SimCity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
8ePVRxi.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
that shit is asian penis small
I would be willing to bet that the Execs told the Devs to come up with an idea that wouldnt scream Always Online because of Digital Rights Management. This order likely came in the middle of development for the game. At this time, the map size was the size of what is now known as a region. Giving the benefit of the doubt to the Developers, they probably tried to use that bigger City Size first. Coming up with several ideas on how to merge them into something resembling a map. They soon realized that the game they had been working on for so long would have its System Requirements jacked up if they went this route. Hence, the single core and low memory usage. Which we could probably guess is perfect system requirements to run just one entire "region." After some bitching from the Execs, they finally landed on what is now what we know about the game to reach the most amount of people, with the lowest system requirements that is always online for the DRM. A plausible scenario in this Game Studios case.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
The sad thing is that a lot of people will pay for this trash.

Yay we're getting less features than a game from 1989!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I would be willing to bet that the Execs told the Devs to come up with an idea that wouldnt scream Always Online because of Digital Rights Management. This order likely came in the middle of development for the game. At this time, the map size was the size of what is now known as a region. Giving the benefit of the doubt to the Developers, they probably tried to use that bigger City Size first. Coming up with several ideas on how to merge them into something resembling a map. They soon realized that the game they had been working on for so long would have its System Requirements jacked up if they went this route. Hence, the single core and low memory usage. Which we could probably guess is perfect system requirements to run just one entire "region." After some bitching from the Execs, they finally landed on what is now what we know about the game to reach the most amount of people, with the lowest system requirements that is always online for the DRM. A plausible scenario in this Game Studios case.
Very plausible indeed. There just isn't enough depth to simcity to warrant such small city and region sizes

Flexo_sl

shitlord
The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for pre-ordering "SimCity" for PC. Your purchase has entitled you to access the SimCity beta for PC, available from 6:00am PST 2/16/13 until 6:01am PST 2/17/13.
Another Beta.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I imagine so based on the message being from the Amazon Video Games team thanking him for pre-ordering...

hard to type that without sounding sarcastic
smile.png

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Boo. Didn't realize being in the last test didn't get you into this one.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So watching the streams, I think I am going to buy. Looks interesting enough connecting cities and doing regions

Though still don't like the non-streamless connections to other cities. Also from what I saw the regions themselves have huge gaps between cities. Really wish you could fill in entire region.

Was watching one guy and he kept trying to get the 37k population upgrade but zombies attacked the first time and 2nd time a earthquake hit :p

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Tiny maps, always online requirement, shallow systems, poor technology utilization... this doesn't sound like SimCity, more like... SimSHITTY!... am I right... am I right. C'mon it's ok to laugh.

But honestly, That's depressing as hell. The map sizes are barely bigger than what you might find in The SIMS. Eventually all maxis products will converge into one format that focuses on an area the size of three city blocks. Here you will be able to customize everything! From what drugs the vagrant living in the alley is addicted to, to how aggressively the police harass poor people who wander too close to the Mayor's House. You can even raise property taxes each year to pay for public works projects that constantly come in over budget and behind schedule. Projects that were pushed through the council by special interests that don't even live in the communities that end up paying the bill.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Tiny maps, always online requirement, shallow systems, poor technology utilization... this doesn't sound like SimCity, more like... SimSHITTY!... am I right... am I right. C'mon it's ok to laugh.

But honestly, That's depressing as hell. The map sizes are barely bigger than what you might find in The SIMS. Eventually all maxis products will converge into one format that focuses on an area the size of three city blocks. Here you will be able to customize everything! From what drugs the vagrant living in the alley is addicted to, to how aggressively the police harass poor people who wander too close to the Mayor's House. You can even raise property taxes each year to pay for public works projects that constantly come in over budget and behind schedule. Projects that were pushed through the council by special interests that don't even live in the communities that end up paying the bill.
I'm getting the same feeling you are, but let's take it a step further. Next they will tie it into Facebook/Android/iPhone games, and you'll be able to do a certain amount of farming/building/cat breeding per 15 minutes, as long as you keep logging back in...or buy these special gems which speed it up!