SimCity

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
98% chance region is a bunch of no-police / sewage-overflow / gangland / radiation cities trying to ruin other cities.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
98% chance region is a bunch of no-police / sewage-overflow / gangland / radiation cities trying to ruin other cities.
We'll see how it plays out. Based on what I've seen it's not like the regions will be a permanent fixture, but just a space to create cities and once the cities are created we'd create another region. And if we don't want shitty mayors in our region then it's easy to stop them.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone that is interested, if you purchase from Amazon digital download and use the promo code CAGSROCK, you get $15.00 off. Not sure how long it lasts but it's better than some of the other promotional conditions. (i.e. the Origin $20.00 is off a pretty sucky collection of games imho.)

Edit: Sorry, someone posted this earlier. Didn't mean to overlook... promo code is still good never the less. Happy gaming!

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Anyone that is interested, if you purchase from Amazon digital download and use the promo code CAGSROCK, you get $15.00 off. Not sure how long it lasts but it's better than some of the other promotional conditions. (i.e. the Origin $20.00 is off a pretty sucky collection of games imho.)
I tried this hours ago and got "This code is not valid."

I tried it again just now and got the same

Am I missing something, or is it just expired?

(I'm going to amazon, searching Digital Download Simcity, Adding it to cart, logging in, and it shows up at $65.15. Directly under the price is "Gift codes and Promotions", where I insert CAGSROCK, hit apply, and "This code is not valid".))

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I tried this hours ago and got "This code is not valid."

I tried it again just now and got the same

Am I missing something, or is it just expired?

(I'm going to amazon, searching Digital Download Simcity, Adding it to cart, logging in, and it shows up at $65.15. Directly under the price is "Gift codes and Promotions", where I insert CAGSROCK, hit apply, and "This code is not valid".))
Sounds like you doing everything right. I did receive an email stating that it's the last chance to preorder so its possible that either the promo expired or the promo is no longer applicable on that product.

Sorry to hear about your luck.
frown.png
I know that Walmart, Amazon, Origin are all doing $20 off one thing or another deals if you don't mind waiting or paying for shipping.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Man, I have been wanting to play a new version of Sim City for a while now. But there DRM just makes me wary. And the fact that the discount code didn't work for me the other day, bah... I think I will wait for your guys' reviews before I get it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've only been able to play it for a couple of brief sessions during the betas and find myself poking around streams to get a fix. Tuesday can't get here soon enough. Only real scary problem I've seen is someone dropping 90% of their population (playing at fastest speed) for no real reason other than his roads needed some more redundant connections.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I will play with you guys. I want to make a solo city first though.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
In light of Blizzard making indefensible design decisions, only to announce console support that makes them all make sense, anyone else thinking maybe the smaller cities is to make this game workable on consoles too? And we will get a future announcement that makes all this small city stuff make total sense?

Araxen

I think a WiiU port would do pretty well. The gamepad would be really useful for this game.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
No, but my pre-order on amazon just changed from saying march 6 at 11am to march 5 at 12am.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is part of the amazon email that I received this morning.
So just because you pre-ordered, even if you don't actually install the beta, EA now has the right to ban you from Origin if you read about a bug in this thread and don't report it, right?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
How is multiplayer going to work as an ongoing project? I'm off work tomorrow so i'll more than likely have it loaded and a region up prior to those I plan on playing with... Once I invite them or they join my region, what happens when I log off or they quit playing? Can they play without me? Can I do anything without them? I'm just a little unsure how the overall multiplayer dynamic is going to work.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll set up an IRC channel tonight somewhere (It won't be on the uberguilds network since Tyen has admin rights on there and has been banning people and screwing up channels).

Tonight is fucked though because of no preload, so all we can do is sit in a channel and bitch about our download speeds. Eventually someone will get in and pick a server/region and start inviting.

How it goes from there we'll see, but we aren't going to be making one region and sticking with it. It seems like you can pretty much fill in and finalize a city in an evening of gameplay, so if playing together is any kind of fun we'll be creating a lot of cities. An easy way to organize is to post your origin IDs in this thread and I'll edit them into the title.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Araxen

Ars reviews are generally crappy when it comes to video games so I take anything they say with a grain of salt.