Silo

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The entire Silo is hunting you down and trying to kill you, but you take the time to watch the entire love video your dead boyfriend sent you, completely oblivious to everything else (twice!). And the other files that, you know, they're trying to kill you for and would give you answers? Well those can wait!

Watching shows that manufacture drama is a real struggle sometimes.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The entire Silo is hunting you down and trying to kill you, but you take the time to watch the entire love video your dead boyfriend sent you, completely oblivious to everything else (twice!). And the other files that, you know, they're trying to kill you for and would give you answers? Well those can wait!

Watching shows that manufacture drama is a real struggle sometimes.
She didn’t get to see the whole “love video” before being interrupted, and on the 2nd round they had time because hacker boy was spoofing their location.
Plus. She’s a chick in love. Don’t look for logic there. She was looking for who/what killed him primarily, not the secrets of the silo. Deputy jogger even told her so.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It wasn't a "love video" guys.... I mean come on. She was looking for the truth, and information on where to go and what to look for was in that video.

Shes not just looking for who, but more for why. And all of this is part of why.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
This show is definitely keeping me hooked. I can't wait to see what happens next episode. That doesn't happen too often these days.

I feel like showing cracks in the mental armor of Sims gives room for bringing him over to the good side for the sake of his kid. Perhaps being won over by the single page that Billings saved from the book.

They also need to learn to sort by file size. All the juicy files were 100s of MB rather than a couple

Other guess is that the door in the water leads outside somehow and / or Holsten, Allison, and the other cleaners are waiting. Maybe the door is not great and just starts flooding the Silo a level at a time so folks are forced to go outside.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was getting the vibe from Sims's wife that he and her were looking for him to become Mayor for reasons other than just keeping the 10,000 in the Silo safe. Almost got a hint of them actually being "good", but that would be hard to believe after Sims murdered so many people for the Justice department. Some sort of long con good guy bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
As the glitch in the display showed, the bodies are missing. I suspect that the people sent out to clean are knocked out via some sort of gas in their suits, then a crew comes in and gets them. Remember, the original sheriff's wife said she would come back if she was right. She did not, and I'm guessing she was prevented from doing so. So, if I'm correct, then whoever is on the outside is in on whatever's going on in the Silo. Probably some controlled experiment that has been going on for whoever knows how long.

Not spoilering this because I have no idea. Never read the books, just guessing from what we've seen thus far.

• 1Like

Noah

Molten Core Raider
they open the door to discover their silo is just one of many inside of a super silo and xzibit is there and says yo dawg i put a silo in your silo

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I was getting the vibe from Sims's wife that he and her were looking for him to become Mayor for reasons other than just keeping the 10,000 in the Silo safe. Almost got a hint of them actually being "good", but that would be hard to believe after Sims murdered so many people for the Justice department. Some sort of long con good guy bullshit.

she is the new Silo Diversity and Inclusion coordinator and she and Common have a long term plan of opening the borders and introducing mutant immigration reform to ensure the Silo is 50% cannibal holocaust mutants and 50% trans black womyn

Noah

Molten Core Raider
the fun alternative idea is like one of the vaults in fallout new vegas: they are told to follow this oppressive system and as long as they go along it means they are not worthy to go out

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
As the glitch in the display showed, the bodies are missing. I suspect that the people sent out to clean are knocked out via some sort of gas in their suits, then a crew comes in and gets them. Remember, the original sheriff's wife said she would come back if she was right. She did not, and I'm guessing she was prevented from doing so. So, if I'm correct, then whoever is on the outside is in on whatever's going on in the Silo. Probably some controlled experiment that has been going on for whoever knows how long.

Not spoilering this because I have no idea. Never read the books, just guessing from what we've seen thus far.
So, this is a stupid nitpick, but I pointed it out when it happened. There is the other option.

The bodies are only gone in the green colorful world is good version, which could also be the altered version. They see everything is green and full of life so it makes them want to clean. When the Sheriff dies after taking off his helmet he falls on his wifes body and it movies, which is either an insane oversight in filming (not impossible), or the body is actually still there and the dark dreary world is the real one. To me that's the more believable scenario, and also the one that requires less malice and people knowing. It means you aren't messing around with poison gas at all in the Silo.

I think the story is far less about the outside world being possibly alive, and more about how did we get here, why are we here, and what is really going on inside.

Edit: Although, that dark dreary world could just be another level of the Silo in essence where the level is poisoned and there is still further outside world.

spronk

FPS noob
for some bizarre reason Apple TV+ has put the first episode on twitter. Not youtube, twitter

the way cinema was meant to be seen, on a little tiny screen (yeah yeah I know fullscreen but most people use twitter on their phone)

Oldbased

> Than U
for some bizarre reason Apple TV+ has put the first episode on twitter. Not youtube, twitter

the way cinema was meant to be seen, on a little tiny screen (yeah yeah I know fullscreen but most people use twitter on their phone)
Remember when Elon bought Twitter and Apple almost pulled the app?
Then Elon met with them and as well added all sorts of stuff such as full length video capability.
Now here we are, I am watching the 1st Episode on Twitter ( which works and sounds great btw )
Apple isn't perfect but they are better than Google/YT.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm very happy with how that turned out. Best adaptation of a book series since GoT season 1 I think.

( Not saying anything on relatively quality of book/show - just that show managed to capture all the good of the book, while adding compelling acting and a fantastic set design. )

Thumbs up from me, will look forward to more if they make it.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So, I don't really want answers to this from book readers.

Looks like I was right, it's the helmet that was the AR, and the air outside is the actual poison. Although it seems like they intentionally don't normal seal the suit well, so even if they didn't take off the helmet they would die?

Also, is that a bunch of Silo's? I didn't rewind or pause or anything, but it looked like that could be the case. Meaning the door on the bottom probably leads to another Silo? That's pretty spicy if that's it.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
yes it was hundreds of silos, and I think the key marked "18" that Bernard always carries and uses, which we were led to believe meant floor 18, is actually marked such because they are Silo 18.

The bottom door must lead to other silos, because it definitely doesn't lead outside as we can see.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Pretty cool ending, I enjoyed this one and will look forward to the next season. That is if I don’t cave and read the books first