nonsense of their timeline heh

I liked Snowpiercer in general but I really liked that this wasn't like that. It's not all some big allegory or a fairy tale masquerading as science fiction.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I liked Snowpiercer in general but I really liked that this wasn't like that. It's not all some big allegory or a fairy tale masquerading as science fiction.
Yea. For sure. I get tired of didactic, allegorical scifi immediately. If an author teaches me a lesson about modern politics with their story, it's often the last one I read from them. I just want character development In a coherent interesting setting.

When I was on my "read anything I see from kindle" kick, I enjoyed quite a few that were just simple post apoc, scifi, zombie, or suspense mystery. None were amazing, but they were good little stories. I thought of early expanse books in that same vein.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
I gotta say young Jules obviously has terminal ADHD - a fried egg on cast iron is one of the fastest possible things to cook and she still gets bored after less than 4 seconds.

I wonder why they didn't use something like boiling pasta - people get bored and fuck that up all the damn time.

spronk

FPS noob
i just wonder in general how these people are surviving without any sunlight. its been a long time since i've been on a farm but i think chickens need sunlight too.

not a nit pick its a pretty standard scifi trope for people to survive in space, arks, etc without sunlight but i wonder if they are all genetically modified, maybe part of the whole baby thing is some sort of genetic program, or the other million questions about how they aren't mutant freaks by now

ShakyJake

<Donor>
i just wonder in general how these people are surviving without any sunlight. its been a long time since i've been on a farm but i think chickens need sunlight too.

not a nit pick its a pretty standard scifi trope for people to survive in space, arks, etc without sunlight but i wonder if they are all genetically modified, maybe part of the whole baby thing is some sort of genetic program, or the other million questions about how they aren't mutant freaks by now
Artificial light works, but it requires a shit ton of power from what I've read. That is, to grow crops, etc.

• 1Like

nu_11

I havent watched the latest episode. Im gradually losing interest, and would rather wait for FOH to review the rest of the season :)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also, what is up with Common's acting in this? He was fine in Hell on Wheels, but in this he talks in a really slow, stilted way. It's like he's trying to act cool and borderline thuggish, which is odd considering hip hop jogger culture probably got wiped out

ShakyJake

<Donor>
"Wiring this small...". They have computers, so obviously they have semiconductor tech. If they were vacuum tubes the computers would be massive, right?

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Feel Asleep in the middle of this one. Hand to rewind at the end. Last few minutes made it interesting again. Thankfully...

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Feel Asleep in the middle of this one. Hand to rewind at the end. Last few minutes made it interesting again. Thankfully...

I was gonna ask if this episode is worth bothering with. Hardly a ringing endorsement.