Silo

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i believe the two main chars that carry through the fairly short books are more late 20s/30s so not sure if thats YA or not, but yeah I remember getting more a fallout vibe than Divergent/Hunger games/etc but who knows. The cast seems pretty good and not young weirdos, the main star Rebecca Ferguson - Rose the Hat from Doctor Sleep, Lady Jessica in Dune - is 39 so I don't think its YA.
I guess that's why I was asking based upon the average age of the actors and the trailer. It looks pretty decent, I think I just remember reading about the books themselves on audible and diving into some of the reviews, and I'm pretty certain I remember reading something about it being an adult fiction, I guess I can to maze runner hunger game type shit.

Just don't know anybody else who has read them, and that's why I asked. But she looks interesting and well produced.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I guess that's why I was asking based upon the average age of the actors and the trailer. It looks pretty decent, I think I just remember reading about the books themselves on audible and diving into some of the reviews, and I'm pretty certain I remember reading something about it being an adult fiction, I guess I can to maze runner hunger game type shit.

Just don't know anybody else who has read them, and that's why I asked. But she looks interesting and well produced.

Yeah, Wool was not YA at all except by the definition that goes 'doesn't have hardcore sex scenes in it'.

( YA is a pretty wishy-washy category, mostly based on marketing not content )

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm pretty sure Hugh Howey's previous books was a YA series. Wool definitely was not.

They better not fuck this up.

• 2Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Calling this the next Hunger Games is going to disappoint a lot of people. Not that it's not as good, but I don't think it's the same audience

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Rashida Jones screams made for TV. But the rest of the cast look good to me.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't read the book, but I get a lot of Fallout vibes from the story they're teasing in the trailer.
looks neat.

good books but it does kinda ruin the show a bit, I wish I could go in having not read them

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Majority of reviews quite positive.

I read the first two trilogies. Excellent series and really deserves a good adaption.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed the first 2 episodes, really good cast imo. However I am getting”maze runner” vibes but no maze and minimal running (lots of stair master stuff though)

Looking forward to the next episode.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was getting serious deja-vu vibes the whole of the first episode... until I realized that I had read Wool back in 2020 when it popped up as a recommendation on my Kindle mid-pandemic. The crazy thing is that I had first been looking for a video or a movie as the mental images were so crystal clear in my head.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Havent read the books and didnt spoil myself on the plot and I found this excellent. Wondering if they are poisoning the air in the tanks when they go clean.

At any rate the first two episodes did a great job making me want to watch this week to week instead of waiting till it was over, looking forward to the next one

• 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
This was good stuff, marred only slightly by knowing the story - would have more impact with no spoilers, given how well it was done.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Havent read the books and didnt spoil myself on the plot and I found this excellent. Wondering if they are poisoning the air in the tanks when they go clean.

At any rate the first two episodes did a great job making me want to watch this week to week instead of waiting till it was over, looking forward to the next one
Never read the books but this is the assumption I made.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, acting is fantastic as is the aesthetic/vibe of the set. I love how everything on set is always rounded, it always emphasizes the Silo/underground vibe of the show. VERY slow paced show, which I really like but I wonder how many people will find it way too slow.

Only unbelievable part of the show was Rebecca Ferguson fucking the ugly jewNose guy

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Good to hear it's good. I'm a wool fan.

I've never apple anythinged. Will this show be one I can purchase on like Amazon prime like some other exclusives? Or is apple ultra Jewish about it and you have to subscribe? If so I may wait for the whole thing to be out, and do the one month subscriberoo

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

Also have not read the books. I can't decide if it's poison in the air tanks, or some kind of AR showing a green world to get them to clean the thing because it's so nice outside. I'm leaning towards the first, but the thing that makes me wonder about the second is that when the Sheriff went out the AR didn't show his wifes body, after he takes his helmet off he goes towards her body and actually touches/moves it a bit though.

It's a very compelling story though, very much want to know more.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely loved the first two episodes. I've read the books but forgotten a lot of it, and I'm purposely not refreshing myself because this would definitely be better knowing nothing. Outside of Peacemaker, I can't remember the last show I actually wanted to watch the whole season right now like I want with this one. Invincible maybe.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also have not read the books. I can't decide if it's poison in the air tanks, or some kind of AR showing a green world to get them to clean the thing because it's so nice outside. I'm leaning towards the first, but the thing that makes me wonder about the second is that when the Sheriff went out the AR didn't show his wifes body, after he takes his helmet off he goes towards her body and actually touches/moves it a bit though.

It's a very compelling story though, very much want to know more.
Good instincts. This was one of the biggest plot holes/logical inconsistencies (IMO) in that first book

Mod edit: Please use spoiler tags.

Last edited by a moderator: