Skyforge anyone following this?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, its lame to have so many stats. I've just been using rings with the highest strength, and hopefully additional stats like accuracy, crit chance or temper. Archer is really fun to play. The chat system ingame is pretty bad, pretty random if you will be able see / chat I'm the guild chat.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Just done the first mission or two but I find this entertaining... its something new and there are shiny abilities to use plus a story to hear. This alone gives it entertainment value vs. running the same old tired stuff.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nothing hooked me, I think the game looks great but the quests are all lazy and I felt zero progression despite the sprawling passive skill unlocks. Neverwinter is still the best action MMO to date IMO with Tera and Vindictus below that.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The one thing that killed it for me were the boss fights where I had to fight through 100 different health bars. Got boring.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is the worst designed Skinner Box in the history of Skinner Boxes. 2/10 would rather eat rat pellets.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just done the first mission or two but I find this entertaining... its something new and there are shiny abilities to use plus a story to hear. This alone gives it entertainment value vs. running the same old tired stuff.
Wait until the next story quest requires 2k+ prestige more to access the area.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
After playing it for a lil while now, what most annoy me of this game is the sparks cap, which basically limit your ability to progress by quite a bit. I playing mainly archer (fully developed), 14.2k prestige or something. Its true once you get to your weekly colored sparks cap, you still gain class and general's one (the yellow one that you can use in place of class sparks), it allows ya to fully develop any class that you opened up till the class spark point (class cap reset daily).

The problem come with proficency, which is increased only by green and red sparks. Proficiency control the lvl of equipment you can use, and right now im in a open zone quest, doing quest i m allowed to do cause i have enough prestige for the zone, but getting items rewards i cannot equip cause i lack 40 to 120 point of proficency, and im already at weekly cap after 1 day of playing (really easy when each mission gives ya 500 to 1k sparks reward). System is stupid, if you have the prestige to open up a zone, then you shud be able to equip the rewards you get from the quest.

Archer is a nice clas, but its full of bugs, from charging abilities not firing but consuming mana, from bugging out for couple of second stopping you from atk completely, to the dodge bug. Hopefully next patch fix it. I got the chance to make a play mission as a warlock, and that is the next class i gonna open (so far got kinetic beside the archer), pretty fun and nice mechanics.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I get the impression that the game is really based around the concept that you spend your "offtime" leveling up secondary classes. I'm okay with this because I'm finding the eyecandy and general craziness of the abilities to be enjoyable in puttering around with the different classes. I probably would have just levelled up my alts in WoW if the alt experience in WoD wasn't so annoying.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get the impression that the game is really based around the concept that you spend your "offtime" leveling up secondary classes. I'm okay with this because I'm finding the eyecandy and general craziness of the abilities to be enjoyable in puttering around with the different classes. I probably would have just levelled up my alts in WoW if the alt experience in WoD wasn't so annoying.
Id agree if class sparks wernt capped too.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
class sparks reset daily tho (or the yellow ones that u can use for any class..evolution sparks), not sure if it was cause i had premium at the time or not.

EDIT: actualy it seem only for premium, as im no longer, i stopped to gain evolution sparks, and stopped to gain class sparks too. When i was premium i could gain evolution sparks every day... now its no longer the case.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
class sparks reset daily tho (or the yellow ones that u can use for any class..evolution sparks), not sure if it was cause i had premium at the time or not.

EDIT: actualy it seem only for premium, as im no longer, i stopped to gain evolution sparks, and stopped to gain class sparks too. When i was premium i could gain evolution sparks every day... now its no longer the case.
Even for premium, class sparks dont reset daily. Its a weekly reset just like everything else.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even for premium, class sparks dont reset daily. Its a weekly reset just like everything else.
yeah ive read that, as i did look into it a bit today cause i couldnt explain it, still cant. For the past 2-3 weeks (dont remember) i was constantly getting evolution sparks each day. I am sure i was getting past the cap cause at some point during the day i would stop gaining them, but the next day it resumed. And that went on everyday. Stopped to work like that the moment i got out of premium.

Really got no explanation about it, as you said, and as i confirmed by reading around a bit, everything is a weekly reset. Dont know really. maybe a lucky bug? or maybe a i dreamt but in what 2/3 weeks i played i finished archer progression and almost finished lightbringer and kinetic with pala half done, so..

Even more so, now ive realized the cap its too short, you can cap most of the spark in 2 days, i playing lazinly capped everything yesterday, so u got shit to do for 4 -5 days, with no progress at all, except maybe raising the temples/followers (but even that is a slow and minor progression, oki table being each 2 days and so on).

