Silo

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well you didn't send me a message and quoted me instead so more people see it so spare me your concern trolling.

Early in the book and early in the show the mystery of why people clean is revealed.

i cba to tag Amod

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"Why do they all clean" is a good mystery. Both the book and the show would have been better if they did more with it. It's got an extra layer or two but those bits aren't big revelations as much as they give some additional explanation and context.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I figured the suits and helmets were rigged with poison to kill people after x amount of time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I figured the suits and helmets were rigged with poison to kill people after x amount of time.

Nope. You might eventually get annoyed with me for telling you nope. But... nope.

The story is worth following. It's not mind blowing, but it's good. And it's well written.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m halfway through shift and really losing interest. Learning the backstory of the first book is cool and all but it’s just dragging. Taking a really long time unnecessarily to reveal not a whole lot. Haven’t watched the show, probably will at some point with the wife. I think she would like the first omnibus, not sure about shift though.

Goonsquad Officer
I’m halfway through shift and really losing interest. Learning the backstory of the first book is cool and all but it’s just dragging. Taking a really long time unnecessarily to reveal not a whole lot. Haven’t watched the show, probably will at some point with the wife. I think she would like the first omnibus, not sure about shift though.
Yea I thought shift was stretched out and samey for much of it. I like the conclusion of the whole arc, but it's a slow burn

Juvarisx

Florida
I mean to me yea weather they can go outside or not is a good mystery but the mystery I'm interested in is just kind of forgotten in the show which is a tunnel at the underground lake level. Since clearly no-one can swim IDK how they will address it, but you don't build a tunnel down there without some good reason i should think.

Khane

It is absolutely a slow moving story. I think it's worth finishing but I understand the sentiment.

But the reveals are generally satisfying and a lot of what seems like filler ends up being Germaine to the story as a whole.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Based on the reviews, it seems this show would be better as a binge watch? Ive been waiting for it to wrap up.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Based on the reviews, it seems this show would be better as a binge watch? Ive been waiting for it to wrap up.
All shows are better as a binge watch imo. And I don’t mean like in one sitting, but just being able to watch one every night or every other night is my preferred way to watch a show. I hate waiting a week or two weeks or even worse when shows take a multi-month break. I always just wait until a show season is done to start it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
All shows are better as a binge watch imo. And I don’t mean like in one sitting, but just being able to watch one every night or every other night is my preferred way to watch a show. I hate waiting a week or two weeks or even worse when shows take a multi-month break. I always just wait until a show season is done to start it.

Nah, the issue with binge watching is that all the episodes blur into one. It depends on the show, 24 style cliff hangers made you desperate for next week's episode

Animosity Animosity The issue is that this show isn't very good and every episode is followed by Khane Khane reminding us he's read the books

Khane

A truly legitimate take from Ossoi considering I didn't even comment in this thread about the show until after the 4th episode.

Khane

Oh was that a comment about the show... before the show even aired? My God I'm good

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
no unresolved cliffhangers for s1 at least

i believe its one of Apple TV+'s most popular shows

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Second book

When Jimmy is hiding in the server room he enters the code wrong three times which locks new entries for the day. He then sits in the server room and watches day after day as the guys outside try new codes until they eventually get it. Why the fuck didn’t Jimmy just enter the wrong code three times every morning so they never get the chance to find the right number? I know the kid is ‘only’ 16 but damn that was just stupid. Kids can figure out ways to exploit shit when they’re like 7 or 8, maybe younger. The kid is sitting there day after day doing nothing and he never thought of doing what he already did once? Thought this part was really stupid.

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
Second book

When Jimmy is hiding in the server room he enters the code wrong three times which locks new entries for the day. He then sits in the server room and watches day after day as the guys outside try new codes until they eventually get it. Why the fuck didn’t Jimmy just enter the wrong code three times every morning so they never get the chance to find the right number? I know the kid is ‘only’ 16 but damn that was just stupid. Kids can figure out ways to exploit shit when they’re like 7 or 8, maybe younger. The kid is sitting there day after day doing nothing and he never thought of doing what he already did once? Thought this part was really stupid.
How would he get back in if he did that?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How would he get back in if he did that?
Wasn’t he inside already and punching the code from there? He wasn’t on the other side of the door where they were. He punched it wrong three times from the inside which killed it for the day and they had to leave on the other side of the door to try the next day.