Skyforge anyone following this?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Ok this game is really right up my armchair design alley. It's like they took all of my ideas.

1) You can be all classes at any time you want. No rerolling, no re-leveling.
2) Action based game.
3) Plays like a MOBA. Few abilities, and an ultimate.
4) Character specs or "Ascension Atlas" looks like a Final Fantasy kind of grid of abilities or spheres to unlock.
5) Bring it up a level it's an PoE like system where you can unlock different classes. This is so awesome.
6) You can level up your character, then unlock god form, and that is your form of AAs

This looks like an MMO I can get into. The problem? It's from Allods. Allods Online was a pretty cool DIKU game that was weighed down by one of the shittiest cash shops I've seen. If they can launch this game in the West with a better cash shop model, it might be worth checking out.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Right now they will not tell us what will be in the cash shop (I have tried) but they do know how everyone felt about Allods, and the publisher in the west will not be the same one Allods used for this game. So there is hope.

Bruman

Golden Squire
That Gamescon video did look pretty cool, for what it's worth. On the "cautious" side though:

-For some reason it gave me some GW2 vibes. Not saying it's a GW2 copy by any means, but I got some of the same emotions looking at it. I got bored of GW2 much, much earlier than I thought I would.
-So is the trinity gone, I assume? I'm guessing you can have tankier and more utility-oriented classes, but didn't seem like the official roles were there.
-The big Ascension UI thing looks very unappealing to me. Looks overly complex to navigate and to get a good view of what's going on, and where you should go. I also hated PoE's huge graph of WTF, and some people love it. I guess that one is down to taste.

Greyform

Ok this game is really right up my armchair design alley. It's like they took all of my ideas.

1) You can be all classes at any time you want. No rerolling, no re-leveling.
2) Action based game.
3) Plays like a MOBA. Few abilities, and an ultimate.
4) Character specs or "Ascension Atlas" looks like a Final Fantasy kind of grid of abilities or spheres to unlock.
5) Bring it up a level it's an PoE like system where you can unlock different classes. This is so awesome.
6) You can level up your character, then unlock god form, and that is your form of AAs

This looks like an MMO I can get into. The problem? It's from Allods. Allods Online was a pretty cool DIKU game that was weighed down by one of the shittiest cash shops I've seen. If they can launch this game in the West with a better cash shop model, it might be worth checking out.
Use your Rerolled clout and get us a few beta invites...

Dahlrek_sl

shitlord
Thanks for posting this. I actually liked several things about Allods, but the implementation of the cash shop ruined it. Way to early to see if this goes anywhere, but at least it looks interesting.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I might actually play this.. not because it looks that good, but because everything else looks so bad lol

This game looks far more interesting than anything else out on the MMO horizon that I've seen. Hope they don't fuck up the cash shop.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
This game looks far more interesting than anything else out on the MMO horizon that I've seen. Hope they don't fuck up the cash shop.
These guys made Allods online. How can you have hope they won't fuck up the cash shop when that game has probably the worst one in existence?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
They have a western publisher that might not fuck it up. Gives it a bit of a chance, but I'm not holding my breath.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I remain extremely skeptical, but sadly so. The game looks really fun. I fully expect a total bullshit cash shop, but hope they remain reasonable.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remain extremely skeptical, but sadly so. The game looks really fun. I fully expect a total bullshit cash shop, but hope they remain reasonable.
Games like Dota and TF2 have made me realize the F2P model can work. Just need to see it in an MMO.

Greyform

Going to be in their beta this weekend, there is an NDA so really cannot discuss the game, but it will be a first look into it. At least beta means they're getting close.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Give your credit card # and personal information to a Russian Software company.... what can possibly go wrong?

Greyform

No one had to give any CC or personal info out just fill out the beta ap. It looks like anyone who did pretty much got into the weekend beta test.