For a game with that huge characters progression, such a small cap it is really annoying

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you max out your class? Once you get all the skills/talents from a class you stop earning class sparks. If your premium(next patch everyone gets this) you earn evolution instead. If you arnt you get nothing.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you max out your class? Once you get all the skills/talents from a class you stop earning class sparks. If your premium(next patch everyone gets this) you earn evolution instead. If you arnt you get nothing.
yeah i did max out archer as i said i fully developed it. The thing was since i was farming with archer for the other classes, i was getting evolution sparks each days, but during it, at some point i stopped to earning it (always with archer), but the day after it resumed; that is why i supposed it was a daily reset. I never paid much attention to the limit cap cause i was getting a stream of evolution spark each day. I only checked on it after i stopped gaining em few days ago.

Anyway, i think ive read that if u dont reach the cap (at least for the green,blue,red ones dunno bout class and evolution) the amount of it cause toward the next week? maybe that the reason, maybe i completed archer just before reset and the whole amount of that week went into the next?.. but it sound far streched. Dunno guess ill never know as i didnt really pay any attention to the cap till i ran out of premium.

On a different matter, kinetic melee, with the right talent set up, kinda own, very bursty each 30 sec you can combo up for insane dmg with 100% crit and 105% total increased dmg. Way better than archer for bosses specially the one that has different phases. Is quickly becoming one of my fav classes. I still want to get the warlock tho.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
archer is fairly simply get talenst for burning, keep burning up, use aimed shot (2nd fire charge) and rapid fire burning when it proc (never use it without proc it consume most of your resource), get the talent that does extra dmg when piercing shot remove burning and use it before the dot fade (rinse and repeat for single target). Wildfire arrow is great for clearing packs togheter with the aoe stun on electric stance ( for pach i do 3rd charge of fire > 3rd charge of lightning > piercing shot to remove the burning dot if stuff still alive). You can get the talent that increase lightning stance dmg when burning effect is on, Also the talent with fear proc on burning is really useful.

Its a fairly easy to use solid dps class, just full of bugs.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These two links are pretty useful, one is a loottable spreadsheet, the other is a wall of text full of good info about prestige/proficiency:

Prestige/Proficiency Guide

Loot Spreadsheet

About Archers. Nyn gave good advice, as an Archer your dmg is going to come from inflicting Burning (dot) on mobs, then forcefully removing it with Piercing Shot (w/600% dmg talent). I personally think Aimed Shot is rather weak, its only saving grace is that it can proc the no cost buff for Rapid Fire. Since Aimed Shot is useful, I would try to get Amulets that buff its damage, with one of those Amulets also buffing Single Shot (basic attack, which does like +52% dmg to burning targets).

Stats are a mess, and keeping track of what you need is bothersome, but the simple path is going for Strength/Luck as your primary stats, then look for the secondary stats of:
Accuracy (increases your base damage)
Crushing Blow (chance at doubling base damage)
Crit Chance

Or you can go for Strength/Valor, and look for these secondary stats:
Accuracy
Crushing Blow
Temper (increases bonus dmg, and allows a chance at procing max bonus dmg regardless mob health; bonus dmg is related to a mobs health, the higher its health, the higher bonus dmg, the lower its health, the lower the bonus dmg, so Temper makes Bonus dmg useful the entire fight)

Don't use Jump Shot, since there is a chance you'll become rooted in place and have to dash to get moving again. Try not to use a charge up skill on mob that might move out of LoS, this will make you unable to attack until you switch elements or dash. If you "lock on" to a mob, your arrows will pass through any mobs between you without issue, but you're not locked on, your arrows will hit whatever passes in front of you.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This got me to stop playing Neverwinter for a bit. The lure of boob physics was too strong to ignore.

It is pretty to look at, and the levelling is different and very Final Fantasy-ish to me (one of them I recall had that crazy skill node tree, the one with Lightning maybe? I don't remember), but those caps on earning stuff, holy shit. I am not sure that is a good idea.

Ah, well, I will screw around in it for a few weeks, because the price is great and it is embarrassing that I have been playing Neverwinter for so long anyway.

sebur

Bronze Squire
The cap actually rolls over, so while there is a problem for people who actually play the game (like me) who will cap out in a couple of days the actual casuals don't miss out on anything. So ya I hate the cap, about the only real complaint I have.