SimCity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My main issue with the DRM is not being able to save. In a sense you are forced to play a long stretch if you want to progress at all. There is no playing for a hour or so each day and slowly building up.
Why do you say that? It seems perfectly valid to say, "Ok I'm going to log on and plot out this next city block's roads and zoning" or "I really need to update my police station's bullshit ugprades"

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm probably going to just let it play sometimes while I'm away and I don't have some kind of runaway growth. Unfortunately when you run out of any resource (including water I've heard) you have to start importing it from the region/global market to perpetuate your city services.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's going to be weird to be able to run out of resources. We'll see how easy it is to handle that vs just remaking a new city

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm saying, what happens if you are done of the day and quit, your city/progress is gone. When you log in again its starting over. Isn't this the case, since its always online with no save.

I mean unless you leave the game running and just pause it.

Though maybe I am wrong, I dunno.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
No, it's all saved on the server side like a character in EQ or something. There was no "save" there either. I believe it's dormant when you're not present though. Otherwise problems could get hellish. I'm curious if you can exploit city services while you're away by volunteering all of your fire/police/hospital/garbage vehicles to other cities before you log off.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh, thats very good to hear then. I wonder if they delete a city/region if there isn't any activity after so many days.

Fadaar

That guy
Sounds like a good time to use a Korean VPN once again. Worked for me with Battlefield 3 when it came out, I was playing hours ahead of everyone who waited for the actual American opening.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a good time to use a Korean VPN once again. Worked for me with Battlefield 3 when it came out, I was playing hours ahead of everyone who waited for the actual American opening.
Try it and let us know if it works! I'm bored and have nothing to do tonight QQ. I did the same for BF3.

Fadaar

That guy
Try it and let us know if it works! I'm bored and have nothing to do tonight QQ. I did the same for BF3.
Not having any luck
frown.png
Maybe someone else is better at this than I am and can lend a hand.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
People are cancelling their pre-orders. Honestly the reward of +4 hours compared to doing the vpn shit is too high. It'd be one thing if you were just using the vpn to decrypt your install and you were on your way.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
There any other free vpn services besides flyvpn? Their free trial server is full.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I can't imagine giving up my $20 off for an extra few hours...it isn't like there are even any server firsts or anything to worry about. So they finish their first slightly retarded city a little faster and move onto the next one a little quicker than I do. Yay!

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
Yah i dont really get it would be nice to actually preload so i could play in the morning but not worth the effort

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sigh I haven't been following this game at all by just reading the past few pages has convinced me to impulse buy this. What the hell I can afford it and I have liked Simcity in the past.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
March 4:
When you get in the game add Faillees (Faille) and jimmyw404 (Tuco) to your origin buddy list and ask us for an invite to the map. It might get full or whatever in which case I'll update the OP or we'll make another one.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
No, it's all saved on the server side like a character in EQ or something. There was no "save" there either. I believe it's dormant when you're not present though. Otherwise problems could get hellish. I'm curious if you can exploit city services while you're away by volunteering all of your fire/police/hospital/garbage vehicles to other cities before you log off.
I think you just get a certain amount of things for free to share with neighbors when you hit a threshold of some services. There was some mention of this in a review or Q&A that I read, that every ambulance you have you also get a regional service ambulance or something like that.

For other commodities like power I would hope the more you share the more you can profit.