SimCity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Was able to play in my area for a couple of hours. Starting off where I did for my first city was probably a terrible idea, as it is a 2-level coastal town, making any sort of actual maximization of space impossible for me at this point. It also has 2 oil deposits, which of course I didn't have any idea how to locate until I had already built tons of shit over both of them. With an oil refinery I'm generating tons more power than I actually need, but I have no clue how to send it to anyone else.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't actually do anything to send power to other people. They have to go to region view, power and select buy to buy any excess. The game itself will automatically put up any excess water, power, sewage up for sale. It will only sell any excess you have.

The things the player themselves has to manually "offer" to other cities, is services. Police , ambulance, fire , garbage trucks, recycle etc.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
In RR2 we almost have our first Arco built.

RR1 is also top 15 worldwide in population.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Been chipping away at the arco in RR 2. Fucker is epic. I have a 350kish city flinging random bits of metal/alloy at it. I'll try TVs when it's capped on metal and alloy. TVs are going to be stupid fucking epic though. You have to generate I think 1.5m in electronics sales, which is just the processors. Each maxed processor facility seems to be able to turn out about 330k in sales if your exports actually work.

To make TVs I might need to decimate my population and destroy services so I can cut down traffic enough to get reliable import/export. As it is, traffic is fucking me. The city was conceived of as a workforce support for faile and budos so I still have this legacy high residential design that I can do without.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This sucks been trying to connect for days now and even when I manage to get past launcher I just get into game and it says lost connect to server and nothing works.

When I get to main menu and nothing works because it loses connect, should I stay on that screen or do I have to quit out and try again?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I always quit when it isn't behaving. Sometimes I restart origin as well.

This is slowly turning into a ridiculously terrible launch. They need to get this connection shit handled.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I added a link to the spreadsheet and the page number for Intropy's Guide to the OP.

I'm off tomorrow so hopefully I can put some time into this. Will add Tuco and Faille tonight and try to get an invite to RR2 or whatever we have going on tomorrow.

Errorplane

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tried to log in this morning before work on West 2. Server said available so I tried to hope into my city. Game gets stuck at "Now Entering" screen and just keeps updating tips. Have to ctrl+alt+del to get out of it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Intropy I replicated your road-path last night. I'm really apprehensive about making a loop with the avenues vs multiple straight avenues that go through the city. What happened to me is that the intersection of one of my med-density roads wit hthe avenue caused a perpetual traffic jam with around 120,000 people. I had a bunch of mass tranist, it's just that loop funnels half the city into that intersection.

Goonsquad Officer
man i can't wait till I'm allowed to play my game again
smile.png

I'm trying to make me a smog bleching monstrocity and this whole server thing is tarding it up.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Intropy I replicated your road-path last night. I'm really apprehensive about making a loop with the avenues vs multiple straight avenues that go through the city. What happened to me is that the intersection of one of my med-density roads wit hthe avenue caused a perpetual traffic jam with around 120,000 people. I had a bunch of mass tranist, it's just that loop funnels half the city into that intersection.
Is it possible that you have too few connections to the main avenue? Its a delicate balance between spacing them out as far as possible and making sure everyone isn't accessing the avenue from the same cross street.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Intropy I replicated your road-path last night. I'm really apprehensive about making a loop with the avenues vs multiple straight avenues that go through the city. What happened to me is that the intersection of one of my med-density roads with the avenue caused a perpetual traffic jam with around 120,000 people. I had a bunch of mass transit, it's just that loop funnels half the city into that intersection.
I have also been trying (for the hour or so a day when I actually get in and can play) to build using Intropys guide and some issues I have already run into are planning around ore, oil, and coal deposits. Usually I would position my industrial and disposal services near these deposits and in a direction where the wind would not blow onto my residential. I would also try and build them in ares where the water table is the lightest so as not run into water issues later when I build more water towers.

Another thing is having RCI only exist on one side of the road and not in multiple cross sections across all sides of each road has reduced my revenue quite a bit also. Then if the map is not flat or if the main road travels right through the middle of your map that can throw another twist into things.

The guide is still very useful and I plan on working more customization's into it while I play if only I could play....

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is it possible that you have too few connections to the main avenue? Its a delicate balance between spacing them out as far as possible and making sure everyone isn't accessing the avenue from the same cross street.
Yeah I think I'll need 2 or three connections like that. Have you used much dirt roads for the avenues? Some people are using them and like them because they let cars get onto/off of avenues but don't cause intersections. It's not intuitive but from what I've seen there's no acceleration on cars so it might work.